Operator Specialist - Foodservice Sales
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Tuesday, October 31, 2023
Impossible Foods was founded to transform the global food system and reduce the impact of climate change by making the world’s most delicious, nutritious, and sustainable meat, fish, and dairy — from plants. We’re building a rockstar team of brilliant, collaborative, mission-driven individuals who take pride in using their diverse skills to contribute to saving our planet.
Want to join the movement? You can help us solve the most urgent, important challenge facing the world today (and have fun doing it).
The Operator Specialist Role is a member of the Foodservice Distribution and Field Sales Team, reporting to the Regional Manager, focused on growing Impossible Foods business through collaboration with Brokers, and Distributors Operators. This is an exciting development role which requires high energy and hunting mentality to prioritize, target and close deals. This role is critical in supporting various FS initiatives to help fuel our next chapter of growth.
This role is remote based and located in the California market.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop and strengthen business relationships with Distributors, DSRs, Brokers and key Operator accounts to achieve goals within the assigned region.
- Clearly communicate Impossible Foods’ value proposition and provide ongoing feedback both internally and externally.
- Generate revenue within assigned region and be accountable for results.
- Represent Impossible Foods at food shows, trade shows, distributors sales meetings, and trainings.
- Negotiate and manager operator contracts within trade budget.
- Manage administrative responsibilities with partners, including sample shipments, document and information requests, provide competitive intelligence reports and market feedback, support supply chain needs, and facilitate deductions.
- 2-4 years experience building relationships with FS Operators, Distributors, and Brokers.; Ability to travel 40-60% of time.
- Seasoned communicator; both written and spoken - experience creating and giving presentations a must.
- Proven track record of achieving sales targets.
- Resides in California (Los Angeles or San Francisco preferred).
- Experience selling novel CPG or plant-based product in Foodservice a plus.
- A bias towards action - you have an entrepreneurial mentality, can make and own decisions, and you adopt our “Blast Ahead” mentality of grit, action, and perseverance.
- Positive attitude, flexibility and the ability to impact results with external partners.
- A growth mindset - you are curious, seek help from others, openly accept feedback, and capitalize on setbacks to move forward more effectively.
- Experience triaging inquiries and prioritizing time are critical.
Impossible Foods Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other trait protected by law.
If the ability to work remotely is indicated, this role can be performed from any US state except for Alaska, Hawaii, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Wisconsin.
This role is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship.