Sr. Manager, Business Operations - Ads
We're transforming the grocery industry
At Instacart, we invite the world to share love through food because we believe everyone should have access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. Where others see a simple need for grocery delivery, we see exciting complexity and endless opportunity to serve the varied needs of our community. We work to deliver an essential service that customers rely on to get their groceries and household goods, while also offering safe and flexible earnings opportunities to Instacart Personal Shoppers.
Instacart has become a lifeline for millions of people, and we’re building the team to help push our shopping cart forward. If you’re ready to do the best work of your life, come join our table.
Instacart is a Flex First team
There’s no one-size fits all approach to how we do our best work. Our employees have the flexibility to choose where they do their best work—whether it’s from home, an office, or your favorite coffee shop—while staying connected and building community through regular in-person events. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
Every year, people across the world spend nearly one trillion dollars on groceries. It’s an industry that’s been around for centuries. Food itself, however, has been a constant in people’s lives since the beginning of time. Yes, sustenance is essential, but it’s also much more than that. Food can be a part of a daily ritual or a special moment that resonates with people on a meaningful and emotional level. It can be a much-needed break in a long day, a taste that brings back memories, a creative experiment, a shared meal with loved ones, or even comfort during a hard time. Whether it’s a special occasion or an everyday occurrence, it should always be easy for people to get the ingredients they need.
Instacart’s Business Operations (BizOps) team helps the business set direction, surface opportunities for growth & efficiency, and solve the company’s toughest cross-functional problems. This is a rare opportunity to impact a high-growth company that’s already changing the way people feed their households. , You will gain high visibility into Instacart’s Product, Operations, Finance, Advertising, Engineering, Business Development and Data Science teams.
This particular role will focus on Instacart’s rapidly-growing Advertising business. You will be the primary point of contact for our leadership team on critical questions related to Instacart’s near-term and long-term success. You will need to balance multiple priorities (growth, efficiency, quality, just to name a few), and consider various stakeholders (CPGs, retailers, customers, and shoppers). Each week will bring you a new set of projects and challenges, where success is measured by data-driven outcomes -- you will have the satisfaction of seeing the results of your work and earning the gratitude of your peers while growing your career and learning the ins-and outs of a cutting edge tech startup.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Lead critical cross-functional initiatives for BizOps with a focus on Advertising to identify and quantify strategic growth opportunities and operational improvements.
- Design sustainable solutions, while persuading and aligning various stakeholders during change management initiatives of your own, turning your strategic recommendations into reality.
- Develop a rigorous and detailed understanding of the P&L by product, advertiser and retailer to drive growth, retention, product & pricing strategies.
- Identify and triage multiple priorities, issues, and roadblocks facing the company using your experience leveraging data for business impact.
- Serve as the primary cross-functional liaison between Instacart’s Product, Engineering, Analytics, Go-to-Marker, Operations, Business Development & Finance teams.
- Foster a culture of excellence, while identifying and actively looking for opportunities to recognize excellent contributions within the teams.
- 10+ years work experience in a relevant field with demonstrated cross-functional and collaborative project or team management experience, and a track record of leveraging data for business impact.
- Experience in Advertising - especially in a high growth tech company.
- Early career experience in Consulting, Banking, Private Equity, Corporate Strategy, or similar roles preferred; MBA a plus.
- Experience managing lean teams with outsized company impact.
- A history of identifying and developing business cases for strategic growth opportunities and operational improvements and elegantly executing projects from proposal to implementation.
- A self-starter with the ability to quickly respond to problems independently and proactively address conflicting stakeholder requirements to achieve creative compromise.
- Ability to deep dive into data, identify and quantify opportunities, and design sustainable improvements and solutions. Proficient in advanced Excel; working knowledge of SQL required
- Polished communication skills and comfort working with senior leadership.
- Passion for creating a best-in-class experience for Instacart’s customers, shoppers and business partners.
Instacart provides highly market-competitive compensation and benefits in each location where our employees work. This role is remote and the base pay range for a successful candidate is dependent on their permanent work location. Please review our Flex First remote work policy here.
Offers may vary based on many factors, such as candidate experience and skills required for the role. Additionally, this role is eligible for a new hire equity grant as well as annual refresh grants. Please read more about our benefits offerings here.
For US based candidates, the base pay ranges for a successful candidate are listed below.
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.
Something looks off?