Director, GTM Strategy & Planning
Gong transforms revenue organizations by harnessing customer interactions to increase business efficiency, improve decision-making and accelerate revenue growth. The Revenue Intelligence Platform uses proprietary artificial intelligence technology to enable teams to capture, understand and act on all customer interactions in a single, integrated platform. More than 4,000 companies around the world rely on Gong to support their go-to-market strategies and grow revenue efficiently. For more information, visit www.gong.io.
As Director, GTM Strategy & Planning, you will act as a thought partner for Enterprise sales leadership, with a focus on process and analytics. You will be an internal champion of Gong usage including partnership with the Product team on Gong improvements & bugs, finding new ways to use Gong for Sales use cases, enforcing Gong hygiene and usage with the Sales team!
- Partner with Sales, Operations, and Finance leadership on developing territory methodology, headcount models and capacity plans
- Run and maintain weekly/monthly operating rhythm including forecast/pipeline reviews, demand gen reviews, MRR/QBR, account reviews, KPI tracking, headcount tracking, etc.
- Partner with internal Revenue Operations to communicate the methodology and assignments for territories/books
- Build and maintain tight partnerships across the Revenue org (Enablement, Marketing, CS) to drive operational strategies that span the organization.
- Partner with analytics and BI team members to design, develop, and implement reporting and dashboards to manage the business, aligning with the operating rhythm set by Sales & Operations leadership
- Analyze and promote the health of the business to improve Sales productivity & performance
- Quickly solve sales process pain points in the moment, while helping develop long-term solutions
- Work with the System Ops team to help design new and improve current workflows/automation for Sales
- Identify, prioritize and scope key strategic initiatives/projects accordingly
- Build and maintain key documentation regarding our policies, sales processes, and engagement rules; help enforce "compliance" at all levels.
- Tech-curious: problem-solver who seeks out creative solutions using process + technology
- Great communicator- propensity to translate technical information or complex concepts and speak to them in a clear and effective way to internal customers and stakeholders.
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to work independently as well as in a highly collaborative, team-based environment.
- Ability to execute: can juggle multiple projects, fulfill priorities and meet deadlines
- Be a data junkie that knows what quality data means and help the team design & improve it
- 7+ years of relevant sales/business operations experience with a solid understanding of SaaS business models and using Salesforce.com
- Experience navigating a complicated tech stack including tools for CRM, Account planning, Account Scoring, Data Enrichment, and other Productivity tools
- Background working in sales organizations selling to Fortune 1000 companies
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative skills. SQL knowledge is a plus
PERKS & BENEFITS
- We offer Gongsters a variety of medical, dental, and vision plans, designed to fit you and your family’s needs.
- Wellbeing Fund - flexible wellness stipend to support a healthy lifestyle.
- Mental Health benefits with covered therapy and coaching.
- 401(k) program to help you invest in your future.
- Education & learning stipend for personal growth and development.
- Flexible vacation time to promote a healthy work-life blend.
- Paid parental leave to support you and your family.
- Company-wide recharge days each quarter.
- Work from home stipend to help you succeed in a remote environment.
The annual salary hiring range for this position is $153,000 - $227,000 USD.
Compensation is based on factors unique to each candidate, including, but not limited to, job-related skills, qualification, education, experience, and location. At Gong, we have a location-based compensation structure, which means there may be a different range for candidates in other locations. The total compensation package for this position, in addition to base compensation, may include incentive compensation, bonus, equity, and benefits. Some of our sales compensation programs also offer the potential to achieve above targeted earnings for those who exceed their sales targets.
We are always looking for outstanding Gongsters! So if this sounds like something that interests you regardless of compensation, please reach out. We may have more roles for you to consider and would love to connect.
Gong is an equal-opportunity employer. We believe that diversity is integral to our success, and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, military status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.