Senior Software Engineer
We're transforming the grocery industry
At Instacart, we invite the world to share love through food because we believe everyone should have access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. Where others see a simple need for grocery delivery, we see exciting complexity and endless opportunity to serve the varied needs of our community. We work to deliver an essential service that customers rely on to get their groceries and household goods, while also offering safe and flexible earnings opportunities to Instacart Personal Shoppers.
Instacart has become a lifeline for millions of people, and we’re building the team to help push our shopping cart forward. If you’re ready to do the best work of your life, come join our table.
Instacart is a Flex First team
There’s no one-size fits all approach to how we do our best work. Our employees have the flexibility to choose where they do their best work—whether it’s from home, an office, or your favorite coffee shop—while staying connected and building community through regular in-person events. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
Instacart recently acquired FoodStorm, a Melbourne based company which continues to create amazing catering and order management software for the biggest Supermarkets globally. (TechCrunch article)
FoodStorm’s order management system makes it easier for customers to place orders and for grocers to fulfill orders across their store network. The platform also offers order tracking, payment solutions, and CRM capabilities that help grocers collect feedback, market their offerings, and leverage promotional features.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Develop the FoodStorm software platform; scope includes software design, development, database development, testing, deployment and bug fixing
- Being part of a small team, with a large amount of ownership and autonomy for managing things directly, and the freedom to suggest and drive team wide initiatives
- Shipping high quality, scalable and robust solutions with a sense of urgency
- Problem solve & troubleshoot complex technical and design challenges and implement innovative solutions
- Software architecture & database design and implementation
- Implement processes and practices to support the scaling of the development team
- Facilitating collaboration with colleagues and mentoring/teaching other technical staff
- Highly proficient with Microsoft .NET Framework, MVC & C# Language
- Highly proficient with Microsoft SQL Server (SQL Azure preferred), T-SQL, Tables, Views & Stored Procedures
- Exposure to front end frameworks including react.js & JQuery
- High level of business acumen with ability to consider all dimensions of business issues into solution design
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills, with an ability to "think outside the box"
- Experience in management, deployment and scaling of cloud based services ideally the Azure Platform
- Ability to lead and influence others in technical problem solving and solution design
- Knowledge of scalable system design including cloud scalability & Azure infrastructure
- Ability to size, prioritize, manage tasks and commit to agreed deadlines
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.
Something looks off?