Director of Success Services Offerings
The GitLab DevSecOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 2,000+ team members and values that foster a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute. Learn more about Life at GitLab.
The Director of Success Services is a strategic leader responsible for defining, developing, and delivering our innovative paid success plan offerings, including adoption, support, and educational services. With a customer-centric approach, your role will be to successfully drive our customers' adoption of these services, achieving bookings, revenue, retention, and customer satisfaction goals. Given the strategic nature of this role, you will need to collaborate across Sales, Marketing, Product, Customer Success, Support, Education, Finance, IT, and Operations to drive the program's success. With a strategic vision, you will serve as the champion and advocate internally and with customers and partners.
- Strategic Leadership: Develop and articulate a clear vision for paid success plan offerings, ensuring alignment with company goals and customer needs.
- Product and Service Development: Lead the design, deployment, and iterations of new and existing service offerings, ensuring they deliver to growth, adoption, financial, and customer needs.
- Go-to-Market: Collaborate with functional teams to develop and iterate value proposition and messaging, marketing plans, collateral, and sales enablement.
- Cross-functional Collaboration and Influence: Work across functions to drive initiatives and priorities to deploy and scale the offers globally. A strong interlock with Sales and Sales leadership will be critical.
- Market Research: Conduct thorough analysis to understand customer needs, industry trends, competitor offerings, and service strategies.
- Customer Experience: Develop and maintain detailed customer journey maps and manage feedback loops to enhance service offerings and customer touchpoints.
- Performance Management: Define and monitor KPIs for service offerings, evaluating success and identifying and leading improvements based on internal, customer, and partner feedback.
- Team Leadership: Guide and support a diverse team, fostering a culture of innovation and continuous improvement.
- Communication: Regularly report service offerings' progress and outcomes to senior leadership and stakeholders.
- Commercial Management: Oversee the services product portfolio, manage commercial collateral, and ensure alignment with commercial targets.
- Has a bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, or a related field.
- Proven experience successfully driving large cross-functional projects in fast-paced technology SaaS companies.
- Experience designing and developing product and/or service offers, including all aspects of offer development, launch, and global scaling.
- Has developed offers supporting technical solutions. Experience with DevOps, software development, cloud technologies, agile methodologies, and/or development tools is a plus.
- Has domain experience with professional services, customer success management, education, and support.
- Brings a strong balance of strategy and “get it done” execution skills. High organizational skills and ability to manage multiple initiatives and deadlines.
- Exceptional communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills with internal team members, senior leadership, customers, and partners.
- Known for intellectual curiosity and having a perspective while remaining highly collaborative
- Aligned to Gitlab’s CREDIT values.
How GitLab will support you
- Benefits to support your health, finances, and well-being
- All remote, asynchronous work environment
- Unlimited PTO (paid time off)
- Team Member Resource Groups
- Equity Compensation & Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Growth and development budget
- Parental leave
- Home office support
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process.
- Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute screening call with one of our Global Recruiters
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule an interview with the VP of Global CSMs
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule an interview with our Sr. Director of CS Strategy & Operations
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule an interview with our VP of Global Support Engineering
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule an interview with our Sr. Director of Education Services
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule an interview with a leader from People Business Partner team
- For our final stage, candidates will be asked to present (we'll share a prompt) to our VP of Global CSMs and 1-2 of our previous interviewers
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
Please note that we welcome interest from candidates with varying levels of experience; many successful candidates do not meet every single requirement. Additionally, studies have shown that people from underrepresented groups are less likely to apply to a job unless they meet every single qualification. If you're excited about this role, please apply and allow our recruiters to assess your application.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.