Staff Data Engineer
Software Engineering, Data Science
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Thursday, August 3, 2023
Hinge Health is creating a new health care system, built around you. Accessible to 26 million members across 1,500 customers, Hinge Health is the #1 digital clinic for joint and muscle pain, delivering superior member outcomes and proven claims reductions. We pair the industry’s most advanced motion technology and wearable pain relief with a complete clinical care team of physical therapists, physicians, and board-certified health coaches to help people move beyond pain and reduce surgeries and opioid use. Hinge Health’s HingeConnect integrates with 1 million+ in-person providers to enable earlier interventions for avoidable MSK surgeries. Four in five health plans and employers with a digital MSK solution trust Hinge Health, including Land O’Lakes, L.L. Bean, Salesforce, Self-Insured Schools of California, Southern Company, State of New Jersey, US Foods, and Verizon. Learn more at http://www.hingehealth.com.
Here at Hinge Health, we welcome all applicants and know a diverse team makes us better and stronger. We look for individuals who embody our leadership principles and we value varied experiences and skill sets. Beyond specific work experience, we also look for unique capabilities and skill sets that are key indicators an applicant will thrive in our fast-paced, frequently evolving environment. If this sounds like the kind of place you’d like to be part of, please apply - we would love to hear from you!
Hinge Health Hybrid Model:
We believe that remote work and in-person work have their own advantages and disadvantages, and we want to be able to leverage the best of both worlds. Employees are expected to be in office 2 days/week (Mondays and Tuesdays).
About the Role:
Data engineers at Hinge Health are software engineers with expertise in data pipelines, OLTP and data warehouse schema design, data governance, ETL, RDBMS and NoSQL systems. Data engineers are hands-on, building self-service tools and automation that enable application engineers and data analysts to manage, maintain, and secure their data systems with autonomy while adhering to best practices in a HIPAA environment. The ideal candidate thrives in a highly collaborative, cross functional environment.
Our tech stack is Python, SQL, Airflow, PostgreSQL, MySQL, REST, Aptible, Docker, Tonic.ai, Terraform, Spark, Kafka, Fivetran, Databricks, AWS (S3, Lambda, Kinesis, RDS, Glue). Our workflow is trunk-based CI/CD, and our security/compliance posture is at the highest standards of healthcare, including HIPAA, HITRUST, SOC 2, CCPA.
WHAT YOU’LL ACCOMPLISH
- Create compliance strategies (HIPAA, GDPR, CCPA), tooling, processes, and coaching that enables service and application teams to take full ownership of their data in a growing organization
- Architect and build data pipelines and data aggregation systems to deliver quality real-time and batch analytical reports
- Participate in hiring and mentoring of team members
- Assist and coach teams to optimize poorly performing data pipelines
- Work with the SRE team to establish best practices around database monitoring, alerting, and availability
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- 10+ years of software engineering experience, 6+ in data engineering
- Mastery of SQL and Python
- Solid background in processing and storing large scale data using distributed systems as well as a mastery of database designs and data warehousing
- Good understanding of a broad spectrum of data stores like PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB, Redis, Snowflake and Redshift
- Experience building data pipelines using Spark, Kafka, Airflow
- Knowledge of software engineering best-practice development (e.g., linting, testing)
- Ability to collaborate and problem-solve across teams
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent technical degree or equivalent experience
- Experience building data infrastructure on AWS
- Prior DBA experience
- Prior experience with healthcare data (PHI/PII/HIPAA)
- Prior experience working with Kubernetes
- Extensive NoSQL knowledge
About Hinge Health:
LinkedIn recently named Hinge Health one of the Top 50 Startups. Forbes, Fast Company, and Inc. have also recognized our technology, innovation, and culture.
Since our founding in 2014, we've raised more than $800 million from leading investors, including Coatue and Tiger Global. We work with 1000 customers across every industry and the public sector — including Salesforce, Verizon, and the State of New Jersey — to give more than 23 million people access to the care they need. We’re positioned to continue leading the market with unmatched investments in clinical research, care innovation, machine learning, AI, and computer vision.
Diversity and Inclusion:
We’re committed to building diverse teams that reflect the communities we serve. Visit hingehealth.com/diversity-equity-and-inclusion to learn more about what moves us.
Hinge Health is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We make employment decisions without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, pregnancy, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
We provide reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities. If you feel you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, let us know by reaching out to your recruiter.
By providing your information through this page or applying for a job at Hinge Health, you acknowledge that Hinge Health will collect, use, and process your information as part of our job application process. For more information on how Hinge Health processes your personal information, click here to view our Applicant and Personnel Privacy Notice.
There continues to be a significant increase in phishing attempts across all industries where fraudsters are impersonating real employees and sending fictitious job offers to applicants in a scheme to obtain sensitive information. Please note that we will never ask for your financial information at any part of the interview process including the post-offer stage, and will only correspond through @hingehealth.com domain email addresses.
If you encounter any suspicious activity, we recommend you cease all communication with the individual and consider reporting them to the U.S. FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center. If you would like to verify the legitimacy of an email you received from our recruiting team, please forward it to email@example.com
*Please do not send resumes via email*