Accounting & Finance
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, February 2, 2024
Hinge Health is moving people beyond pain by transforming the way it is treated and prevented. Connecting people digitally and in-person with expert clinical care, we combine advanced technology, AI and a care team of experts to guide people through personalized care directly from their phone. Our approach is proven to reduce pain by 68%, prevent 42% of new opioid prescriptions, and avoid more than half of joint replacement surgeries. Available to 18M people, Hinge Health is trusted by leading health plans and employers, including Land O’Lakes, L.L. Bean, Salesforce, Self-Insured Schools of California, Southern Company, State of New Jersey, US Foods, and Verizon.
Learn more at http://www.hingehealth.com.
Hinge Health Hybrid Model:
We believe that remote work and in-person work have their own advantages and disadvantages, and we want to be able to leverage the best of both worlds. Employees in hybrid roles are required to be in the office 2 days/week. We will be expanding to 3 days/week in the office beginning April of 2024.
About the Role
We’re looking for a Senior Accountant to join our finance team. This role will report to the Accounting Manager and be responsible for operating expense and commission accruals, reconciliations, and provide support and guidance to the Accounts Payable team. In addition to the day to day responsibilities, this role will also participate in a range of highly visible projects to streamline our processes and improve our accounting operations.
Description of an ideal candidate
The ideal candidate will be a driven and curious accountant, who is eager to grow and learn new things. This role will have exposure to numerous processes including Accounts Payable, Sales Commissions, Partner Commissions, and Monthly Accruals, as well as be involved in other ad hoc projects. The ideal candidate will have strong attention to detail and strive to ensure the accuracy of individual transactions while also being willing to learn about the wider business and being mindful of the bigger picture. The candidate should have 2-3 years of accounting experience and be familiar with both monthly expense accruals and accounts payable processes.
WHAT YOU'LL ACCOMPLISH
- Own the monthly expense accrual process.
- Work cross functionally with Strategic Finance and other teams across the organization to ensure all monthly expenses are accurately captured.
- Prepare accrual and deferral entries for both internal and external sales commissions.
- Review invoices to ensure they are correctly coded and accounted for. Provide feedback and guidance to the AP team.
- Ensure that accounting policies are correctly applied and internal controls are enforced throughout the AP process.
- Assist with inquiries regarding invoice processing and payment status.
- Assist with investigating inquiries around commissions and troubleshooting issues with the commissions calculation.
- Review operating expense results and prepare flux and variance explanations.
- Develop reports and compile data from multiple systems to help make decisions more efficiently.
- Prepare month-end general ledger reconciliations for accrual accounts, AP, and commissions accounts.
- Support our audit by having a general understanding of internal controls and documentation requirements.
- Assist with complex accounting projects and initiatives.
- Support and execute ad hoc tasks and projects, as needed.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or finance.
- 2-3 years of accounting experience.
- Familiarity with expense accruals and reconciliations.
- Advanced Excel or Google Sheet skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Able to analyze data and provide insights/reporting to various departments.
- Strong interpersonal and communication abilities.
- Understanding of US GAAP as it relates to Inventory and Cost of Goods sold.
- Comfortable working with the ambiguity of a fast-paced company - ability to innovate, and solve problems creatively.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Experience with NetSuite, Navan, and/or ZipHQ software.
- Experience with CaptivateIQ.
- Experience with Mode Analytics, Tableau, or other BI tools.
- Familiarity with accounting for commissions under ASC 340-40.
- Start-up experience
WHAT YOU'LL LOVE ABOUT US
- Inclusive healthcare and benefits: On top of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage, we offer employees and their family members help with gender-affirming care, tools for family and fertility planning, and travel reimbursements if healthcare isn’t available where you live.
- Planning for the future: Start saving for the future with our traditional or Roth 401k retirement plan options which include a 2% company match.
- Modern life stipends: Manage your own learning and development.
About Hinge Health:
LinkedIn recently named Hinge Health one of the Top 50 Startups. Forbes, Fast Company, and Inc. have also recognized our technology, innovation, and culture.
Since our founding in 2014, we've raised more than $800 million from leading investors, including Coatue and Tiger Global. We work with 1000 customers across every industry and the public sector — including Salesforce, Verizon, and the State of New Jersey — to give more than 23 million people access to the care they need. We’re positioned to continue leading the market with unmatched investments in clinical research, care innovation, machine learning, AI, and computer vision.
Diversity and Inclusion:
We’re committed to building diverse teams that reflect the communities we serve. Visit hingehealth.com/diversity-equity-and-inclusion to learn more about what moves us.
Hinge Health is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We make employment decisions without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, pregnancy, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
We provide reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities. If you feel you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, let us know by reaching out to your recruiter.
By providing your information through this page or applying for a job at Hinge Health, you acknowledge that Hinge Health will collect, use, and process your information as part of our job application process. For more information on how Hinge Health processes your personal information, click here to view our Applicant and Personnel Privacy Notice.
There continues to be a significant increase in phishing attempts across all industries where fraudsters are impersonating real employees and sending fictitious job offers to applicants in a scheme to obtain sensitive information. Please note that we will never ask for your financial information at any part of the interview process including the post-offer stage, and will only correspond through @hingehealth.com domain email addresses.
If you encounter any suspicious activity, we recommend you cease all communication with the individual and consider reporting them to the U.S. FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center. If you would like to verify the legitimacy of an email you received from our recruiting team, please forward it to firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please do not send resumes via email*