Senior Corporate Communications Manager (West)
The GitLab DevSecOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 2,000+ team members and values that foster a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute. Learn more about Life at GitLab.
An overview of this role
This person will be part of the global Corporate Communications team, focused on EMEA and APJ. They will help deliver corporate PR, reputation management, and executive visibility programs serving to develop, raise, and protect GitLab’s profile.
The focus will be approximately 30% on APJ, 50% on EMEA, and 20% on integration across the team. The ideal candidate will be optimally located to interface with team members across the US, and in APJ, UK, France, and Germany. Fluency in French or German language will be highly desirable for this position. Regardless of location, you will be expected to work EST US hours 3-4 times per week.
This role supports a cross-functional, strategic communications strategy that brings GitLab’s vision and voice to industry topics.
What you’ll do
- Develop integrated communications campaigns.
- Develop overarching company storylines for media.
- Have your finger on the pulse of the news and provide creative ideas to gain media coverage.
- Help manage GitLab’s PR agency relationships and ensure their programs are in line with overall communications goals, objectives, and outcomes.
- Participate in crisis communications efforts as needed.
- Contribute to Corporate Communications activities, OKRs, and reporting on results.
- Develop and edit content, including bylines, blogs, spokesperson briefing documents, and media alerts in English.
What you’ll bring
- 8+ years experience in public relations and/or marketing communications.
- Experience with crisis communications and executive visibility.
- Experience managing PR agencies and driving results.
- A natural storyteller with excellent writing skills.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to drive cross-functional deadlines consistently.
- Excellent judgment and the ability to operate with grace under pressure.
- Results-oriented, collaborative team player, and strategic thinker.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to drive organizational and team alignment.
- Use of data to measure results and inform decision-making and strategy development.
- Proven track record in building, getting buy-in, executing plans, and staying focused on “getting it done” in a fast-moving, technical environment.
- Comfortable with transparency in communications.
- You share our values (https://about.gitlab.com/handbook/values) and work following those values.
- Ability to use GitLab
About the team
We are a team of storytellers who empower people around the world to share news about or from GitLab. The team helps media professionals communicate with software developers and business leaders about the insight and thought leadership of our senior leaders at GitLab. Thanks to our Transparency value, you can read more about the GitLab Corporate Communications team in the GitLab Handbook.
How GitLab will support you
- Benefits to support your health, finances, and well-being
- All remote, asynchronous work environment
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Team Member Resource Groups
- Equity Compensation & Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Growth and development budget
- Parental leave
- Home office support
Please note that we welcome interest from candidates with varying levels of experience; many successful candidates do not meet every single requirement. Additionally, studies have shown that people from underrepresented groups are less likely to apply to a job unless they meet every single qualification. If you're excited about this role, please apply and allow our recruiters to assess your application.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.