High Risk Coach
Posted on Thursday, November 9, 2023
Hinge Health is creating a new health care system, built around you. Accessible to 26 million members across 1,500 customers, Hinge Health is the #1 digital clinic for joint and muscle pain, delivering superior member outcomes and proven claims reductions. We pair the industry’s most advanced motion technology and wearable pain relief with a complete clinical care team of physical therapists, physicians, and board-certified health coaches to help people move beyond pain and reduce surgeries and opioid use. Hinge Health’s HingeConnect integrates with 1 million+ in-person providers to enable earlier interventions for avoidable MSK surgeries. Four in five health plans and employers with a digital MSK solution trust Hinge Health, including Land O’Lakes, L.L. Bean, Salesforce, Self-Insured Schools of California, Southern Company, State of New Jersey, US Foods, and Verizon. Learn more at http://www.hingehealth.com.
Work From Anywhere
For this position the individual has the flexibility to work anywhere, within the US.
About the Role
Our High Risk Coaching team is expanding and is looking for experienced coaches that can provide top of license care in an innovative environment. We are looking for experienced coaches to help define the coaching approach for our high risk member population. This role will be an evolving one, providing high-touch care to our most high risk members, and help inform the coaching approach and workflow that best enables this team to support these members. Coaches who accept this role will work with a dedicated team of High Risk coaches led by a specialized High Risk manager.
Along with several requirements (see below), the right candidate for the role is highly adaptable, collaborative, and comfortable coaching members with complex health histories. The High Risk coach understands their scope as a coach, knowing when to defer to the Clinical Team or refer out.. In an evolving area of our product, we are looking for candidates who are not only open to change, but embrace it. This coach is a team player who works to share knowledge, not withhold it, and has demonstrated experience collaborating or innovating with a team at a coaching org level or cross-functionally. Hinge Health High Risk Coaches are required to abide by internal processes, adjust to and meet key performance indicators, invest in their professional development, and participate in the company's growth initiatives. Each High Risk Coach is placed on a team of 10-15 coaches with varying skills and seniority. Coaches are expected to work collaboratively to put theory into practice with a shared goal to improve the health and wellbeing of our clients’ employees. They know how to develop a coaching relationship, practice deep empathy, build trust, and partner with members to co-create their goals.
Description of an ideal candidate
The High Risk Coach sits within the Member Success Team and has a specific focus on supporting High Risk members. Coaches will focus first and foremost on creating a personalized member experience by utilizing their NBC-HWC certification or NBHWC training, care team coordination, and Hinge Health technology. This team member will elevate learnings within the High Risk team to further the development of the program. At the same time, coaches will be engaged participants in experimentation and implementation of learnings.
WHAT YOU’LL ACCOMPLISH
- Manage a caseload of high risk members. Create a safe coaching environment in order to build relationships and trust to co-create a member’s action plan and re-calibrate at appropriate times.
- Maintain high quality care and service that creates positive outcomes and member experiences.
- Partner with the High Risk team to provide a high touch member experience, focused on our most clinically complex members. Serve as a thought-partner, closely collaborating with the High Risk coaches and managers to enhance the coaching experience.
- Support the continued development of the High Risk Member experience by engaging in a consistent feedback loop with interdepartmental stakeholders.
- Participate in project work beyond coaching work and collaborate with other stakeholders interdepartmentally.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Organized and adaptable: Able to efficiently manage day to day workflows and adjust as workflows and processes evolve.
- Learn-it-All mindset: Open to feedback, welcome contrary opinions, and continue to challenge themselves to get better every day. This includes striving to be a subject matter expert and pursue Professional Development opportunities that are in alignment with member needs.
- Passion for our mission of supporting individuals with chronic pain to find relief. Personal connection and/or experience with mission-driven work.
- Change Agile: Embraces the opportunity to ask questions, get clarity and thrives in a fast paced, continually changing environment. Adjusts positively and remains productive throughout all stages of program development.
- Effective Communicator: Proactively and productively communicates and collaborates with the care team when confronted with uncertain member scenarios or other forms of ambiguity in order to ensure members are supported and processes evolve.
- Comfort with technology and utilizing multiple platforms and programs to accomplish daily work
- Empathetic and non judgemental: You know how hard it can be to change old habits so you never give up on people.
- Required: Active board-certification through National Board of Health and Wellness Coaches (NBHWC). Have at least 1 year experience coaching in a high paced environment with larger caseload in both telephonic and digital coaching.
- Experience working with biopsychosocial models of care.
- Preference given to individuals with:
- Experience or certification in chronic pain coaching.
- Certifications/advanced education in exercise physiology, personal training, or similar fields.
- Prior experience in a healthcare setting, or in a role using medical terminology.
- NBHWC Program completion was through from Wellcoaches, Duke, or Vanderbilt Coach Training Program.
About Hinge Health:
LinkedIn recently named Hinge Health one of the Top 50 Startups. Forbes, Fast Company, and Inc. have also recognized our technology, innovation, and culture.
Since our founding in 2014, we've raised more than $800 million from leading investors, including Coatue and Tiger Global. We work with 1000 customers across every industry and the public sector — including Salesforce, Verizon, and the State of New Jersey — to give more than 23 million people access to the care they need. We’re positioned to continue leading the market with unmatched investments in clinical research, care innovation, machine learning, AI, and computer vision.
Diversity and Inclusion:
We’re committed to building diverse teams that reflect the communities we serve. Visit hingehealth.com/diversity-equity-and-inclusion to learn more about what moves us.
Hinge Health is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We make employment decisions without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, pregnancy, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
We provide reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities. If you feel you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, let us know by reaching out to your recruiter.
By providing your information through this page or applying for a job at Hinge Health, you acknowledge that Hinge Health will collect, use, and process your information as part of our job application process. For more information on how Hinge Health processes your personal information, click here to view our Applicant and Personnel Privacy Notice.
There continues to be a significant increase in phishing attempts across all industries where fraudsters are impersonating real employees and sending fictitious job offers to applicants in a scheme to obtain sensitive information. Please note that we will never ask for your financial information at any part of the interview process including the post-offer stage, and will only correspond through @hingehealth.com domain email addresses.
If you encounter any suspicious activity, we recommend you cease all communication with the individual and consider reporting them to the U.S. FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center. If you would like to verify the legitimacy of an email you received from our recruiting team, please forward it to firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please do not send resumes via email*