Senior Tax Manager (Remote, USA)
Grafana Labs is building out its global tax function and is looking to recruit an experienced professional in the Senior Tax Manager position. Reporting to the Company’s VP of Tax and Treasury, this role will touch each of the components of our global tax function, including tax planning, reporting, audits and compliance. This position will play an instrumental, hands-on, pioneering role in developing the Company's overarching tax strategies and creating the necessary processes and systems to support them. This is an individual contributor role that is 100% remote. We are looking for a motivated, self-driven, and high-performing professional who is seeking a foundational opportunity at a fast-paced growth stage startup.
- Prepare quarterly and annual tax provision requirements under ASC 740 and related financial statement disclosures
- Prepare quarterly and annual ASC 718 (FAS 123R) calculations
- Responsible for collecting, understanding, and reporting worldwide accounting for uncertain tax positions (FIN 48)
- Assist with the preparation of the U.S. federal and state income tax returns. Responsibilities include both U.S. domestic and international aspects of the preparation, such as book tax difference computations (e.g. depreciation and amortization), all related foreign forms (e.g. 5471, 8858), foreign tax credits and foreign earnings and profit computations.
- Prepare reconciliation of the Company’s domestic and foreign tax-related balance sheet accounts
- Manage global transfer pricing strategy and reporting
- Work with outside consultants to prepare and review foreign statutory financials and foreign income tax returns
- Assist in International tax planning and M&A projects
- Assist with preparing monthly, quarterly and annual Sales and Use Tax filings, GST/VAT and other domestic and international tax filings.
- Develop financial modeling in support of tax planning and initiatives evaluation
- Prepare insightful analytics summary for management review
- Build collaborative working relationships across the organization
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, CPA preferred
- 8+ years of public accounting and/or industry accounting experience including income tax accounting and compliance
- Experience and proficiency preparing tax workpapers supporting federal and state income and non-income tax filings
- Experience in federal, state and foreign tax compliance including nexus, multi-state apportionment rules (e.g., cost-of-performance versus market-sourcing versus single-sales factor, etc.)
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate cross-functionally at all levels in an efficient manner.
- Have excellent analytical skills, ensure results are accurate and able to communicate findings in a precise and simple manner
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment with strong ownership of his/her function
- Results driven with high level of initiative, teamwork, urgency, accountability and integrity
- Demonstrates hands-on willingness to accept challenging projects outside areas of experience
- Hard working, quick learner with a positive ''can do'' attitude
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively
- Excellent organizational, technical, analytical, problem solving skills and attention to detail.
In the United States, the base compensation range for this role is $183,000 - $191,000. Actual compensation may vary based on level, experience, and skillset as assessed in the interview process. Benefits include equity, bonus (if applicable), and other benefits listed on our careers page.