Senior Software Engineering Manager
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Thursday, October 5, 2023
Hinge Health is creating a new health care system, built around you. Accessible to 26 million members across 1,500 customers, Hinge Health is the #1 digital clinic for joint and muscle pain, delivering superior member outcomes and proven claims reductions. We pair the industry’s most advanced motion technology and wearable pain relief with a complete clinical care team of physical therapists, physicians, and board-certified health coaches to help people move beyond pain and reduce surgeries and opioid use. Hinge Health’s HingeConnect integrates with 1 million+ in-person providers to enable earlier interventions for avoidable MSK surgeries. Four in five health plans and employers with a digital MSK solution trust Hinge Health, including Land O’Lakes, L.L. Bean, Salesforce, Self-Insured Schools of California, Southern Company, State of New Jersey, US Foods, and Verizon. Learn more at http://www.hingehealth.com
Here at Hinge Health, we welcome all applicants and know a diverse team makes us better and stronger. We look for individuals who embody our leadership principles and we value varied experiences and skill sets. Beyond specific work experience, we also look for unique capabilities and skill sets that are key indicators an applicant will thrive in our fast-paced, frequently evolving environment. If this sounds like the kind of place you’d like to be part of, please apply - we would love to hear from you!
Hinge Health Hybrid Model
We believe that remote work and in-person work have their own advantages and disadvantages, and we want to be able to leverage the best of both worlds. Employees are expected to be in office 2 days/week (Mondays and Tuesdays).
About the role
As a Senior Engineering Manager for Growth, you will support 2 teams of engineers (roughly 17 engineers in total). One team will be focused on building and maintaining the marketing data infrastructure that enables Hinge Health’s Growth marketing teams; connecting and engaging eligible members with the world's most effective treatment for chronic pain. The second team will be responsible for maintaining and improving Hinge Health’s public-facing website, which serves as the front door for both our clients and our members.
Along the way, you’ll hire, coach, and accelerate individual growth. You’ll guide your team toward the right metrics and feedback loops to empower its continuous improvement. Your strong technical background will inform your intuitions and Socratic questions throughout the Agile workflow, but you will rarely (if ever) contribute code directly to your team’s projects.
To make sure there’s always just-enough valuable, shovel-ready work, you will work closely with stakeholders to prioritize the team backlog and establish goals for each sprint. To support their team’s continuous improvement, you will measure what matters most and lead blameless retros that convert insights into action.
We enjoy a continuous deployment DevOps culture, and take owner-operator pride in supporting our code in production with an on-call rotation. Rotations vary by team.
Our production systems rely on React Native, React, Node.js, Typescript, NestJS, GraphQL, Docker, Rails, AWS, Postgres, Redis and Redux. Our workflow is trunk-based CI/CD, and our security/compliance posture is at the highest standards of healthcare, including HIPAA, HITRUST, SOC 2, and CCPA.
WHAT YOU’LL ACCOMPLISH
- Develop and execute a robust, effective roadmap for addressing data management and governance in a HIPAA environment
- Hire, coach and mentor engineers through day-to-day challenges and guide them towards long term professional and technical growth
- Motivate engineers and ensure high performance through constant feedback and identifying areas of improvement. Develop robust, effective plans addressing various technical and resource challenges within the organization.
- Lead organizational initiatives on improving workflow processes and resolving them with practical, lightweight, measurable process
- Maintain a groomed backlog, prioritize sprint stories, and lead sprint retrospectives
- Lead your teams in consistently delivering on a roadmap they collaboratively define
- Scale the team with a strong focus on experience, technical proficiency, and diversity
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent technical degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience leading and managing engineering team(s)
- 2+ years hands-on experience as a data engineer
- Leadership: Track record of ownership for team-scale execution and technical excellence. Experience managing 5+ direct reports at a given time
- Delivery: Strong project management skills to ensure the whole team is on track throughout the sprint and can sustainably deliver high quality work
- Desire to learn, grow, and develop as the company grows
- Domain Expertise: In depth experience building software applications and the ability to propose several routes to accomplish business goals
- Problem Solving: Ability to resolve interpersonal conflicts, and find creative resourcing solutions where others would see zero-sum tradeoffs
- Communication: Clear, inclusive communication with both teammates and non-technical partners
- Experience with Iterable or similar customer messaging/marketing platforms
- Backend experience with technologies such as: Nestjs, Apache Kafka, BullMQ, Garden.io
- Frontend experience with React, Gatsby, Node.js, Netlify, Contentful, AWS
- Expertise in low-latency, highly resilient client-server architecture, including graceful degradation of features in low- or no-bandwidth modes
- Expertise in React ecosystem, Node.js, Python
About Hinge Health:
LinkedIn recently named Hinge Health one of the Top 50 Startups. Forbes, Fast Company, and Inc. have also recognized our technology, innovation, and culture.
Since our founding in 2014, we've raised more than $800 million from leading investors, including Coatue and Tiger Global. We work with 1000 customers across every industry and the public sector — including Salesforce, Verizon, and the State of New Jersey — to give more than 23 million people access to the care they need. We’re positioned to continue leading the market with unmatched investments in clinical research, care innovation, machine learning, AI, and computer vision.
Diversity and Inclusion:
We’re committed to building diverse teams that reflect the communities we serve. Visit hingehealth.com/diversity-equity-and-inclusion to learn more about what moves us.
Hinge Health is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We make employment decisions without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, pregnancy, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
We provide reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities. If you feel you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, let us know by reaching out to your recruiter.
By providing your information through this page or applying for a job at Hinge Health, you acknowledge that Hinge Health will collect, use, and process your information as part of our job application process. For more information on how Hinge Health processes your personal information, click here to view our Applicant and Personnel Privacy Notice.
There continues to be a significant increase in phishing attempts across all industries where fraudsters are impersonating real employees and sending fictitious job offers to applicants in a scheme to obtain sensitive information. Please note that we will never ask for your financial information at any part of the interview process including the post-offer stage, and will only correspond through @hingehealth.com domain email addresses.
If you encounter any suspicious activity, we recommend you cease all communication with the individual and consider reporting them to the U.S. FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center. If you would like to verify the legitimacy of an email you received from our recruiting team, please forward it to firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please do not send resumes via email*