Engineering Manager, Product Adoption Metrics
The GitLab DevSecOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 2,000+ team members and values that foster a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute. Learn more about Life at GitLab.
An overview of this role
The Product Adoption Metrics team is a new team at GitLab that will provide the tooling and framework to help GitLab stages and groups understand and improve on adoption of their features to better support customers. They will work collaboratively with Product, Development, and Data teams, to understand and quantify the value of feature development within GitLab across the DevSecOps stages.
The Engineering Manager will build and lead this new team. Hiring is a key part of the role, as well as supporting team members, working closely with counterparts, and communicating - asynchronous and synchronous - progress with multiple teams.
What you’ll do
- Manage a team of engineers across multiple disciplines
- Collaborate cross-functionally to gather requirements and deliver features in GitLab
- Author project plans for epics and run agile project management processes
- Monitor progress, unblock obstacles, and ensure on-time delivery for the team
- Coach and mentor team members to support their professional growth
- Promote a culture of innovation, inclusion, and delivery
What you’ll bring
- Proven experience managing high-performing engineering teams
- Data-driven approach to improving team productivity and effectiveness
- Strong communication, collaboration, and stakeholder management abilities
- In-depth technical experience in Ruby on Rails
About the team
The Product Adoption Metrics team is a new team. As well as the Engineering Manager, Engineers will be hired and onboarded to thrive as part of GitLab’s all-remote, globally distributed team. This team is growing, and there are currently 3 positions available. Ex. Thanks to our Transparency value, you can see what we are working on in our Team. You can even see our roadmap and listen to some of our meetings.
How GitLab will support you
- Benefits to support your health, finances, and well-being
- All remote, asynchronous work environment
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Team Member Resource Groups
- Equity Compensation & Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Growth and development budget
- Parental leave
- Home office support
Please note that we welcome interest from candidates with varying levels of experience; many successful candidates do not meet every single requirement. Additionally, studies have shown that people from underrepresented groups are less likely to apply to a job unless they meet every single qualification. If you're excited about this role, please apply and allow our recruiters to assess your application.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.