Senior Product Manager, AI
Software Engineering, Product, Data Science
Montreal, QC, Canada
Posted on Tuesday, May 2, 2023
One in two people experience debilitating back, neck, shoulder, or joint pain — but traditional treatments have failed to meet their needs. Physical therapy can be expensive and hard to access; appointments often involve long commutes and missed work. Making matters worse, unresolved pain can trigger the overuse of opioids and surgeries.
Join us in reimagining healthcare from the ground up. We’re making high-quality care accessible by pairing wearable sensors and computer vision with a world-class clinical team. Hinge Health puts a digital clinic in every member's pocket. Now millions of people can access personalized digital care from a physical therapist, guidance on behavior change from a health coach, and expert consultations with an orthopedic surgeon. With a single app and wearable technology like our Enso device, we’re helping to reduce pain, surgeries, and opioid use.
Here at Hinge Health, we welcome all applicants and know a diverse team makes us better and stronger. We look for individuals who embody our leadership principles and we value varied experiences and skill sets. Beyond specific work experience, we also look for unique capabilities and skill sets that are key indicators an applicant will thrive in our fast-paced, frequently evolving environment. If this sounds like the kind of place you’d like to be part of, please apply - we would love to hear from you!
What does Hybrid mean at Hinge Health?
We believe that remote work and in-person work have their own advantages and disadvantages, and want to be able to leverage the best of both worlds. Some roles which require a greater degree of day-to-day collaboration will benefit from more in-person opportunities. That’s why we are encouraging employees near hubs to have in-person engagement and why we plan to localize our hiring strategy for certain teams to grow within designated hubs.
About the Role
At Hinge Health, our mission is to improve the lives of people suffering from musculoskeletal (MSK) conditions by providing innovative digital solutions that deliver effective, personalized, and accessible care. Our goal is to empower individuals to manage their MSK health and reduce pain, improve function, and enhance overall well-being. We believe that combining human expertise with the power of AI can revolutionize the way MSK care is delivered, making it more efficient, effective, and patient-centric. As a Senior Product Manager for AI Products at Hinge Health, you will play a pivotal role in realizing our mission by driving the development and growth of our AI-powered products, and contributing to our vision of transforming MSK care for millions of people worldwide.
We are seeking an experienced and visionary Senior Product Manager to lead the development and management of our AI within our products and for the operation of our company. As a Senior Product Manager, you will play a strategic role in shaping the direction of our AI products, company operational processes, and driving breakthrough innovation in MSK care.
*All applicants must have a professional level of mastery in English
*Please submit resumes & Applications in English.
WHAT YOU’LL ACCOMPLISH
- Product Strategy and Vision: Define and execute the strategic vision and roadmap for our AI products, aligning with the company's overall vision and goals. Conduct market research, scout for new technology ideas, perform competitive analysis, and gather user feedback to identify new opportunities and drive product innovation and service delivery in the MSK care through AI. Provide thought leadership on AI technologies and their applications in healthcare, and drive the integration of AI capabilities into our product offerings and company operational processes.
- Product Development and Execution: Lead the end-to-end product development process, from conceptualization to launch, including defining product requirements, creating user stories, designing prototypes, and collaborating with cross-functional teams to develop and test AI solutions. Drive product development efforts, ensuring timely and high-quality delivery, and meeting the needs of our customers and users.
- Stakeholder Management and Collaboration: Build strong relationships and collaborate closely with software engineers, data scientists, clinicians, and business stakeholders to gather requirements, provide guidance, and ensure successful product development. Work closely with marketing, sales, operations, and customer success teams to drive product adoption, gather customer feedback, and iterate on product features and functionality.
- Product Analytics and Optimization: Establish and track key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure product performance and identify areas for optimization. Utilize data-driven insights to continuously improve product features, usability, and effectiveness in addressing MSK conditions. Drive data-driven decision-making and leverage user feedback to inform product strategy and prioritization.
- Product Evangelism and Thought Leadership: Act as the company’s AI evangelist, internally and externally, by presenting the product vision, strategy, and value proposition to stakeholders, customers, and partners. Represent Hinge Health as a thought leader in the industry, staying up-to-date with the latest trends and advancements in AI and healthcare, and providing strategic guidance on how AI can drive innovation in the MSK care space.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Medical/Scientific field. Advanced degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- Proven track record of at least 7 years of experience as a Product Manager, with a focus on AI, consumer, or healthcare technology products.
- Strong understanding of AI technologies, such as machine learning, data analytics, and natural language processing.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum product development methodologies.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and critical-thinking skills.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
- Ability to think strategically, drive innovation, and lead product initiatives.
- Passion for healthcare innovation and a deep understanding of the musculoskeletal care space.
WHAT YOU'LL LOVE ABOUT US
- Inclusive healthcare and benefits: On top of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage, we offer help with gender-affirming care, tools for family and fertility planning, and travel reimbursements if healthcare isn’t available where you live
- Modern life stipends: Manage your own learning and development budget and use the mental health and lifestyle stipends to cover your favorite wellness services, workout classes, gym subscriptions, and work-from-home equipment
- Paid time off and sick leave: Flex employees accrue up to 17 days of vacation depending on the number of hours worked, and are granted 70 hours of sick time per year
About Hinge Health:
LinkedIn recently named Hinge Health one of the Top 50 Startups. Forbes, Fast Company, and Inc. have also recognized our technology, innovation, and culture.
Since our founding in 2014, we've raised more than $800 million from leading investors, including Coatue and Tiger Global. We work with 1000 customers across every industry and the public sector — including Salesforce, Verizon, and the State of New Jersey — to give more than 23 million people access to the care they need. We’re positioned to continue leading the market with unmatched investments in clinical research, care innovation, machine learning, AI, and computer vision.
Diversity and inclusion:
We’re committed to building diverse teams that reflect the communities we serve. Visit hingehealth.com/diversity-equity-and-inclusion to learn more about what moves us.
Hinge Health is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We make employment decisions without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, pregnancy, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
We provide reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities. If you feel you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, let us know by reaching out to your recruiter.
There continues to be a significant increase in phishing attempts across all industries where fraudsters are impersonating real employees and sending fictitious job offers to applicants in a scheme to obtain sensitive information. Please note that we will never ask for your financial information at any part of the interview process including the post-offer stage, and will only correspond through @hingehealth.com domain email addresses.
If you encounter any suspicious activity, we recommend you cease all communication with the individual and consider reporting them to the US FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center. If you would like to verify the legitimacy of an email you received from our recruiting team, please forward it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Please do not send resumes via email*
If you're interested - we'd love to hear from you.
See more open positions at Hinge Health
Something looks off?