Software Engineer II - Fullstack (Mid-Level)
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Wednesday, February 15, 2023
One in two people experience debilitating back, neck, shoulder, or joint pain — but traditional treatments have failed to meet their needs. Physical therapy can be expensive and hard to access; appointments often involve long commutes and missed work. Making matters worse, unresolved pain can trigger the overuse of opioids and surgeries.
Join us in reimagining healthcare from the ground up. We’re making high-quality care accessible by pairing wearable sensors and computer vision with a world-class clinical team. Hinge Health puts a digital clinic in every member's pocket. Now millions of people can access personalized digital care from a physical therapist, guidance on behavior change from a health coach, and expert consultations with an orthopedic surgeon. With a single app and wearable technology like our Enso device, we’re helping to reduce pain, surgeries, and opioid use.
About the Role
Hinge Health software engineers work on small interdisciplinary teams focused on different parts of the user journey. Full-Stack engineers contribute to their team’s success by building and extending secure, scalable services and exposing clear, well-tested APIs that power beautiful client applications. In addition to contributing to valuable new features, software engineers pay down tech debt, spike on novel solutions, and share responsibility for healthy live site operation.
Our Tech Stack
Nodejs, TypeScript, Nestjs, GraphQL, Docker, React, React Native, Rails, Aptible, AWS, Postgres, Redis, Apollo, and Redux. Our workflow is trunk-based CI/CD.
WHAT YOU’LL ACCOMPLISH
- Every day, you’ll tackle small-grained problems in an Agile red/green/refactor workflow.
- Every sprint, you’ll build, test and deploy complete, meaningful features.
- Every month, you’ll level up a couple skills on the professional development plan you and your manager detailed together.
- Every quarter, you’ll help define the objectives and key results that will shape your team’s roadmap.
- Every so often, you’ll be moved to tears by customer testimonials expressing the profound direct impact your work had on their life.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- 3+ years of software engineering experience with backend/platform preference.
- Delivery: Consistent, on-time, high-quality delivery of fine-grained work
- Domain Expertise: Familiarity with web frameworks like Rails, Typescript, Node, or serverless solutions (Jamstack/FaaS)
- Problem Solving: Track record of resourceful, iterative solutions and deftly reversible decisions.
- Communication: Clear, inclusive communication with both teammates and non-technical partners
- Leadership: A track record of strong ownership, initiative, tenacity, integrity, and humility.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field
- Experience with Rails.
- Experience with AWS.
- Experience with Docker/Kubernetes.
About Hinge Health:
LinkedIn recently named Hinge Health one of the Top 50 Startups. Forbes, Fast Company, and Inc. have also recognized our technology, innovation, and culture.
Since our founding in 2014, we've raised more than $800 million from leading investors, including Coatue and Tiger Global. We work with 1000 customers across every industry and the public sector — including Salesforce, Verizon, and the State of New Jersey — to give more than 23 million people access to the care they need. We’re positioned to continue leading the market with unmatched investments in clinical research, care innovation, machine learning, AI, and computer vision.
Diversity and inclusion:
We’re committed to building diverse teams that reflect the communities we serve. Visit hingehealth.com/diversity-equity-and-inclusion to learn more about what moves us.
Hinge Health is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We make employment decisions without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, pregnancy, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
We provide reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities. If you feel you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, let us know by reaching out to your recruiter.
There continues to be a significant increase in phishing attempts across all industries where fraudsters are impersonating real employees and sending fictitious job offers to applicants in a scheme to obtain sensitive information. Please note that we will never ask for your financial information at any part of the interview process including the post-offer stage, and will only correspond through @hingehealth.com domain email addresses.
If you encounter any suspicious activity, we recommend you cease all communication with the individual and consider reporting them to the US FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center. If you would like to verify the legitimacy of an email you received from our recruiting team, please forward it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Please do not send resumes via email*
If you're interested - we'd love to hear from you.
See more open positions at Hinge Health
Something looks off?