Senior Software Engineer - Full-stack (Australia)
Jasper is an AI copilot for enterprise marketing teams who want better outcomes, not just faster outputs. More advanced than writing assistants, AI copilots are personalized to each company and securely combine business context and memory with purpose-built skills to achieve both speed and performance.
Jasper is an AI copilot for enterprise marketing teams who want better outcomes, not just faster outputs. More advanced than a writing assistant, Jasper is personalised to each company and securely combines business context and memory with purpose-built skills to achieve both speed and performance.
As a Senior Software Engineer - Full-stack at Jasper, you will be part of the core product engineering team building the future of content creation and editing for marketing teams across multiple platforms.
We are a dynamic and cohesive team of entrepreneurs with a culture of collaboration and cross-functional expertise. Each individual is empowered to take ownership of their work, while recognizing the immense value of our collective experience in crafting exceptional products. As engineers, our goal is always to build thoughtfully designed solutions that are extensible and maintainable, but above all deliver value to our customers. We often start by shipping prototypes to test assumptions, gather real customer feedback, and validate our approach. This allows us to deliver better experiences sooner that actually solve our customer’s problems. A successful engineer in our team collaborates with fellow engineers, as well as Product and Design, to take solutions from early prototypes to meticulously crafted and robust features.
This is a remote role open to candidates located anywhere within Australia.
We have remote teams based in Australia and the US, with offices in Austin, Texas and Salt Lake City, Utah. We've built a strong foundation to support remote employee engagement across our teams. We have a mix of experience levels and backgrounds, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing, mentoring and career growth.
What you’ll do at Jasper:
- Build, maintain and extend our core content creation and editing experiences across the full-stack of our web application, browser extension and other marketplace applications.
- Build proof-of-concepts to gather customer feedback and explore technical possibilities and limitations.
- Solve complex technical problems, either independently or collaboratively, to deliver innovative solutions that provide customer value and directly impact key business metrics.
- Help lead and drive ambitious engineering projects that improve our application architecture and expand our technical capabilities.
- Actively support other engineers through collaboration, knowledge sharing, guidance and mentorship.
- Champion a high standard of engineering practices, ensuring code quality, modularity, maintainability and scalability.
What you’ll bring to Jasper:
- 5+ years of development experience building full-stack production applications.
- An entrepreneurial mindset with a passion for working in rapidly growing and exciting businesses.
- Desire to own your work and deliver impactful features from start to finish; potentially as prototypes initially, and then as complete robust solutions.
- Strong problem-solving, ideation, and communication skills.
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field.
It would be favourable to have experience with one or more of the following:
- Developing applications using generative AI APIs.
- Working with rich text editors and/or their respective backend solutions.
- Building browser extensions or marketplace applications.
Our current stack:
You may get a chance to work with some of the following technologies:
- Frontend: Typescript, React, NextJS, GraphQL
- Backend: Typescript, NestJS, Websockets
- Google Cloud Platform, Vercel
- PostgreSQL, Redis, Hasura GraphQL Engine
- Docker, Kubernetes
At Jasper, we believe in pay transparency and are committed to providing our employees and candidates with access to information about our compensation practices. The expected base salary range offered for this role is $180,000-$210,000 AUD. Compensation may vary based on relevant experience, skills, competencies and certifications.
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative at all job levels as we know the more inclusive we are, the better our product will be. We are committed to celebrating and supporting our differences and that diversity is essential to innovation and makes us better able to serve our customers. We hire people of all levels and backgrounds who are excited to learn and develop their skills.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.