Staff Quality Engineer
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Friday, October 6, 2023
Hinge Health is creating a new health care system, built around you. Accessible to 26 million members across 1,500 customers, Hinge Health is the #1 digital clinic for joint and muscle pain, delivering superior member outcomes and proven claims reductions. We pair the industry’s most advanced motion technology and wearable pain relief with a complete clinical care team of physical therapists, physicians, and board-certified health coaches to help people move beyond pain and reduce surgeries and opioid use. Hinge Health’s HingeConnect integrates with 1 million+ in-person providers to enable earlier interventions for avoidable MSK surgeries. Four in five health plans and employers with a digital MSK solution trust Hinge Health, including Land O’Lakes, L.L. Bean, Salesforce, Self-Insured Schools of California, Southern Company, State of New Jersey, US Foods, and Verizon. Learn more athttp://www.hingehealth.com.
Here at Hinge Health, we welcome all applicants and know a diverse team makes us better and stronger. We look for individuals who embody our leadership principles and we value varied experiences and skill sets. Beyond specific work experience, we also look for unique capabilities and skill sets that are key indicators an applicant will thrive in our fast-paced, frequently evolving environment. If this sounds like the kind of place you’d like to be part of, please apply - we would love to hear from you!
We believe that remote work and in-person work have their own advantages and disadvantages, and we want to be able to leverage the best of both worlds. Employees are expected to be in office 2 days/week (Mondays and Tuesdays).
Hinge Health engineers work on small interdisciplinary teams focused on different parts of the user journey. Quality engineers collaborate with pod mates to measure and raise the quality, reliability and maintainability of new and existing features. Senior quality engineers write automated tests, perform testing of frontend and backend tickets, create well-written bug tickets, ensure there are test plans defined for features, and mentor engineers on quality practices and skills.
Our tech stack: Aptible, AWS, GraphQL, Postgres, Rails, React, ReactNative, Redis, Redux, Node and Typescript. Our workflow is trunk-based CI/CD. We deploy iOS and Android updates to users every two weeks. Our security/compliance posture is at the highest standards of healthcare, including HIPAA, HITRUST, SOC 2, CCPA.
Our automated testing frameworks: Appium (mobile), jest, mockserver, and Cypress. Tools: Github, SonarQube, Jira.
WHAT YOU’LL ACCOMPLISH
- Create thoughtful test strategies for a major cross platform or cross functional set of features that include multiple engineering teams and front-end and back-end technologies.
- Ensure that each feature includes key user flows, release criteria, covers non-functional testing, automation, etc. which give each contributing pod a backlog of quality work.
- Write and maintain automated API integration and UI end-to-end tests that are effective and reliable
- Influence product and engineering leaders to adopt quality best practices and processes that have a measurable impact on end-user quality
- Coordinate user experience end-to-end testing among other Quality Engineers and developers to ensure all scenarios have been tested
- Work with your pod to define exhaustive acceptance criteria and test user stories and get to the last “Done” state
- When necessary, perform manual release testing
- Find defects before they reach customers and file clear bug reports
- Mentor peers on the quality and engineering teams. Share your expertise with engineers in your pod(s) and in Engineering to ensure they’re equipped to write high quality automated tests for the betterment of our products.
- Participate in the hiring process as a key contributor to the final decision of senior positions
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Delivery: Ability to work alongside a cross-functional team to ensure the quality of each feature and sprint deliverables. Creates thorough test plans for complex features which could span multiple pods. In addition to performing hands on testing and test automation, you use your domain expertise and collaboration skills to support the pod in continuing to focus on quality throughout the sprint.
- 8+ years experience as a Quality Engineer
- Domain Expertise: Experience with test automation, performance and load testing, and manual testing. Strong engineering skills with the ability to troubleshoot (and fix) small bugs. Constantly seeking to improve your technical abilities.
- Problem Solving: Create resourceful solutions to optimize quality and reduce hands-on time by team within business constraints. Identify ways to automate and test which find bugs that will be fixed before code reaches the customer.
- Communication: Succinct, respectful, active listening, strong comprehension, and the ability to write detailed test plans, bugs and Jira tickets.
- Data-driven: uses customer impact and data to positively influence process, testing and priority decisions such as which bugs to fix and which tests to automate
- Leadership: Takes ownership of the quality of the features the pod is shipping. Advocates and educates the engineers to level up their own expertise and focus on quality. Uses dashboards and data to identify quality gaps and works with the pod to address them.
- A bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field
About Hinge Health:
LinkedIn recently named Hinge Health one of the Top 50 Startups. Forbes, Fast Company, and Inc. have also recognized our technology, innovation, and culture.
Since our founding in 2014, we've raised more than $800 million from leading investors, including Coatue and Tiger Global. We work with 1000 customers across every industry and the public sector — including Salesforce, Verizon, and the State of New Jersey — to give more than 23 million people access to the care they need. We’re positioned to continue leading the market with unmatched investments in clinical research, care innovation, machine learning, AI, and computer vision.
Diversity and Inclusion:
We’re committed to building diverse teams that reflect the communities we serve. Visit hingehealth.com/diversity-equity-and-inclusion to learn more about what moves us.
Hinge Health is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We make employment decisions without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, pregnancy, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
We provide reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities. If you feel you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, let us know by reaching out to your recruiter.
By providing your information through this page or applying for a job at Hinge Health, you acknowledge that Hinge Health will collect, use, and process your information as part of our job application process. For more information on how Hinge Health processes your personal information, click here to view our Applicant and Personnel Privacy Notice.
There continues to be a significant increase in phishing attempts across all industries where fraudsters are impersonating real employees and sending fictitious job offers to applicants in a scheme to obtain sensitive information. Please note that we will never ask for your financial information at any part of the interview process including the post-offer stage, and will only correspond through @hingehealth.com domain email addresses.
If you encounter any suspicious activity, we recommend you cease all communication with the individual and consider reporting them to the U.S. FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center. If you would like to verify the legitimacy of an email you received from our recruiting team, please forward it to firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please do not send resumes via email*