Senior Professional Services Program Manager
The GitLab DevSecOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 2,000+ team members and values that foster a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute. Learn more about Life at GitLab.
Senior Professional Services Program Manager
You are responsible for a highly visible and customer-facing position within the Professional Services organization and the wider Customer Success team. Your role involves working with various teams, including but not limited to Professional Services Engineers, Project Managers, Engagement Managers, Technical Architects, Professional Services Operations, and the Sales Organization. As a Senior Program Manager, your main responsibility is to oversee and manage customer programs and a portfolio of projects. Your primary role is to ensure the successful delivery of client projects, including long-term strategy, while also managing the overall program and providing strategic guidance to the team and customer. You report to the Regional Delivery Manager in your capacity as a Senior Professional Services Program Manager.
What you’ll do
- Lead delivery of multi-workstream professional services engagements with some of the largest and most strategic customers.
- Build strong relationships with key customer stakeholders including executive leaders, counterpart program/project managers, engineering, development, and security and teams.
- Develop a delivery methodology that leverages agile and project management best practices. Communicate how this methodology will be used to key customer stakeholders. Lead the execution of the methodology by bringing together customer and GitLab team members.
- Build and continuously communicate Program Roadmap, dependencies, and deliverables
- Manage stakeholder expectations to gain approval from stakeholders on project milestones.
- Define program strategy to include
- Program justification
- Program benefits
- In scope / Out of scope projects
- Timeline and schedule
- Resources (how many teams, PMs, PSEs, TAs etc)
- Identify Stakeholders
- Create a program level RACI chart
- Define Program Success Criteria
- Create Program Level WBS (Work Breakdown Structure) for all the projects
- Create Communication plans between projects with Stakeholders
- Define Program Escalation Path
- Work closely with Engagement Managers to define workstreams when scoping larger customer programs, which may include reviewing proposals or Statements of Work prior to signature
- Assist the Regional Delivery Managers in creating and executing quarterly OKRs that drive optimization of all Project Manager processes
- Act as a SME (subject matter expert) by providing leadership and guidance to Project Managers
- Identify and implement improvements to the methodology, processes, and tools used by Project Managers in support of internal and external customers
- Collaborate as an equal partner with leadership and support teams and sales to establish scalability, reliability, and success
What you’ll bring
- Proficiency with forecasting and reporting metrics
- Ability to lead Project Management Program Level meetings, including but not limited to, the Weekly PM meeting
- Ability to formulate, organize, monitor, and manage inter-connected projects
- Ability to manage budgets and timelines for long-term projects
- Develop long-term plans in collaboration with customers
- Ability to partner with Engagement Managers and Architects to develop long term plans in support of customer adoption and transformation
- GitLab Project Management Certified within 2 months of the role
- Previous experience managing customer programs with successful track record
- Ability to recognize patterns and course correct accordingly
- Stong knowledge of multiple Project Management methodologies
- Experience with managing programs related to DevOps Transformation, Cloud transformation or Enterprise Architecture and Governance.
How GitLab will support you
- Benefits to support your health, finances, and well-being
- All remote, asynchronous work environment
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Team Member Resource Groups
- Equity Compensation & Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Growth and development budget
- Parental leave
- Home office support
Please note that we welcome interest from candidates with varying levels of experience; many successful candidates do not meet every single requirement. Additionally, studies have shown that people from underrepresented groups are less likely to apply to a job unless they meet every single qualification. If you're excited about this role, please apply and allow our recruiters to assess your application.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.