Senior Front-End Software Engineer
The ingredient, polymer and chemical industries are going through a digital transformation. Suppliers and distributors that adopt modern, digital strategies will succeed. More than 8,000 of the world's largest suppliers and distributors use Knowde to accelerate their digital transformation and drive business growth.
Knowde solves the root of the problem holding the industry back from successful digital transformation: organizing and digitizing product data. Knowde’s Proprietary Knowledge Engine extracts, cleanses and organizes unstructured product data in a matter of weeks, creating product master data in a PIM system that powers business tools, internal teams, and amazing online customer experiences.
Knowde instantly transforms how customers discover, engage and transact with suppliers and distributors online — on your existing website, Knowde’s marketplace or both.
To realize our vision, we've raised over $110M from the world's leading investors, including Sequoia Capital and Coatue. They recognize that digitally transforming the chemical industry will increase the pace of innovation globally.
Come Join Us!
Knowde is looking to add an immensely talented Senior Front End Developer to join our Engineering team. As one of our engineers, you will help us invent, design, refine, and deliver the products that will enable this digital transformation. The products we will create together simply do not exist today. This is your chance to fundamentally affect how product innovation occurs globally across industries.
What You’ll Be Doing
- As a small, remote team you’ll be empowered to work directly with leadership and the product team to make decisions about your code and the future of the product.
- Be a trailblazer by contributing to the build of a complex ecommerce marketplace, the first of its kind in the Chemicals space.
- Have a strong emphasis on shipping features quickly without sacrificing code quality.
- Own your projects from software design to implementation and deployment.
- Take pride in your work by implementing cutting-edge technologies and writing state-of-the-art code.
- Build modular front-end code leveraging GraphQL and REST-based services.
- Emphasize simplicity and pragmatism, which is reflected in your elegant code that other developers emulate.
- Have an exceptional understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and service workers
What You Should Have
- 5+ years’ experience developing rich UI/Front-end for user-facing web applications.
- Strong experience with React or Angular, TypeScript, SSR, SPA, PWA, OOP, Reactive programming, Flexbox, and Unit tests
- Ability to function as a project leader as well as an individual contributor.
- Ability to work and collaborate within distributed, multidisciplinary teams.
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills.
- Experience in developing secure web applications and knowledge of application vulnerabilities such as Cross Site Scripting (XSS), Cross Site Request Forgery (CSRF) etc.
- High bar for quality and phenomenal attention to detail.
- Knowledge of browser quirks and their remedies. By the way, we do not support Internet Explorer (any version).
- React 17 / Angular 13 / Svelte / TypeScript
- Jest / testing-library / Karma / Cypress
- Nx.dev for monorepo tooling
- Ruby on Rails on the backend
- GraphQL for APIs
- PostgreSQL / Elasticsearch / Redis / S3
Our Perks & Benefits
- We offer “Knerds” a variety of medical, dental, and vision plans, designed to fit you and your family’s needs
- 401K program to help you invest in your future
- Education & learning stipend for personal growth and development
- Fully remote position
- Flexible vacation time to promote a healthy work-life blend
- Paid parental leave to support you and your family
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Knowde upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.