Data & Architecture Specialist
We Breathe Life Into Data
At Komodo Health, our mission is to reduce the global burden of disease. And we believe that smarter use of data is essential to this mission. That’s why we built the Healthcare Map — the industry’s largest, most complete, precise view of the U.S. healthcare system — by combining de-identified, real-world patient data with innovative algorithms and decades of clinical experience. The Healthcare Map serves as our foundation for a powerful suite of software applications, helping us answer healthcare’s most complex questions for our partners. Across the healthcare ecosystem, we’re helping our clients unlock critical insights to track detailed patient behaviors and treatment patterns, identify gaps in care, address unmet patient needs, and reduce the global burden of disease.
As we pursue these goals, it remains essential to us that we stay grounded in our values: be awesome, seek growth, deliver “wow,” and enjoy the ride. At Komodo, you will be joining a team of ambitious, supportive Dragons with diverse backgrounds but a shared passion to deliver on our mission to reduce the burden of disease — and enjoy the journey along the way.
The Opportunity at Komodo Health
Komodo Health is rapidly growing and expanding our infrastructure stack and adopting new database technologies. You will be joining the Infrastructure & SRE team. We build, operate, and constantly improve our cloud native stack based on Snowflake / Databricks / PostgreSQL / AWS / Kubernetes / Terraform / ArgoCD / Github Actions.
The team is helping engineering teams in their journey on databases and AI technologies such as Databricks and Snowflake. Experience with Databricks is a major plus.
You will work in an international context (USA, UK, France) with passionate people to accomplish our goal: to reduce the global burden of disease.
Looking back on your first 12 months at Komodo Health, you will have…
- Built and operated modern databases and datalake technologies (Snowflake, Databricks)
- Optimized costs through query performance improvements, storage management, and the implementation of best practices
- Built and operated cloud native infrastructure based on public cloud providers (AWS / GCP / Azure)
- Advocated for Infrastructure as Code (IaC) principles from project inception
- Significantly improved your problem solving, software design, product management, and debugging skills
- Collaborated closely with cross-functional teams, including data scientists, developers, security, and architecture, to address their daily challenges
- Built centralized observability infrastructure
- Participated in an on-call rotation to ensure the reliability and availability of our systems
Some of the projects we are currently working on :
- Databricks usage expansion
- Snowflake cost optimization
- AI/ML pipelines
- We are waiting for you to define more projects
What you bring to Komodo Health:
- Passion: we hope you are passionate about our mission and technology
- Your way to go: you build it, you run it !
- Experience with learning by doing
- Experience with Databricks (or Snowflake)
- Developer approach: create Terraform topology or create a script by using Python, Go, Bash
- Experience in containerization: Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience with cloud and big-data tools and frameworks like Spark, Airflow, Snowflake, and so on
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines. Knowledge of basic concepts and their applications. Experience in one CI/CD tool: Harness, Travis, CircleCI, GitHub Actions, Jenkins
- Ability to operate in fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
Where You’ll Work
Komodo Health has a hybrid work model; we recognize the power of choice and importance of flexibility for the well-being of both our company and our individual Dragons. Roles may be completely remote based anywhere in the country listed, remote but based in a specific region, or local (commuting distance) to one of our hubs in San Francisco, New York City, or Chicago with remote work options.
What We Offer
On top of our commitment to providing competitive, fair pay for all roles at Komodo Health, we’re proud to offer robust and inclusive benefits to all Dragons at Komodo Health. We offer global time off programs, extensive internal and external career development and learning opportunities, multiple affinity groups celebrating our team’s diversity, and an annual wellness and productivity stipend to support you in being your healthiest, best self.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Komodo Health provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type with regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.