Senior Infrastructure Engineer, Cloud Engineering
Everyone is welcome at Handshake. We know diverse teams build better products and we are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We strongly encourage candidates from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups to apply.
At Handshake, we are committed to building a diverse team of dynamic engineers who share our passion for creating high-quality, high-impact products. As an Infrastructure Engineer, you will play a critical role in building our self-service platforms and supporting the Cloud Engineering team's goal of developing a secure and reliable platform for our engineers. If you have a strong passion for infrastructure and are motivated to drive positive change through technology, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
- Work with a fantastic bunch of highly talented and collaborative teammates and colleagues
- Support the deployment and operation of multiple highly available K8S clusters
- Establish and enforce best practices for K8S, including deployment patterns, sizing, etc.
- Develop solutions with support for monitoring, metrics, and automation
- Collaborate with other teams to influence design for engineering excellence
- Work in a 100% Cloud Environment (GCP) and use tools and services like Argo Workflows, Argo CD, Prometheus, etc.
- Develop and automate our infrastructure with Terraform
- Lead technical aspects and direction for the team and mentor junior members
- You are adept with agile software development lifecycle and DevOps principles
- You prefer taking projects from inception to completion and are outcome-oriented
- You act with empathy when partnering with fellow engineers and coworkers
- You have 5+ years of experience in building and maintaining cloud-based architectures in AWS and/or GCP
- You have experience with Linux / Unix-based operating systems
- You have prior experience with modern infrastructure tooling, such as Kubernetes, as an administrator or operator in a production setting
- You have experience securing Kubernetes by implementing best practices such as OPA, RBAC, and utilizing Kubernetes security features
- You have Infrastructure networking experience: firewalls, load balancing, DNS, etc.
- You are passionate about building simple and high-quality infrastructure
- You have experience working in distributed, performant, at-scale backend systems
- You are strong in operations but have passion and knowledge in automation
You’ll work with these technologies
- PostgreSQL, Redis, Pub/Sub, Elasticsearch
For cash compensation, we set standard ranges for all U.S.-based roles based on function, level, and geographic location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. In order to be compliant with local legislation, as well as to provide greater transparency to candidates, we share salary ranges on all job postings regardless of desired hiring location. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including geographic location as well as candidate experience and expertise, and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Handshake is the #1 place to launch a career with no connections, experience, or luck required. The platform connects up-and-coming talent with 750,000+ employers - from Fortune 500 companies like Google, Nike, and Target to thousands of public school districts, healthcare systems, and nonprofits. In 2022 we announced our $200M Series F funding round. This Series F fundraise and valuation of $3.5B will fuel Handshake’s next phase of growth and propel our mission to help more people start, restart, and jumpstart their careers.
When it comes to our workforce strategy, we’ve thought deeply about how work-life should look here at Handshake. With our Hub-Based Remote Working strategy, employees can enjoy the flexibility of remote work, whilst ensuring collaboration and team experiences in a shared space remains possible. Handshake is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Denver, New York, London, and Berlin and teammates working globally.
Check out our careers site to find a hub near you!
What we offer
At Handshake, we'll give you the tools to feel healthy, happy and secure.
- 💰 Equity and ownership in a fast-growing company.
- 🍼 16 Weeks of paid parental leave for birth giving parents & 10 weeks of paid parental leave for non-birth giving parents.
- 💝 Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision policies including LGTBQ+ Coverage. We also provide resources for Mental Health Assistance, Employee Assistance Programs and counseling support.
- 💻 Handshake offers $500/£360 home office stipend for you to spend during your first 3 months to create a productive and comfortable workspace at home.
- 📚 Generous learning & development opportunities and an annual $2,000/£1,500 stipend for you to grow your skills and career.
- 🏦 401k Match: Handshake offers a dollar-for-dollar match on 1% of deferred salary, up to a maximum of $1,200 per year.
- 🏝 All full-time US-based Handshakers are eligible for our flexible time off policy to get out and see the world. In addition, we offer 8 standardized holidays, and 2 additional days of flexible holiday time off. Lastly, we have a Winter #ShakeBreak, a one-week period of Collective Time Off.
- 🏦 Pension Scheme: Handshake will provide you with a workplace pension, where you will make contributions based on 5% of your salary. Handshake will pay the equivalent of 3% towards your pension plan, subject to qualifying earnings limits.
- 🏝 Up to 25 days of vacation to encourage people to reset, recharge, and refresh, in addition to 8 bank holidays throughout the year.
For roles based in Berlin, Poland, and Romania: Please ask your recruiter about region specific benefits.
Benefits above apply to employees in full-time positions.
Looking for more? Explore our mission, values and comprehensive US benefits at joinhandshake.com/careers.
Something looks off?