Product Counsel (Remote)
Posted on Friday, February 18, 2022
One in two people experience debilitating back, neck, shoulder, or joint pain — but traditional treatments have failed to meet their needs. Physical therapy can be expensive and hard to access; appointments often involve long commutes and missed work. Making matters worse, unresolved pain can trigger the overuse of opioids and surgeries.
Join us in reimagining healthcare from the ground up. We’re making high-quality care accessible by pairing wearable sensors and computer vision with a world-class clinical team. Hinge Health puts a digital clinic in every member's pocket. Now millions of people can access personalized digital care from a physical therapist, guidance on behavior change from a health coach, and expert consultations with an orthopedic surgeon. With a single app and wearable technology like our Enso device, we’re helping to reduce pain, surgeries, and opioid use.
Work From Anywhere
Hinge Health Employees have the flexibility to work anywhere, within the country they are hired.
About the Role
Hinge Health is looking for a motivated and enthusiastic Legal Counsel to join our team. This role will focus on supporting our clinical, marketing and product teams as they develop and launch innovative new products and services in the healthcare space. This role will also support the commercial legal team helping draft and negotiate contracts and get deals over the finish line. This is a unique opportunity to participate in multiple work streams on the legal team and gain experience in a variety of legal areas. You’ll work closely with other lawyers on our team, as well as in close coordination with the business groups you’ll support, including access to leadership. This role provides a clear path for growth and endless opportunities to learn.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter who loves to learn, and is willing to roll up their sleeves and dive in. We are looking for someone with experience advising healthcare companies on legal and regulatory risks who is also interested in drafting and negotiating contracts, and pitching in in other areas, as the work allows. The ideal candidate has a base set of skills and a hunger and excitement for learning more, honing their existing skill set and growing as an attorney at Hinge Health.
WHAT YOU’LL ACCOMPLISH
- Help ensure success of product and commercial initiatives. Collaborate with product, commercial, and other stakeholders throughout the organization to understand and advise on new products, services, technologies, and processes impacting Hinge Health’s business and customers.
- Advise on client and vendor contracts. Support Hinge Health commercial endeavors by managing contract reviews and contact negotiations, and advising the commercial team on contractual risks, including Medicare compliance.
- Educate internal stakeholders. Keep stakeholders informed of legal and regulatory matters in a manner that is easily digestible for non-experts and ensure a clear understanding of recommendations and guardrails.
- Create resources and generate efficiencies in legal processes. Create and maintain legal resources, guidance documents and trainings to aid internal teams in developing and selling products and services.
- Protect the company from unnecessary risk. Help spot potential issues in company initiatives, think creatively to solve problems, and connect and collaborate with cross functional teams to move initiatives forward.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- J.D. from an ABA accredited law school
- Qualified to practice in at least one US jurisdiction
- 2+ years experience as product counsel or in healthcare contracting and/or legal and regulatory requirements
- Excellent judgment, and ability to balance legal risks with business strategy
- Ability to thrive independently and manage your own time and workload in a fast-paced environment, and can handle ambiguity and shifting priorities with flexibility, patience, and humor.
- Experience both in house in tech and in a nationally recognized law firm is a plus
WHAT YOU'LL LOVE ABOUT US
- Inclusive healthcare and benefits: On top of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage, we offer employees and their family members help with gender-affirming care, tools for family and fertility planning, and travel reimbursements if healthcare isn’t available where you live.
- Planning for the future: Start saving for the future with our traditional or Roth 401k retirement plan options which include a 2% company match.
- Modern life stipends: Manage your own learning and development budget, use the mental health to support therapy costs, and lifestyle stipends to cover your favorite wellness services, and work-from-home equipment.
- Flexible vacation and paid time off: Employees have flexibility to choose when, how, and why they take time off to rest and recharge. Exempt employees can take advantage of our flexible pto program. Nonexempt employees can utilize up to two weeks of sick time and up to 17 days of vacation per year, including mental health days.
- Other compensation: At Hinge Health, we want every employee to be invested and rewarded in the future success of the company. All full-time positions are eligible for equity.
About Hinge Health:
LinkedIn recently named Hinge Health one of the Top 50 Startups. Forbes, Fast Company, and Inc. have also recognized our technology, innovation, and culture.
Since our founding in 2014, we've raised more than $800 million from leading investors, including Coatue and Tiger Global. We work with 1000 customers across every industry and the public sector — including Salesforce, Verizon, and the State of New Jersey — to give more than 23 million people access to the care they need. We’re positioned to continue leading the market with unmatched investments in clinical research, care innovation, machine learning, AI, and computer vision.
Diversity and inclusion:
We’re committed to building diverse teams that reflect the communities we serve. Visit hingehealth.com/diversity-equity-and-inclusion to learn more about what moves us.
Hinge Health is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We make employment decisions without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, pregnancy, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
We provide reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities. If you feel you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, let us know by reaching out to your recruiter.
There continues to be a significant increase in phishing attempts across all industries where fraudsters are impersonating real employees and sending fictitious job offers to applicants in a scheme to obtain sensitive information. Please note that we will never ask for your financial information at any part of the interview process including the post-offer stage, and will only correspond through @hingehealth.com domain email addresses.
If you encounter any suspicious activity, we recommend you cease all communication with the individual and consider reporting them to the US FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center. If you would like to verify the legitimacy of an email you received from our recruiting team, please forward it to email@example.com.
*Please do not send resumes via email*
If you're interested - we'd love to hear from you.
See more open positions at Hinge Health
Something looks off?