Senior Design Systems Engineer
Software Engineering, Design
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Wednesday, November 15, 2023
Hinge Health is creating a new health care system, built around you. Accessible to 26 million members across 1,500 customers, Hinge Health is the #1 digital clinic for joint and muscle pain, delivering superior member outcomes and proven claims reductions. We pair the industry’s most advanced motion technology and wearable pain relief with a complete clinical care team of physical therapists, physicians, and board-certified health coaches to help people move beyond pain and reduce surgeries and opioid use. Hinge Health’s HingeConnect integrates with 1 million+ in-person providers to enable earlier interventions for avoidable MSK surgeries. Four in five health plans and employers with a digital MSK solution trust Hinge Health, including Land O’Lakes, L.L. Bean, Salesforce, Self-Insured Schools of California, Southern Company, State of New Jersey, US Foods, and Verizon. Learn more at http://www.hingehealth.com.
Hinge Health Hybrid Model:
We believe that remote work and in-person work have their own advantages and disadvantages, and we want to be able to leverage the best of both worlds. Employees are expected to be in office 2 days/week (Mondays and Tuesdays).
About the Role
As a software engineer on the Design Systems team, you'll use your knowledge of TypeScript, React, React Native, HTML and CSS to build and improve upon Hinge Health's design system and UI component libraries. We aim for our design system libraries to be:
Aligned between design and code.
Accessible, localized, and performant.
Consistent in look and feel, content, and functionality across the app.
You'll work closely with other engineers and designers within the Design Systems team, as well as with other teams to integrate components into various products, including Hinge Health's core mobile app, customer-facing web products, and other internal tools.
WHAT YOU’LL ACCOMPLISH
- Build new and refactor existing UI components that are modular, extensible, well-tested, and accessible.
- Continuously assess and improve the design system to accommodate the evolving needs of Hinge Health products.
- Write documentation and component examples to help engineers use and integrate components into products.
- Participate in code reviews on contributions to design system libraries.
- Partner with designers to solve design problems at scale.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Experience with React, React Native or React Native Web, as well as HTML and CSS.
- Experience contributing to re-usable UI component libraries.
- Experience with API and library design and implementation, with an emphasis on modularity.
- User experience and design sensibilities.
- Passion for improving the developer experience of engineers utilizing the design system.
- Ability to dig into large product codebases to extract and refactor code into reusable components.
- Familiarity with inclusive design and accessibility best practices.
- Strong cross team collaboration to educate, govern, maintain and evolve the design system library across several teams and project types.
- Experience working with Storybook and React Testing Library.
- Experience with Figma and Zeroheight.
- Experience auditing code for accessibility and performance issues.
- Experience with writing codemods, code automation scripts, or eslint plugins.
- Familiarity with building, publishing, and versioning npm modules.
- Knowledge of mobile and touch-based component development for iOS and Android.
- Strongest attention to detail, DRY code style, and pattern based execution.
About Hinge Health:
LinkedIn recently named Hinge Health one of the Top 50 Startups. Forbes, Fast Company, and Inc. have also recognized our technology, innovation, and culture.
Since our founding in 2014, we've raised more than $800 million from leading investors, including Coatue and Tiger Global. We work with 1000 customers across every industry and the public sector — including Salesforce, Verizon, and the State of New Jersey — to give more than 23 million people access to the care they need. We’re positioned to continue leading the market with unmatched investments in clinical research, care innovation, machine learning, AI, and computer vision.
Diversity and Inclusion:
We’re committed to building diverse teams that reflect the communities we serve. Visit hingehealth.com/diversity-equity-and-inclusion to learn more about what moves us.
Hinge Health is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We make employment decisions without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, pregnancy, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
We provide reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities. If you feel you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, let us know by reaching out to your recruiter.
By providing your information through this page or applying for a job at Hinge Health, you acknowledge that Hinge Health will collect, use, and process your information as part of our job application process. For more information on how Hinge Health processes your personal information, click here to view our Applicant and Personnel Privacy Notice.
There continues to be a significant increase in phishing attempts across all industries where fraudsters are impersonating real employees and sending fictitious job offers to applicants in a scheme to obtain sensitive information. Please note that we will never ask for your financial information at any part of the interview process including the post-offer stage, and will only correspond through @hingehealth.com domain email addresses.
If you encounter any suspicious activity, we recommend you cease all communication with the individual and consider reporting them to the U.S. FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center. If you would like to verify the legitimacy of an email you received from our recruiting team, please forward it to firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please do not send resumes via email*