Senior Site Reliability Engineer (SRE)
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Thursday, October 12, 2023
Hinge Health is creating a new health care system, built around you. Accessible to 26 million members across 1,500 customers, Hinge Health is the #1 digital clinic for joint and muscle pain, delivering superior member outcomes and proven claims reductions. We pair the industry’s most advanced motion technology and wearable pain relief with a complete clinical care team of physical therapists, physicians, and board-certified health coaches to help people move beyond pain and reduce surgeries and opioid use. Hinge Health’s HingeConnect integrates with 1 million+ in-person providers to enable earlier interventions for avoidable MSK surgeries. Four in five health plans and employers with a digital MSK solution trust Hinge Health, including Land O’Lakes, L.L. Bean, Salesforce, Self-Insured Schools of California, Southern Company, State of New Jersey, US Foods, and Verizon. Learn more at http://www.hingehealth.com.
Here at Hinge Health, we welcome all applicants and know a diverse team makes us better and stronger. We look for individuals who embody our leadership principles and we value varied experiences and skill sets. Beyond specific work experience, we also look for unique capabilities and skill sets that are key indicators an applicant will thrive in our fast-paced, frequently evolving environment. If this sounds like the kind of place you’d like to be part of, please apply - we would love to hear from you!
Hinge Health Hybrid Model
We believe that remote work and in-person work have their own advantages and disadvantages, and we want to be able to leverage the best of both worlds. Employees are expected to be in office 2 days/week (Mondays and Tuesdays).
About the Role
Site Reliability Engineers at Hinge Health are software engineers assuming the responsibility for all operational aspects of the Hinge Health runtime platform, including automation for self-service provisioning and configuring environments, containers, logging, monitoring, alerting, and relevant compliance and security automation associated with the platform. The ideal candidate thrives in a highly collaborative, cross functional environment.
THINGS YOU’LL ACCOMPLISH (OUTCOMES)
- Enable others by creating automation, tools, and collaborative workflow processes for engineers to ramp up new capabilities
- Contribute to platform, networking and infrastructure configuration and deployment
- Ensure all systems are appropriately auditable, with automation for supplying evidence
- Enhance and automate failover capability and resiliency to fault conditions
- Implement exhaustive testing, logging and monitoring with relevant alerting
- Actively manage risk and prioritize vital infrastructure work
- Assist with automating continuous integration and continuous delivery systems
- Aid with automated system-wide testing efforts (smoke testing)
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR (COMPETENCIES)
- 2 years of SRE-focused projects involving process automation, systems administration, and/or general SRE activities
- 2 years of experience working with Terraform
- 2 years of experience architecting infrastructure in Amazon Web Services including automating the provisioning, deployment, and scaling of AWS resources using tools such as Terraform.
- Excellent IP networking fundamentals
- Experience defining and implementing best practices for AWS architecture, including security, performance, and cost optimization.
- Programming expertise with a high-level language such as Python
- Experience with production Docker-based software deployments
- Ability to collaborate and problem solve across teams
- Work on projects and respond to escalations simultaneously
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Prior experience with healthcare data (PHI/PII/HIPAA requirements)
- Experience developing software in Ruby on Rails or Node-based applications
- Prior experience with PKI and/or cybersecurity
THINGS YOU’LL LOVE ABOUT US:
- Competitive compensation with meaningful stock options
- Medical, dental, vision
- 401K match
- 3 months paid parental leave
- Daily lunch
- Professional development budget
- Monthly fitness/gym reimbursement
- Annual mental wellness benefit
- Noise-canceling headphones
- Work from home policy
- Opportunity to join a fantastically talented, diverse, and passionate team at a pivotal time in the company’s lifecycle
About Hinge Health:
LinkedIn recently named Hinge Health one of the Top 50 Startups. Forbes, Fast Company, and Inc. have also recognized our technology, innovation, and culture.
Since our founding in 2014, we've raised more than $800 million from leading investors, including Coatue and Tiger Global. We work with 1000 customers across every industry and the public sector — including Salesforce, Verizon, and the State of New Jersey — to give more than 23 million people access to the care they need. We’re positioned to continue leading the market with unmatched investments in clinical research, care innovation, machine learning, AI, and computer vision.
Diversity and Inclusion:
We’re committed to building diverse teams that reflect the communities we serve. Visit hingehealth.com/diversity-equity-and-inclusion to learn more about what moves us.
Hinge Health is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We make employment decisions without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, pregnancy, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
We provide reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities. If you feel you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, let us know by reaching out to your recruiter.
By providing your information through this page or applying for a job at Hinge Health, you acknowledge that Hinge Health will collect, use, and process your information as part of our job application process. For more information on how Hinge Health processes your personal information, click here to view our Applicant and Personnel Privacy Notice.
There continues to be a significant increase in phishing attempts across all industries where fraudsters are impersonating real employees and sending fictitious job offers to applicants in a scheme to obtain sensitive information. Please note that we will never ask for your financial information at any part of the interview process including the post-offer stage, and will only correspond through @hingehealth.com domain email addresses.
If you encounter any suspicious activity, we recommend you cease all communication with the individual and consider reporting them to the U.S. FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center. If you would like to verify the legitimacy of an email you received from our recruiting team, please forward it to email@example.com
*Please do not send resumes via email*