Senior Manager, Accounting (Remote, USA)
Grafana Labs is looking for an experienced, Senior Manager, Accounting to lead our close process in a growing technology company. Reporting to our Director of Accounting, this is an opportunity to join a fast paced startup and play a driving role in our accounting and financial operations.
- Oversee and coordinate all activities related to the consolidated close process and
ensure timely preparation of account reconciliations, financial flux analysis, and
schedules for management reporting.
- Manage, lead, and develop the U.S. Accounting team through proactive coaching and
- Oversee the global consolidation of financial statements for multiple entities across
different regions, including managing inter-company transactions and ensuring proper
- Prepare monthly and quarterly management reporting packages and assist with the
preparation of annual GAAP financial statements, including related support schedules as
- Investigate and document fluctuations in budget to actual variance analysis.
Identify and implement process improvements and automation to reduce time to close and
improve accuracy of underlying accounting records.
- Provide planning, direction and coordination of accounting operational functions.
- Ensure accounting systems are stable and scalable to support the accurate and timely
reporting of financial data.
- Develop, implement, and maintain accounting policies and procedures for their responsible areas, including (but not limited to) prepaid expenses, fixed assets,
consolidations, and account reconciliations.
- Implement, maintain and execute SOX controls for immediate areas of responsibilities.
- Support external audits and reviews by interfacing with auditors and ensuring timely completion of supporting schedules.
- Build strong partnerships with cross functional teams (for example, People, Legal, and F&S) to identify areas for improvement and solve problems.
- Develop a culture of mentorship, continuous improvement, training, and success in the accounting organization.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field. CPA certification preferred.
- Proven experience (7+ years) in accounting and finance, with at least 2 years in a managerial role.
- Strong understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and financial reporting standards.
- Experience in the technology industry or a related field is a plus.
- Experience with NetSuite and global consolidation required.
- Hands-on experience in managing general accounting operations and performing accounting analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple competing tasks and demands in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Team player with strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to lead and mentor but also roll up sleeves and be a team player