We're transforming the grocery industry
At Instacart, we invite the world to share love through food because we believe everyone should have access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. Where others see a simple need for grocery delivery, we see exciting complexity and endless opportunity to serve the varied needs of our community. We work to deliver an essential service that customers rely on to get their groceries and household goods, while also offering safe and flexible earnings opportunities to Instacart Personal Shoppers.
Instacart has become a lifeline for millions of people, and we’re building the team to help push our shopping cart forward. If you’re ready to do the best work of your life, come join our table.
Instacart is a Flex First team
There’s no one-size fits all approach to how we do our best work. Our employees have the flexibility to choose where they do their best work—whether it’s from home, an office, or your favorite coffee shop—while staying connected and building community through regular in-person events. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
Instacart Shift Leads are responsible for driving Instacart’s success inside the stores of our retail partners. In this role, you will exercise autonomy and use your owner-mindset to coach a team of in-store shoppers, maintain and improve in-store operations, optimizing for efficiency. You will manage day-to-day and on-the-ground operations in partnership with Operations Leadership, with a goal of delivering high-quality orders to customers in the most efficient way possible. If you are looking for a fast-paced, people-oriented, challenging and exciting place to grow your career, this is the place for you.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Onboard new shoppers and provide continuous structured guidance and support to in-store shopper team—including actionable feedback for improvement—to help them achieve individual performance goals.
- Become the expert and go-to-resource on the Instacart in-store shopping process and store layout
- Utilize existing resources, tools, and team members to quickly identify and solve any shopper, customer, or retailer issues
- Build morale in-store and foster a collaborative, team-oriented work environment
- Ensure orders are fulfilled accurately and to the highest standard of quality
- Maintain in-store equipment and staging areas and proactively troubleshoot any issues with service and repair vendors
- Maintain a comfortable in-store environment so that our shoppers can focus on their work
- Enforce policies and handling in-store shopper violations and partner with local Operations Team to ensure personnel issues are escalated properly
- Brainstorm new process improvements that will enhance the in-store shopping and customer experience
- Exemplify the highest standards of professionalism and integrity to promote the culture, values, and mission of Instacart
- You have interpersonal and communication, organization, planning, and prioritization skills
- You possess a mindset of resilience and perseverance
- You have experience and comfort with using metrics and dashboards to make decisions
- You have demonstrated poise when navigating critical conversations with peers, retailer partners, and in-store shoppers
- You have experience working with diverse teams
- You possess strong motivational and leadership skills
- You are comfortable with challenging the status quo and being proactive in developing improvements to the in-store shopping and customer experience
- You can be flexible: Shift Leads are required to report into one store; however, based on geographic locations, this might be subject to change
- You have access to reliable transportation as Shift Leads may be required to travel between stores
- You are able to deliver customer service that exceeds customer needs
- You have consistent access to and be able to effectively use a recent smartphone (iPhone 5 / Android 4.4 or newer)
- You must be able to do the following with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Lift up to 50 lbs regularly throughout shift
- Remain standing or walking, including up and down stairs, during shift
- You are able to consistently and reliably work 30-40 hours a week
- You are able to work regularly on weekends, including Sundays
The pay range for this role is $24.90 - $27.52, depending on experience.
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.
Something looks off?