International Finance Ops - EMEA Remote
Here at Hugging Face, we’re on a journey to advance good machine learning and make it more accessible. Along the way, we contribute to the development of technology for the better.
We have built the fastest-growing, open-source library of pre-trained models in the world. With more than 500K+ models and 250K+ stars on GitHub, over 15,000 companies are using Hugging Face’s tools in production, including leading AI organizations such as Google, Microsoft, Elastic, Salesforce, Grammarly, and NASA.
About the Role
- collect and pay invoices
- negotiate quotes and terms with vendors
- assist the team with corporate expenses, credit card issuance
- assist the Chief Finance Officer in every kind of operational tasks
- improve/automate processes
Revenue recognition and cash collection
- generate and send invoices to customers
- optimize cash collection (monitor payments, send dunning notices to customers, report revenue in our cash tracker)
- client relationship
- assist the Chief Finance Officer in the drafting of quarterly investor reviews and revenue reports
- improve/automate processes
Financial Reporting (US Gaap and French Gaap)
- supervise bookkeeping
- perform quarterly accounting closes (collect invoices, justify operations, coordinate with our CPA firms)
- Set up new reporting processes based on US GAAP requirements
- Set up new processes to comply with US tax standards (sales tax etc.)
- assist the cfo in the drafting of quarterly investor financial reports
- manage audits and controls from US and French authorities (VAT, Research Tax Credit etc.)
Coming from a Master’s degree in accounting/finance/audit, you have 5+ years of experience as a Finance Ops in a start-up like company. You’ll enjoy working with us if you think strategically but have the capacity to be nimble, pragmatic, and creative to solve problems. You will be required to be autonomous, independent, and communicative as these are the keys to succeed in a decentralized organization like ours. You also have great organization skills, and administrative writing skills.
You care about employee’ experiences and understand diversity is great but inclusion is key. You like to build things (almost) from scratch and you thrive in a fast-growing international environment, A solid startup or entrepreneurial experience is also preferred. French and English, both written and spoken, are mandatory for this position.
More about Hugging Face
We are actively working to build a culture that values diversity, equity, and inclusivity.We are intentionally building a workplace where people feel respected and supported—regardless of who you are or where you come from. We believe this is foundational to building a great company and community. Hugging Face is an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We value development.You will work with some of the smartest people in our industry. We are an organization that has a bias for impact and is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
We care about your well-being. We offer flexible working hours and remote options. We offer health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents. We also offer parental leave and flexible paid time off.
We support our employees wherever they are. While we have office spaces in NYC and Paris, we’re very distributed and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices. If needed, we’ll also outfit your workstation to ensure you succeed.
We want our teammates to be shareholders. All employees have company equity as part of their compensation package. If we succeed in becoming a category-defining platform in machine learning and artificial intelligence, everyone enjoys the upside.
We support the community. We believe major scientific advancements are the result of collaboration across the field. Join a community supporting the ML/AI community.