Lead Product Designer, Design Systems
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Wednesday, November 1, 2023
One in two people experience debilitating back, neck, shoulder, or joint pain — but traditional treatments have failed to meet their needs. Physical therapy can be expensive and hard to access; appointments often involve long commutes and missed work. Making matters worse, unresolved pain can trigger the overuse of opioids and surgeries.
Join us in reimagining healthcare from the ground up. We’re making high-quality care accessible by pairing wearable sensors and computer vision with a world-class clinical team. Hinge Health puts a digital clinic in every member's pocket. Now millions of people can access personalized digital care from a physical therapist, guidance on behavior change from a health coach, and expert consultations with an orthopedic surgeon. With a single app and wearable technology like our Enso device, we’re helping to reduce pain, surgeries, and opioid use.
Here at Hinge Health, we welcome all applicants and know a diverse team makes us better and stronger. We look for individuals who embody our leadership principles and we value varied experiences and skill sets. Beyond specific work experience, we also look for unique capabilities and skill sets that are key indicators an applicant will thrive in our fast-paced, frequently evolving environment. If this sounds like the kind of place you’d like to be part of, please apply - we would love to hear from you!
Hinge Health Hybrid Model
We believe that remote work and in-person work have their own advantages and disadvantages, and we want to be able to leverage the best of both worlds. Employees are expected to be in office 2 days/week (Mondays and Tuesdays).
ABOUT THE ROLE:
We’re looking for a Lead Product Designer for Design Systems to lead the charge building the connective thread that enables product teams to rapidly design and build a consistent user experience and interface across our platform by providing: components, frameworks, documentation, and tooling. This is a position that will have a huge impact on how our brand manifests in our products. As the Design System Lead you will be charged with owning and building a design system and its ongoing curation from the ground up for a rapidly designing team. As well as, bringing practice improvement, thought leadership, creative thinking, and mentorship for less experienced designers.
WHAT YOU’LL ACCOMPLISH
- Strong systems thinking & documentation: A lead product designer, design systems should be able to break down UI into its component parts, document them, and articulate when and when not to use each of them for other designers and engineers
- Governance: A lead product designer, design systems should have a strong point of view of the measurement of success of the system and how to curate contributions across multiple designers and engineering teams.
- Strong design skills: A lead product designer, design systems should have excellent design skills with a solid understanding of design principles, typography, color theory, layout, and visual hierarchy.
- Visual communication: A lead product designer, design systems should be able to communicate complex ideas and design concepts effectively through visuals.
- Attention to detail: A lead product designer, design systems should have excellent attention to detail, ensuring that all design elements are consistent and aligned with the product's overall design vision.
- Adaptability: Ability to adapt to changing design requirements and pivot quickly when necessary.
- WHAT YOU’ LL ACCOMPLISH IN YOUR FIRST YEAR:
- Build strong relationships with their and partner teams.
- Build deep expertise in the platform.
- Prioritize projects according to importance and impact.
- Provide feedback and help improve design processes.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- 8-10+ years of product/service design experience
- A portfolio demonstrating: shipment of multiple products successfully; strong expertise in applying interaction design patterns to solve complex workflows, as well as in visual design, information hierarchy, layout, composition, and typography
- Experience working on complex tools people use daily to get their work done (CRM, medical records, productivity tools, etc)
- Expert understanding of visual systems and practices, including layout, iconography, typography and have a curiosity and eye for pushing visual design in interfaces forward
- Experience in leading product design from opportunity development, to concept, to shipment
- Strong facilitations skills leading groups through idea generation and decision making processes
- Proven ability to communicate deep design thinking at all levels of the organization
- Strong prototyping experience at multiple levels of fidelity and helping elevate prototyping quality and utilization across your teams in the past
- The ability to design and document user flows and design components at a system level
- Familiarity user research practices and ability translate insights into actions
- Bachelor's or master's degree in interaction design, industrial design, product design, service design, human-computer interaction, or equivalent experience
- Experience building and working with design systems across multiple modalities (web, mobile, tablet, etc), and ability to extend them to scale products in new and bold directions
- Healthcare or Fintech experience
- Operational mindset: knowing not everything is software and sometimes process changes are the right solution
About Hinge Health:
LinkedIn recently named Hinge Health one of the Top 50 Startups. Forbes, Fast Company, and Inc. have also recognized our technology, innovation, and culture.
Since our founding in 2014, we've raised more than $800 million from leading investors, including Coatue and Tiger Global. We work with 1000 customers across every industry and the public sector — including Salesforce, Verizon, and the State of New Jersey — to give more than 23 million people access to the care they need. We’re positioned to continue leading the market with unmatched investments in clinical research, care innovation, machine learning, AI, and computer vision.
Diversity and Inclusion:
We’re committed to building diverse teams that reflect the communities we serve. Visit hingehealth.com/diversity-equity-and-inclusion to learn more about what moves us.
Hinge Health is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We make employment decisions without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, pregnancy, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
We provide reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities. If you feel you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, let us know by reaching out to your recruiter.
By providing your information through this page or applying for a job at Hinge Health, you acknowledge that Hinge Health will collect, use, and process your information as part of our job application process. For more information on how Hinge Health processes your personal information, click here to view our Applicant and Personnel Privacy Notice.
There continues to be a significant increase in phishing attempts across all industries where fraudsters are impersonating real employees and sending fictitious job offers to applicants in a scheme to obtain sensitive information. Please note that we will never ask for your financial information at any part of the interview process including the post-offer stage, and will only correspond through @hingehealth.com domain email addresses.
If you encounter any suspicious activity, we recommend you cease all communication with the individual and consider reporting them to the U.S. FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center. If you would like to verify the legitimacy of an email you received from our recruiting team, please forward it to email@example.com
*Please do not send resumes via email*