Senior Product Manager, Identity and Profiles
Everyone is welcome at Handshake. We know diverse teams build better products and we are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We strongly encourage candidates from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups to apply.
Handshake is hiring a Senior Product Manager reporting to the Director of Product Management. As Handshake begins its next chapter in scaling up to all career-starters, the way that we empower “people” on our platform to drive career outcomes is central to unlocking the human potential in our three-sided marketplace of candidates, career center professionals, and employer representatives (recruiters, hiring managers, alumni). In this role, you will lead the teams that are chartered to build user profiles and the end-to-end use cases that revolve around profiles. The team’s ownership also includes accounts, roles and permissions, user data, as well as the relevant social actions and user generated content.
Profiles are at the crux of all people-centric user journeys on Handshake. You will have the opportunity to use profiles to enhance our current experiences, as well as to extend them and create new paths for career success on our platform.
Ultimately, we believe Handshake can become the de facto professional identity for all job seekers and we need your help to make that happen!
- Product Strategy. You’ll ensure that your squad have a cohesive and differentiated product strategy that ladders up into the Student team and company strategy.
- Leadership. You’ll represent your squad and product area to executives and translate company-wide strategies to your squad and into your roadmap. You’ll inspire your team on the product vision.
- Goal Setting. You’ll hold your squad accountable to clear goals that ensure they are tracking effectively towards their strategy.
- Planning and Execution. You’ll lead your squad and stakeholders in prioritizing and collaborating on the roadmap while ensuring we have appropriate alignment with appropriate stakeholders. You will also exercise influence on adjacent product areas and organization-wide strategy.
- Collaboration. You’ll work closely with other key leaders in the Core Experience team (i.e. design, marketing, engineering, data) as well as leaders in other lines of businesses (i.e. career events, paid employer offerings) to ensure cohesive strategy and execution.
- User focused. You dive headfirst into understanding the needs of students and build products grounded in data, research and your first-hand experiences with users.
- Marketplace Fluent. You think holistically across the different user types and their respective incentives in a marketplace to create “matched”, end-to-end, successful products.
- Strong systems and analytical thinker. Can connect the dots, spot challenges and edge cases, integrate multiple considerations.
- Demonstrated ability to build business cases / opportunity assessments to drive prioritization.
- Experience launching and managing features in a consumer product with 1M+ active users
- Expert at using data for tactical and feature area decisioning, goal setting, and iterating quickly.
Bonus areas of expertise
- PM experience leading the development and launch of net new, “zero to one” consumer features
- Experience managing a consumer feature set with significant scale (i.e. 10MM+ users)
- $145,000 - $190,000 per year
For cash compensation, we set standard ranges for all U.S.-based roles based on function, level, and geographic location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. In order to be compliant with local legislation, as well as to provide greater transparency to candidates, we share salary ranges on all job postings regardless of desired hiring location. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including geographic location as well as candidate experience and expertise, and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Handshake is the #1 place to launch a career with no connections, experience, or luck required. The platform connects up-and-coming talent with 750,000+ employers - from Fortune 500 companies like Google, Nike, and Target to thousands of public school districts, healthcare systems, and nonprofits. In 2022 we announced our $200M Series F funding round. This Series F fundraise and valuation of $3.5B will fuel Handshake’s next phase of growth and propel our mission to help more people start, restart, and jumpstart their careers.
When it comes to our workforce strategy, we’ve thought deeply about how work-life should look here at Handshake. With our Hub-Based Remote Working strategy, employees can enjoy the flexibility of remote work, whilst ensuring collaboration and team experiences in a shared space remains possible. Handshake is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Denver, New York, London, and Berlin and teammates working globally.
Check out our careers site to find a hub near you!
What we offer
Benefits below apply to employees in full-time positions.
At Handshake, we'll give you the tools to feel healthy, happy and secure.
- 💰 Equity and ownership in a fast-growing company.
- 🍼 16 Weeks of paid parental leave for birth giving parents & 10 weeks of paid parental leave for non-birth giving parents.
- 💝 Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision policies including LGTBQ+ Coverage. We also provide resources for Mental Health Assistance, Employee Assistance Programs and counseling support.
- 💻 Handshake offers $500/£360 home office stipend for you to spend during your first 3 months to create a productive and comfortable workspace at home.
- 📚 Generous learning & development opportunities and an annual $2,000/£1,500 stipend for you to grow your skills and career.
- 🏦 401k Match: Handshake offers a dollar-for-dollar match on 1% of deferred salary, up to a maximum of $1,200 per year.
- 🏝 All full-time US-based Handshakers are eligible for our flexible time off policy to get out and see the world. In addition, we offer 8 standardized holidays, and 2 additional days of flexible holiday time off. Lastly, we have a Winter #ShakeBreak, a one-week period of Collective Time Off.
- 🏦 Pension Scheme: Handshake will provide you with a workplace pension, where you will make contributions based on 5% of your salary. Handshake will pay the equivalent of 3% towards your pension plan, subject to qualifying earnings limits.
- 🏝 Up to 25 days of vacation to encourage people to reset, recharge, and refresh, in addition to 8 bank holidays throughout the year.
For roles based in Berlin, Poland, and Romania: Please ask your recruiter about region specific benefits.
Looking for more? Explore our mission, values and comprehensive US benefits at joinhandshake.com/careers.
Something looks off?