Physical Therapist, Flex - Puerto Rico License (Remote)
Posted on Thursday, September 8, 2022
One in two people experience debilitating back, neck, shoulder, or joint pain — but traditional treatments have failed to meet their needs. Physical therapy can be expensive and hard to access; appointments often involve long commutes and missed work. Making matters worse, unresolved pain can trigger the overuse of opioids and surgeries.
Join us in reimagining healthcare from the ground up. We’re making high-quality care accessible by pairing wearable sensors and computer vision with a world-class clinical team. Hinge Health puts a digital clinic in every member's pocket. Now millions of people can access personalized digital care from a physical therapist, guidance on behavior change from a health coach, and expert consultations with an orthopedic surgeon. With a single app and wearable technology like our Enso device, we’re helping to reduce pain, surgeries, and opioid use.
Work From Anywhere
Hinge Health employees have the flexibility to work remotely in hubs across the United States.
About the Role:
We are expanding our team of Physical Therapists and are looking for agile, adaptable clinicians who want to be a part of the next generation of blending Digital Health and Physical Therapy. At Hinge Health, Physical Therapists utilize their clinical expertise and knowledge of pain science to evaluate and treat patients across the MSK spectrum via telehealth. We believe in providing the best patient-centered care by applying the Biopsychosocial model, evidence-informed practice, and innovating thinking with technology to help patients reduce pain and achieve meaningful outcomes.
You thrive in situations requiring you to constantly adapt and evolve. Change is not a scary word to you, and you want to continually improve yourself, your profession, and healthcare as a whole.
You love a flexible schedule and have the ability to work 25-35 hours/week for ~70% of the year, and 40hrs/week for ~30% of the year during peak season. You need to provide availability for the following month at least one month in advance.
You have at least 2 years of clinical physical therapy experience practicing in an outpatient orthopedics setting evaluating and treating a variety of MSK conditions.
Graduate of an accredited Physical Therapy program with a Doctorate of Physical Therapy (DPT)
Licensed to practice Physical Therapy in Puerto Rico. Ability to complete required documentation to secure additional United States state licenses upon receipt of offer, within a timely manner.
Medical proficiency in Spanish (written and verbal, to be validated during interview process)
This is a fully remote position based out of the United States. You must be able to deliver telehealth services in a private, professional space with reliable, strong internet connectivity.
*All applicants must have a professional level of mastery in English
*Please submit resumes & Applications in English.
WHAT YOU’LL ACCOMPLISH
- Evaluate and treats patients remotely utilizing a variety of digital tools to manage care and communicate effectively
- Knowledgeable about biopsychosocial model, patient-centered MSK care, habit formation models, pain neuroscience education, and evidence-informed practice
- Provides high caliber of service resulting in high customer satisfaction and improved clinical outcomes
- Manages patients safely and efficiently given a large and varied caseload
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Telehealth: demonstrates excellent and clear decision making to evaluate, treat, and manage patients across the MSK spectrum utilizing a biopsychosocial model when appropriate
- Effective Patient Management: Manages a large and varied caseload of patients safely and efficiently, utilizing a variety of digital tools to manage care and communicate effectively
- Effective Communication: Able to communicate effectively and clearly, both written and verbally, with patients, colleagues, and other professionals
- Change Agility: highly adaptable to taking on new workflows, processes and challenges within a fast-paced environment by employing critical thinking and creative problem-solving
- Able to work weekend and evenings
- Medical fluency in other languages, verbally and in writing
WHAT YOU'LL LOVE ABOUT US
- Inclusive healthcare and benefits: On top of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage, we offer help with gender-affirming care, tools for family and fertility planning, and travel reimbursements if healthcare isn’t available where you live
- Modern life stipends: Manage your own learning and development budget and use the mental health and lifestyle stipends to cover your favorite wellness services, workout classes, gym subscriptions, and work-from-home equipment
- Paid time off and sick leave: Flex employees accrue up to 17 days of vacation depending on the number of hours worked, and are granted 70 hours of sick time per year
About Hinge Health:
LinkedIn recently named Hinge Health one of the Top 50 Startups. Forbes, Fast Company, and Inc. have also recognized our technology, innovation, and culture.
Since our founding in 2014, we've raised more than $800 million from leading investors, including Coatue and Tiger Global. We work with 1000 customers across every industry and the public sector — including Salesforce, Verizon, and the State of New Jersey — to give more than 23 million people access to the care they need. We’re positioned to continue leading the market with unmatched investments in clinical research, care innovation, machine learning, AI, and computer vision.
Diversity and inclusion:
We’re committed to building diverse teams that reflect the communities we serve. Visit hingehealth.com/diversity-equity-and-inclusion to learn more about what moves us.
Hinge Health is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We make employment decisions without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, pregnancy, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
We provide reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities. If you feel you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, let us know by reaching out to your recruiter.
There continues to be a significant increase in phishing attempts across all industries where fraudsters are impersonating real employees and sending fictitious job offers to applicants in a scheme to obtain sensitive information. Please note that we will never ask for your financial information at any part of the interview process including the post-offer stage, and will only correspond through @hingehealth.com domain email addresses.
If you encounter any suspicious activity, we recommend you cease all communication with the individual and consider reporting them to the US FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center. If you would like to verify the legitimacy of an email you received from our recruiting team, please forward it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Please do not send resumes via email*
If you're interested - we'd love to hear from you.
See more open positions at Hinge Health
Something looks off?