Program Manager, Field Enablement (Content)
The GitLab DevSecOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 2,000+ team members and values that foster a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute. Learn more about Life at GitLab.
Remote, North America
An overview of this role
As an individual contributor reporting to the Sr. Manager, Field Communications and Content, you will be responsible for the administration, governance, and enablement of GitLab’s field enablement platform, Highspot.
In this role, you will partner with groups across the business that create internal- and external-facing content for the GitLab Field team – from Technical Marketing, Product Marketing and Management, Solutions Architecture & Field CTO, Customer Success, Customer Education, and various other field team members – to maintain a platform that allows our customer-facing teams to easily access content that helps them build a deeper technical understanding of our product use cases, effectively demonstrate and clearly differentiate our platform capabilities, and successfully articulate the power of GitLab’s AI-Powered DevSecOps platform.
If you are a builder with a passion for platform administration and strategy, if you like analyzing data and trends to influence content-based business decisions, and if you like collaborating and building relationships with cross-functional go-to-market teams, apply today.
What you’ll do
- Implement, design, update, maintain and measure the Highspot platform.
- Drive Highspot as a strategic component for supporting ongoing GTM programs.
- Collaborate with functions across Marketing, Product and more to drive prioritized pre-sales and post-sales content enablement initiatives to drive efficient, predictable, and scalable growth for GitLab.
- Help content owners (e.g. PMM) simplify content management processes by sharing best practices, Highspot product knowledge, and upholding good content governance by driving accountability and buy-in across teams.
- Help content owners publish and maintain internal and customer-facing content within Highspot, building templates or a “starting place” for teams when appropriate.
- Serve as the internal champion for Highspot, ensuring the Enablement and Marketing roadmaps leverage Highspot functionality where appropriate.
- Partner with Marketing, Sales, Customer Success and Partner teams to align content to different stages of the buyer journey and sales process, and orchestrate plans to address identified and prioritized content gaps.
- Help prepare and deliver quarterly Highspot Business Reviews to executive leadership and other stakeholders.
- Use information gained through platform usage to inform/drive business-level decision-making about content strategy, buyer engagement, and rep behaviors.
- Work with the Highspot Services Executive and Account Manager to set-up consistent check-ins, Business Reviews, and stakeholder meetings.
- Stay up-to-date on new Highspot features and functionalities and iterate the GitLab platform and use case appropriately.
- Own day-to-day platform administration tasks including, but not limited to monitoring and responding to team member questions and support requests in dedicated Slack channels and managing user access.
- Continually reinforce Highspot product knowledge and techniques for successful selling via training and evangelism.
What you’ll bring
- Detail-oriented and highly organized, with a passion for modern software
- Experience with platform management, knowledge management or content management
- Experience in enablement fields (e.g. sales enablement, partner enablement, marketing enablement) and/or customer success is a strong plus in order to see the big picture, connect the dots, and provide strategic advice to key stakeholders
- Experience working with other go-to-market teams (e.g. Sales, Marketing, Product) with sound insight into each function’s objectives, challenges, and priorities
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to gather feedback and build consensus with multiple stakeholders
- Experience in Sales and/or Customer Success is a plus
- Experience planning, evaluating, and executing plans from ideation to completion
- Strong analytical and process skills, with the ability to connect data and trends to business insights
- Strong communication skills and a successful history of cross-functional collaboration
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and high-growth environment
- Working knowledge of Google docs; photo and video-editing software is a plus
- Knowledge of the software development life cycle, DevOps, and/or open source software is a plus
- Knowledge of and experience with Highspot is preferred
How GitLab will support you
The GitLab Field Enablement team exists to inspire our field and partners to achieve high levels of success through the acquisition and application of knowledge, skills and behaviors - at scale - that improve productivity and accelerate customer outcomes & growth. We have a lot of fun doing this!
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.