Strategic Sales Engineer (East)
At Lacework, we strive to provide a supportive, collaborative environment where people are empowered to do the best work of their careers.
Our team members enjoy solving complex problems, big sky thinking, and obsess over getting the details right. We love what we do and are proud of our work to secure clouds and container environments for thousands of users worldwide.
Lacework is looking for a Senior Sales Engineer - Strategic East. This role is a critical function of the Lacework sales team. In this position, you'll work closely with our Regional Sales Managers and play a key role in winning deals and driving the business forward. You'll be a trusted technical advisor to Fortune 500 enterprises within the North America East region. The role requires excellent technical, communication, and organizational skills, and previous experience with cloud service providers and security architectures. You will help prospective customers and partners understand the benefits of Lacework, explaining technical features and problem-solving any potential roadblocks.
- Act as a trusted technical and business advisor, recommending security best practices, cloud architecture, platforms and application infrastructure required to successfully implement a complete cloud security solution based on Lacework.
- Own the technical sales process, working in tandem with your regional sales manager to identify, qualify and scope opportunities, build and execute on account and territory plans, and execute proof-of-value engagements as needed to convert opportunities into technical wins.
- Constantly building and maintaining strong relationships with key customer stakeholders as well as the reseller partners and internal Lacework resources who all contribute to the success of your customers
- Deliver demos to customers and work hands-on with customers to demonstrate Lacework’s value in customer/partner environments.
- Bring constructive feedback from customers to product management to improve the Lacework solution.
- 7+ years of customer facing experience as a senior level Sales Engineer, preferably supporting large strategic accounts.
- Execution-oriented mindset and the ability to drive decisions to customer satisfaction
- Ability to quickly learn, understand, and work with new emerging technologies, methodologies and solutions in the cloud/IT technology space.
- Strong problem solving skills, ability to analyze complex multivariate problems and use a systematic approach to gain quick resolution, often under pressure
- Experience working with cloud computing environments (ex. technical sales, devops, security, sales engineering or similar role)
- Experience with Azure, AWS, or GCP
- Experience presenting and delivering value based technical demos to architects and technical staff
- Familiarity with modern cloud environments, e.g. containerized workloads, serverless computing, and microservices architectures
Bonus Points If You Have
- Azure, AWS, or GCP certifications
- Experience in and understanding of cloud deployments--especially as relates to security and compliance
- Previous DevOps/DevSecOps experience
- Previous compliance audit experience
- Previous experience working with Fortune 500 enterprises
Comp: Salary Range: $142,500 - $180,000 USD Annually + Bonus + Equity + Benefits (including health, dental, wellness reimbursement, BetterUp coaching/learning programs, and more)
Lacework is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of Lacework to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons, regardless of age, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, political affiliations, marital status, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, age, sexual orientation, membership, or non-membership in an employee organization, or on the basis of personal favoritism or other non-merit factors, except where otherwise provided by law
Something looks off?