Senior Benefits Manager
Accounting & Finance
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, December 13, 2023
Hinge Health is moving people beyond pain by transforming the way it is treated and prevented. Connecting people digitally and in-person with expert clinical care, we combine advanced technology, AI and a care team of experts to guide people through personalized care directly from their phone. Our approach is proven to reduce pain by 68%, prevent 42% of new opioid prescriptions, and avoid more than half of joint replacement surgeries. Available to 18M people, Hinge Health is trusted by leading health plans and employers, including Land O’Lakes, L.L. Bean, Salesforce, Self-Insured Schools of California, Southern Company, State of New Jersey, US Foods, and Verizon.
Learn more at http://www.hingehealth.com
Hinge Health Hybrid Model:
We believe that remote work and in-person work have their own advantages and disadvantages, and we want to be able to leverage the best of both worlds. Employees in hybrid roles are required to be in the office 2 days/week. We will be expanding to 3 days/week in the office beginning April of 2024.
About the Role:
This position is responsible for the design and management of all health, welfare, retirement, and wellness programs at Hinge Health. This role is a key strategist and operator within the Total Rewards team to support the company’s mission of creating a great place where employees can do the best work of their careers.
Description of an Ideal Candidate:
Someone who has a deep understanding of benefits design, processes, compliance regulations, and a proven track record in managing various benefits programs, including, health plans, retirement, perks, FSA and other related benefits.
This position will be onsite at our headquarters in San Francisco. Please confirm that you are comfortable working onsite three days per week.
WHAT YOU'LL ACCOMPLISH
- Oversee design, communication and management of all benefit plans, including Medical, Dental, Wellness, Retirement, Disability and Life & AD&D insurance
- Manage benefit vendors and evaluate current plan performance and costs, including risks and opportunities
- Ensure compliance with all applicable country, state and other local laws and regulations
- Develop and deliver benefits training and communications for leaders and employees
- Responds to benefits inquiries from managers and employees on plan provisions, benefits enrollments, status changes and other general inquiries
- Manage the annual benefit programs and open enrollment activities
- Manage all level-of-absence administration, including, medical, personal, disability and FMLA
WHGAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor degree with at least 7+ years of experience in designing and implementing benefit plans, including managing client/vendor relationships
- Ability to toggle between strategic planning, customer focused and hands-on operational excellence
- Experience in a startup culture - comfortable with ambiguity and ability to manage multiple priorities
- International benefit experience a huge plus
WHAT YOU'LL LOVE ABOUT US
- Inclusive healthcare and benefits: On top of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage, we offer employees and their family members help with gender-affirming care, tools for family and fertility planning, and travel reimbursements if healthcare isn’t available where you live.
- Planning for the future: Start saving for the future with our traditional or Roth 401k retirement plan options which include a 2% company match.
- Modern life stipends: Manage your own learning and development
About Hinge Health:
LinkedIn recently named Hinge Health one of the Top 50 Startups. Forbes, Fast Company, and Inc. have also recognized our technology, innovation, and culture.
Since our founding in 2014, we've raised more than $800 million from leading investors, including Coatue and Tiger Global. We work with 1000 customers across every industry and the public sector — including Salesforce, Verizon, and the State of New Jersey — to give more than 23 million people access to the care they need. We’re positioned to continue leading the market with unmatched investments in clinical research, care innovation, machine learning, AI, and computer vision.
Diversity and Inclusion:
We’re committed to building diverse teams that reflect the communities we serve. Visit hingehealth.com/diversity-equity-and-inclusion to learn more about what moves us.
Hinge Health is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We make employment decisions without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, pregnancy, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
We provide reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities. If you feel you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, let us know by reaching out to your recruiter.
By providing your information through this page or applying for a job at Hinge Health, you acknowledge that Hinge Health will collect, use, and process your information as part of our job application process. For more information on how Hinge Health processes your personal information, click here to view our Applicant and Personnel Privacy Notice.
There continues to be a significant increase in phishing attempts across all industries where fraudsters are impersonating real employees and sending fictitious job offers to applicants in a scheme to obtain sensitive information. Please note that we will never ask for your financial information at any part of the interview process including the post-offer stage, and will only correspond through @hingehealth.com domain email addresses.
If you encounter any suspicious activity, we recommend you cease all communication with the individual and consider reporting them to the U.S. FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center. If you would like to verify the legitimacy of an email you received from our recruiting team, please forward it to email@example.com
*Please do not send resumes via email*