Business Analytics Manager
IT, Sales & Business Development, Data Science
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, July 22, 2023
Hinge Health is creating a new health care system, built around you. Accessible to 26 million members across 1,500 customers, Hinge Health is the #1 digital clinic for joint and muscle pain, delivering superior member outcomes and proven claims reductions. We pair the industry’s most advanced motion technology and wearable pain relief with a complete clinical care team of physical therapists, physicians, and board-certified health coaches to help people move beyond pain and reduce surgeries and opioid use. Hinge Health’s HingeConnect integrates with 1 million+ in-person providers to enable earlier interventions for avoidable MSK surgeries. Four in five health plans and employers with a digital MSK solution trust Hinge Health, including Land O’Lakes, L.L. Bean, Salesforce, Self-Insured Schools of California, Southern Company, State of New Jersey, US Foods, and Verizon. Learn more at http://www.hingehealth.com
Here at Hinge Health, we welcome all applicants and know a diverse team makes us better and stronger. We look for individuals who embody our leadership principles and we value varied experiences and skill sets. Beyond specific work experience, we also look for unique capabilities and skill sets that are key indicators an applicant will thrive in our fast-paced, frequently evolving environment. If this sounds like the kind of place you’d like to be part of, please apply - we would love to hear from you!
Hinge Health Hybrid Model:
We believe that remote work and in-person work have their own advantages and disadvantages, and want to be able to leverage the best of both worlds. Some roles which require a greater degree of day-to-day collaboration will benefit from more in-person opportunities. Employees in Hybrid roles are expected to be in office 1 day/week (Wednesdays) in hub locations that have an office, and may be expanded to 2 days in 2024.
About the Role
Our Data Science and Analytics team’s mission is to deliver accurate data products and actionable insights that enable decision-making and drive business growth. And, in this team, you’ll play a key role leading our BI team and strategy. You will become a thought-partner to key business leaders and will drive the implementation of a self-serve BI platform that satisfies the great majority of their decision-enabling data needs. This is a fantastic opportunity to be a leader in a high-performing team and shape how Hinge Health puts its data to use.
WHAT YOU’LL ACCOMPLISH
- Lead and manage a team of business intelligence analysts across several geographies
- Work closely with commercial teams to identify BI needs, and turn data into insights that support business decisions
- Evaluate our BI tooling, establish a strategy to develop a self-serve BI platform
- Lead a team that designs and develops scalable reports, dashboards, templates, visualizations and scorecards that drive valuable insights for the business
- Collaborate with Analytics Engineering to model the data structures needed for reporting and optimize the BI user experience and data warehouse cost efficiency
- Support training the organization to use self service analytics tools
- Partner with our data science teams to support their BI platform needs
- Support the data catalog rollout by documenting business data definitions
- Document all BI platform assets
- Maintain and ensure data integrity and accuracy
- Establish best practices in terms of processes for data governance to improve data quality and transparency
- Establish operational processes that ensure data accuracy and freshness. Proactively monitor and catch any production data issues
- Create operational processes to support a production BI platform
- Create training materials and conduct training sessions for end users
- Ensure security standards and protocols are upheld with regards to the handling of data
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- BA/BS in Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or related field (or equivalent experience)
- 5+ years of business intelligence and analytics experience
- 3+ years of delivering results managing a business intelligence or analytics team, including employee development and performance management experience
- Expert in SQL
- Good understanding of data platforms end-to-end
- Proven history with strategy & roadmap development over enterprise-scale efforts, from inception, roadmap planning, all the way through completion. A focus on overall vision, and a drive to get there is a must
- Expert designing and maintaining reporting platforms with standard toolsets (Looker, Tableau, etc.)
- Expert knowledge of modern data tools (especially Databricks and dbt)
- Ability to collaborate and problem-solve across teams
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Comfortable working with Git and with command line
- Strong communication skills and ability to bridge between business leaders, engineers, and data scientists
- Experience working with an Agile Scrum environment
- Experience working within environments using Jira & Confluence
- Demonstrable experience within Project Management – leading large scale efforts, coordinating with multiple technical & non-technical audiences at varying levels (individual contributor-Executive)
- Experience migrating BI platforms or building them from the ground up
- Prior experience with healthcare data (PHI/PII/HIPAA)
- Prior experience working with Databricks
WHAT YOU'LL LOVE ABOUT US
- Inclusive healthcare and benefits: On top of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage, we offer employees and their family members help with gender-affirming care, tools for family and fertility planning, and travel reimbursements if healthcare isn’t available where you live.
- Planning for the future: Start saving for the future with our traditional or Roth 401k retirement plan options which include a 2% company match.
- Modern life stipends: Manage your own learning and development budget, use the mental health to support therapy costs, and lifestyle stipends to cover your favorite wellness services, and work-from-home equipment.
- Flexible vacation and paid time off: Employees have flexibility to choose when, how, and why they take time off to rest and recharge. Exempt employees can take advantage of our flexible pto program. Nonexempt employees can utilize up to two weeks of sick time and up to 17 days of vacation per year, including mental health days.
- In Office Perks: Daily lunch, coffee/tea and office snacks, and weekly social hours.
- Other compensation: At Hinge Health, we want every employee to be invested and rewarded in the future success of the company. All full-time positions are eligible for equity.
About Hinge Health:
LinkedIn recently named Hinge Health one of the Top 50 Startups. Forbes, Fast Company, and Inc. have also recognized our technology, innovation, and culture.
Since our founding in 2014, we've raised more than $800 million from leading investors, including Coatue and Tiger Global. We work with 1000 customers across every industry and the public sector — including Salesforce, Verizon, and the State of New Jersey — to give more than 23 million people access to the care they need. We’re positioned to continue leading the market with unmatched investments in clinical research, care innovation, machine learning, AI, and computer vision.
Diversity and Inclusion:
We’re committed to building diverse teams that reflect the communities we serve. Visit hingehealth.com/diversity-equity-and-inclusion to learn more about what moves us.
Hinge Health is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We make employment decisions without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, pregnancy, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
We provide reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities. If you feel you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, let us know by reaching out to your recruiter.
By providing your information through this page or applying for a job at Hinge Health, you acknowledge that Hinge Health will collect, use, and process your information as part of our job application process. For more information on how Hinge Health processes your personal information, click here to view our Applicant and Personnel Privacy Notice.
There continues to be a significant increase in phishing attempts across all industries where fraudsters are impersonating real employees and sending fictitious job offers to applicants in a scheme to obtain sensitive information. Please note that we will never ask for your financial information at any part of the interview process including the post-offer stage, and will only correspond through @hingehealth.com domain email addresses.
If you encounter any suspicious activity, we recommend you cease all communication with the individual and consider reporting them to the U.S. FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center. If you would like to verify the legitimacy of an email you received from our recruiting team, please forward it to firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please do not send resumes via email*