Senior Mobile Engineer, Grafana On call - (Remote, EMEA)
This is a remote opportunity and we would be interested in applicants from European time zones only at this time.
The Cloud team at Grafana Labs:
Grafana Cloud is a composable observability platform, integrating metrics and logs with Grafana. Many organizations do not want to spend the resources to host their own Grafana, or are seeking extra reliability or scalability for their monitoring by choosing to host monitoring separately from their infrastructure. We make data intake into Grafana easier by providing data source integrations with prebuilt dashboards and alerts for common use cases. We want customers to easily and reliably monitor all of their servers and applications with Grafana Cloud.
We're looking for a Mobile Engineer to join the Grafana OnCall squad. The team is working on recently open source, and the cloud service on top of it. Check the project here.
We are looking for Mobile Engineers that are passionate about communicating with data and providing seamless experiences for our customers to join our growing team!
What you'll work on:
- Collaborate with Product, UX, and graphic designers to turn their designs into great user experiences.
- You will join the Grafana OnCall team to work on Grafana OnCall mobile app: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrH7sHvJ0cs
- As a member of the OnCall team, you will be highly involved in the product and engineering decisions making process regarding mobile app and the whole Grafana OnCall.
We look for teammates that possess the following skills:
- You are comfortable working in a remote-first company; communication is key.
- For us, working together means being collaborative, friendly, kind, and respectful. We operate by consensus. You can contribute to a discussion, disagree constructively, and commit to the team’s decision. You are able to communicate design decisions clearly in written and spoken English.
- You have at least a couple of years of experience as a Mobile developer (Flutter is a plus). We are a small team, working remotely, on a product that will be used by engineers all over the world – the ability to work on your own is crucial.
- You’re familiar with mobile technologies and understand the strengths and weaknesses of the main different frameworks.
- You have a good understanding of a software development process that takes a user-centered approach. You easily build an understanding of the users’ context and goals which will help you build the right solution with the maximum value.
- You know how to transform ideas into working code – you are able to design a solution, get feedback, and write a prototype by yourself.
- You enjoy working on complex solutions – Grafana is a highly technological solution and has avid followers who rely on it every day and who care deeply about their workflows. You value code maintainability, readability & automation.
- You are able to troubleshoot modern Flutter application issues and work with profilers, debuggers and other dev tools.
- You’re familiar with deploying mobile apps and analyze user behavior using analytics tools
- Familiarity with Linux and any of Prometheus, Graphite, InfluxDB or Elasticsearch is also an advantage.
Technologies you'll work with:
- Rest API
- Flutter (We use many third party packages like Riverpod and Isar)