Concierge Physical Therapist, Per Diem
Posted on Tuesday, February 14, 2023
One in two people experience debilitating back, neck, shoulder, or joint pain — but traditional treatments have failed to meet their needs. Physical therapy can be expensive and hard to access; appointments often involve long commutes and missed work. Making matters worse, unresolved pain can trigger the overuse of opioids and surgeries.
Join us in reimagining healthcare from the ground up. We’re making high-quality care accessible by pairing wearable sensors and computer vision with a world-class clinical team. Hinge Health puts a digital clinic in every member's pocket. Now millions of people can access personalized digital care from a physical therapist, guidance on behavior change from a health coach, and expert consultations with an orthopedic surgeon. With a single app and wearable technology like our Enso device, we’re helping to reduce pain, surgeries, and opioid use.
About the Role
Physical therapists are the backbone of the comprehensive clinical care team at Hinge Health. Hinge Health Physical Therapists utilize their clinical expertise and knowledge of pain science to evaluate and treat patients across the MSK spectrum. We believe in providing the best human-centered care by applying the Biopsychosocial model, evidence-informed practice, and innovative technology to help patients reduce their pain and achieve meaningful outcomes. Our physical therapists are on the bleeding edge of delivering MSK care enabled by advanced technology. We are pioneering a hybrid approach through house calls and our digital platform, creating more accessibility and health equity for those in need. Come join us if you are excited to help us define what the future of integrating in-person and digital care looks like!
This is not the traditional home health experience. Think of it as an outpatient clinic evaluation conducted in a patient’s home. Hinge Health Concierge Physical Therapists get to spend 1:1 time with our members, and through our digital platform and tools, improve the lives of many at scale. You will work with a diverse set of members within an innovative team of high performing, inclusive clinicians.
This is a per diem (as needed) role.
DESCRIPTION OF AN IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Flexibility is critical to our Concierge Physical Therapist role!
- You thrive in situations requiring you to constantly adapt and evolve. Change is not a scary word to you, and you want to continually improve yourself, your profession, and healthcare as a whole
- You are comfortable traveling to the patient homes and providing care in various settings
- You are adaptable to offering a flexible work schedule that may include evening and weekend availability
- You love innovating on the patient experience and are excited to build out this new model with us
- You have at least 2 years of clinical physical therapy experience, consisting of 1 year practicing in an outpatient orthopedics setting evaluating and treating a variety of MSK conditions, and 1 year experience providing home-based visits.
- Graduate of an accredited Physical Therapy program with a Doctorate of Physical Therapy (DPT)
- Licensed to practice Physical Therapy in your state
- BLS/CPR Certification
- Valid Driver License with proof of valid automobile insurance and reliable transportation
- You must be based out of the area of Minneapolis, Minnesota and able to travel within your assigned region.
- Concierge PT Per Diem Scheduling policy:
- Provide notice of availability to work 4 shifts per 4 week schedule, at least 4 weeks in advance. One of those shifts must include a weekend shift.
- Additional shift opportunities will be posted as needed outside of the regular scheduling cycle.
WHAT YOU’LL ACCOMPLISH
- Evaluates and treats patients utilizing a variety of validated assessment tools.
- Knowledgeable about biopsychosocial model, patient-centered MSK care, habit formation models, pain neuroscience education, and evidence-informed practice
- Provides high caliber of service resulting in high customer satisfaction and improved clinical outcomes
- Proficient in assisting patients with utilizing the Hinge Health Technology
- Manages patients safely and efficiently in varied environments
- Provide ongoing product feedback to continually improve the patient experience
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Clinical Decision Making: demonstrates excellent and clear decision making to evaluate, treat, and manage patients across the MSK spectrum utilizing a biopsychosocial model when appropriate.
- Effective Patient Management: Manages a large and varied caseload of patients safely and efficiently, utilizing a variety of validated assessment tools to manage care and communicate effectively
- Effective Communication: Able to communicate effectively and clearly, both written and verbally, with patients, colleagues, and other professionals
- Change Agility: highly adaptable to taking on new workflows, processes and challenges within a fast-paced environment by employing critical thinking and creative problem-solving
- Savvy Technical Guidance: able to guide member through troubleshooting digital technologies and successfully adopting digital health programs
- Medical fluency in other languages (to be assessed by competency test)
- Access to a car for transportation (reimbursement provided for mileage per IRS standard rates)
About Hinge Health:
LinkedIn recently named Hinge Health one of the Top 50 Startups. Forbes, Fast Company, and Inc. have also recognized our technology, innovation, and culture.
Since our founding in 2014, we've raised more than $800 million from leading investors, including Coatue and Tiger Global. We work with 1000 customers across every industry and the public sector — including Salesforce, Verizon, and the State of New Jersey — to give more than 23 million people access to the care they need. We’re positioned to continue leading the market with unmatched investments in clinical research, care innovation, machine learning, AI, and computer vision.
Diversity and inclusion:
We’re committed to building diverse teams that reflect the communities we serve. Visit hingehealth.com/diversity-equity-and-inclusion to learn more about what moves us.
Hinge Health is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We make employment decisions without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, pregnancy, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
We provide reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities. If you feel you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, let us know by reaching out to your recruiter.
There continues to be a significant increase in phishing attempts across all industries where fraudsters are impersonating real employees and sending fictitious job offers to applicants in a scheme to obtain sensitive information. Please note that we will never ask for your financial information at any part of the interview process including the post-offer stage, and will only correspond through @hingehealth.com domain email addresses.
If you encounter any suspicious activity, we recommend you cease all communication with the individual and consider reporting them to the US FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center. If you would like to verify the legitimacy of an email you received from our recruiting team, please forward it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Please do not send resumes via email*
If you're interested - we'd love to hear from you.
See more open positions at Hinge Health
Something looks off?