Account Executive (Hybrid, San Francisco)
Everyone is welcome at Handshake. We know diverse teams build better products and we are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We strongly encourage candidates from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups to apply.
We’re looking for a Mid-Market Account Executive to join our Employer Sales Team at Handshake, the only all-in-one early talent recruiting platform. In this role you will connect Employers to students and alumni to democratize access to opportunity. You will be given an account list and will be responsible for managing a full-cycle sales process from prospecting to closing. This includes but isn’t limited to account prioritization, prospecting and outreach, uncovering customer objectives and aligning to Handhsake’s value, and finally creating urgency to drive deadlines and accountability. Handshake is a fast-paced environment and it’s an exciting time. In order to be successful you must embrace change management, have a positive mindset, and be a problem-solver.
Exceed quarterly and annual quota targets
Develop and cultivate relationships with senior executives at the Director, SVP, and VP levels
Leverage internal tools and resources to prospect, nurture, and close new business
Be customer first and take a consultative approach to selling Handshake’s value
Responsible for accurately forecasting business on monthly/quarterly/yearly basis
Interact and collaborate cross-functionally to build and grow our multi-sided talent marketplace
Work independently while also up-leveling and supporting your team
Note: this is a hybrid position with 2 days a week in our San Francisco or New York City office, and 3 days a week remote.
3-5 years of sales experience in SaaS with 3+ years of closing experience
A strong history of quota attainment and can articulate at least 1 example of a customer story from prospect to closed won
Experience operating in a high-growth business environment like Handshake
Clear written and verbal communication
Pre-sales experience: prioritization and outreach including scalable email communication and 1:1 customization
Sales Experience: discovery including 2nd and 3rd level pain, demonstrating and explaining ROI and bridging, and having the ability to hold customers to deadlines and generate urgency to drive deals forward in the sales cycle
Demonstrates enthusiasm for working outside of scope to enrich processes and have an impact on larger business objectives
Willing to work out of our San Francisco office 2 days a week
Bonus Areas of Expertise:
Experience preparing sales proposals, forecasting, and account planning
Previous SDR or BDR experience
Knowledge of how online recruiting technology works - and the ability to explain it in ordinary terms
Possess relationships with key HR decision-makers at national Fortune 1000 companies and other top brands.
Passion for honing your craft: has completed formal sales training programs, has knowledge of sales methodologies (i.e Challenger, MEDDIC, Sandler, etc), and/or utilizes additional resources like books or podcasts to up level skills
- $160,000 - $180,000 OTE + RSUs
For cash compensation, we set standard ranges for all U.S.-based roles based on function, level, and geographic location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. In order to be compliant with local legislation, as well as to provide greater transparency to candidates, we share salary ranges on all job postings regardless of desired hiring location. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including geographic location as well as candidate experience and expertise, and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Handshake is the #1 place to launch a career with no connections, experience, or luck required. The platform connects up-and-coming talent with 750,000+ employers - from Fortune 500 companies like Google, Nike, and Target to thousands of public school districts, healthcare systems, and nonprofits. In 2022 we announced our $200M Series F funding round. This Series F fundraise and valuation of $3.5B will fuel Handshake’s next phase of growth and propel our mission to help more people start, restart, and jumpstart their careers.
When it comes to our workforce strategy, we’ve thought deeply about how work-life should look here at Handshake. With our Hub-Based Remote Working strategy, employees can enjoy the flexibility of remote work, whilst ensuring collaboration and team experiences in a shared space remains possible. Handshake is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Denver, New York, London, and Berlin and teammates working globally.
Check out our careers site to find a hub near you!
What we offer
At Handshake, we'll give you the tools to feel healthy, happy and secure.
Benefits below apply to employees in full-time positions.
- 💰 Equity and ownership in a fast-growing company.
- 🍼 16 Weeks of paid parental leave for birth giving parents & 10 weeks of paid parental leave for non-birth giving parents.
- 💝 Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision policies including LGTBQ+ Coverage. We also provide resources for Mental Health Assistance, Employee Assistance Programs and counseling support.
- 💻 Handshake offers $500/£360 home office stipend for you to spend during your first 3 months to create a productive and comfortable workspace at home.
- 📚 Generous learning & development opportunities and an annual $2,000/£1,500/€1,850 stipend for you to grow your skills and career.
- 💰 Financial coaching through Origin to help you through your financial journey.
- Monthly internet stipend and a brand new MacBook to allow you to do your best work.
- 🚃 Monthly commuter stipend for you to expense your travel to the office (for office-based employees).
- 🥗 Free lunch provided twice a week across all offices.
- 🤝 Referral bonus to reward you when you bring great talent to Handshake.
(US-specific benefits, in addition to the first section)
- 🏦 401k Match: Handshake offers a dollar-for-dollar match on 1% of deferred salary, up to a maximum of $1,200 per year.
- 🏝 All full-time US-based Handshakers are eligible for our flexible time off policy to get out and see the world. In addition, we offer 8 standardized holidays, and 2 additional days of flexible holiday time off. Lastly, we have a Winter #ShakeBreak, a one-week period of Collective Time Off.
- 🍼 Lactation support: Handshake partners with Milk Stork to provide a comprehensive 100% employer-sponsored lactation support to traveling parents and guardians.
(UK-specific benefits, in addition to the first section)
- 🏦 Pension Scheme: Handshake will provide you with a workplace pension, where you will make contributions based on 5% of your salary. Handshake will pay the equivalent of 3% towards your pension plan, subject to qualifying earnings limits.
- 🏝 Up to 25 days of vacation to encourage people to reset, recharge, and refresh, in addition to 8 bank holidays throughout the year.
- 🤝 Regular offsites each year to bring the team together + opportunity to travel to our HQ in San Francisco.
- 🛍️ Discounts across various high street retailers, cinemas and other social activities exclusively for Handshake UK employees.
(Germany-specific benefits, in addition to the first section)
- 🏝 25 days of annual leave + we have a Winter #ShakeBreak, a one-week period of Collective Time Off across the company.
- 🤝 Regular offsites each year to bring the team together + opportunity to travel to our HQ in San Francisco once a year.
- 🧘 Urban sports club membership offering access to a diverse network of fitness and wellness facilities.
- 🛍️ Discounts across various high street retailers, cinemas and other social activities exclusively for Handshake Germany employees.
For roles based in Romania: Please ask your recruiter about region specific benefits.
Looking for more? Explore our mission, values and comprehensive US benefits at joinhandshake.com/careers.