Quality Assurance Manager
San Francisco, CA, USA · Portland, OR, USA · Austin, TX, USA · Seattle, WA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, November 14, 2023
Hinge Health is creating a new health care system, built around you. Accessible to 26 million members across 1,500 customers, Hinge Health is the #1 digital clinic for joint and muscle pain, delivering superior member outcomes and proven claims reductions. We pair the industry’s most advanced motion technology and wearable pain relief with a complete clinical care team of physical therapists, physicians, and board-certified health coaches to help people move beyond pain and reduce surgeries and opioid use. Hinge Health’s HingeConnect integrates with 1 million+ in-person providers to enable earlier interventions for avoidable MSK surgeries. Four in five health plans and employers with a digital MSK solution trust Hinge Health, including Land O’Lakes, L.L. Bean, Salesforce, Self-Insured Schools of California, Southern Company, State of New Jersey, US Foods, and Verizon. Learn more at http://www.hingehealth.com
Here at Hinge Health, we welcome all applicants and know a diverse team makes us better and stronger. We look for individuals who embody our leadership principles and we value varied experiences and skill sets. Beyond specific work experience, we also look for unique capabilities and skill sets that are key indicators an applicant will thrive in our fast-paced, frequently evolving environment. If this sounds like the kind of place you’d like to be part of, please apply - we would love to hear from you!
Hinge Health Hybrid Model:
We believe that remote work and in-person work have their own advantages and disadvantages, and want to be able to leverage the best of both worlds. Some roles which require a greater degree of day-to-day collaboration will benefit from more in-person opportunities. Employees in Hybrid roles are expected to be in office 1 day/week (Wednesdays) in hub locations that have an office, and may be expanded to 2 days in 2024.
About the Role
The Quality Assurance Manager will be an essential leader within the Growth Marketing Operations (GROMO) team, who will be responsible for establishing and delivering on high quality standards that enable Hinge Health to deliver against our quality OKRs, ensuring on-time and error-free, client-based and member communications. This individual will play a critical role in the continuous improvement of the GROMO end-to-end operational process, conduct quality audits, drive critical business insights and analytics, and own the quality rating for the Growth team. This role will collaborate closely with members of GROMO, Growth stakeholders, MarTech, and key cross-functional partners. This individual will take accountability for the quality of all consumer-facing communication generated through the Growth Marketing Operations team.
You have relevant e-commerce, retail, or digital marketing quality assurance experience.
You have experience managing teams of QA professionals.
You have experience in Lean/Six Sigma methodologies that continuously focus on waste/errors within the operation and can drive quality program management.
Technical experience is particularly important for this role as our current expertise is light. Individuals with Quality Engineering experience who have been running QE on B2C website platforms have had transferable experience. Retail and automotive that have high turn products seem to be able to relate more to our fast-moving environment.
Individuals who have worked in agencies who are performing QA for multiple clients also have fast-paced experience.
WHAT YOU’LL ACCOMPLISH
- Build a high performing Quality Assurance team: Hire, coach, mentor and lead a diverse team of QA professionals that are empowered to do their best work today and prepare for what’s needed tomorrow. The team will include Quality Assurance Specialist professionals, both domestic and abroad..
- Strategic Leader/Partner: Act as a thought leader and partner across the Growth Marketing Operations team, working with cross-functional stakeholders, including Acquisition, Client Success, Enrollment Marketing and the Onboarding, Retention & Engagement teams to ensure all marketing communications are executed flawlessly.
- Establish Quality Standards: Develop and document standards, aligning them with best practices and compliance requirements, that will define the level of excellence expected from the team. Own the quality OKR.
- Develop Quality Processes and Procedures: Ensure consistent adherence to quality standards enabling efficient and error-free execution. Create workflows and frameworks, define clear roles and responsibilities and identify critical control points throughout the production cycle to ensure QA Specialists and the GROMO teams are set up for success.
- Conduct Quality Audits and Inspections: Regularly evaluate and ensure adherence to quality processes, identify areas for improvement, and mitigate potential risks. Verify legal compliance and internal quality guidelines.
- Implement Corrective and Preventative Actions (CAPAs): Address root causes and prevent reoccurrence of errors. Work across teams to investigate quality incidents, identify underlying causes and implement effective solutions.
- Own Performance Monitoring and Reporting: Track key performance indicators (KPIs), analyze trends and patterns of quality-related data.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- 5-10+ years of experience working as a quality assurance professional with progressive experience to managerial roles over QA professionals preferably in an Agile environment and/or regulated industry
- Demonstrated experience overseeing QA for consumer-facing digital marketing in a high-turn, production environment
- Proven experience successfully managing a Quality Assurance team and/or a Marketing Operations team with QA responsibility with on- and off-shore employee management responsibilities
- Proven ability to think critically and thrive in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment
- Technical skills and comfort with databases, report generation software, ESPs, CMSs
- Understanding of quality assurance processes and standards, as well as, experience with QA testing and validation
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Flexible and team-oriented with excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Quality control certification such as the Six Sigma Quality Control Certification
- Tableau or other data visualization or analytics experience
- Experience with and/or certifications in Iterable, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Marketo or similar ESP
- Experience supporting international hiring initiatives
WHAT YOU'LL LOVE ABOUT US
- Inclusive healthcare and benefits: On top of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage, we offer employees and their family members help with gender-affirming care, tools for family and fertility planning, and travel reimbursements if healthcare isn’t available where you live.
- Planning for the future: Start saving for the future with our traditional or Roth 401k retirement plan options which include a 2% company match.
- Modern life stipends: Manage your own learning and development budget, use the mental health to support therapy costs, and lifestyle stipends to cover your favorite wellness services, and work-from-home equipment.
- Flexible vacation and paid time off: Employees have flexibility to choose when, how, and why they take time off to rest and recharge. Exempt employees can take advantage of our flexible pto program. Nonexempt employees can utilize up to two weeks of sick time and up to 17 days of vacation per year, including mental health days.
- In Office Perks: Daily lunch, coffee/tea and office snacks, and weekly social hours.
- Other compensation: At Hinge Health, we want every employee to be invested and rewarded in the future success of the company. All full-time positions are eligible for equity.
About Hinge Health:
LinkedIn recently named Hinge Health one of the Top 50 Startups. Forbes, Fast Company, and Inc. have also recognized our technology, innovation, and culture.
Since our founding in 2014, we've raised more than $800 million from leading investors, including Coatue and Tiger Global. We work with 1000 customers across every industry and the public sector — including Salesforce, Verizon, and the State of New Jersey — to give more than 23 million people access to the care they need. We’re positioned to continue leading the market with unmatched investments in clinical research, care innovation, machine learning, AI, and computer vision.
Diversity and Inclusion:
We’re committed to building diverse teams that reflect the communities we serve. Visit hingehealth.com/diversity-equity-and-inclusion to learn more about what moves us.
Hinge Health is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We make employment decisions without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, pregnancy, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
We provide reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities. If you feel you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, let us know by reaching out to your recruiter.
By providing your information through this page or applying for a job at Hinge Health, you acknowledge that Hinge Health will collect, use, and process your information as part of our job application process. For more information on how Hinge Health processes your personal information, click here to view our Applicant and Personnel Privacy Notice.
There continues to be a significant increase in phishing attempts across all industries where fraudsters are impersonating real employees and sending fictitious job offers to applicants in a scheme to obtain sensitive information. Please note that we will never ask for your financial information at any part of the interview process including the post-offer stage, and will only correspond through @hingehealth.com domain email addresses.
If you encounter any suspicious activity, we recommend you cease all communication with the individual and consider reporting them to the U.S. FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center. If you would like to verify the legitimacy of an email you received from our recruiting team, please forward it to firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please do not send resumes via email*