Senior Technical Accountant
IT, Accounting & Finance
Posted on Friday, October 13, 2023
Lead Bank is a chartered banking-as-a-service platform for builders and innovators. Despite broader economic headwinds, the continued proliferation of fintech companies and a 20x increase in fintech investment ($20.5 billion in 2020) signals that the market’s interest in embedding financial services products into their offerings is resilient and sustainable. Whether it’s a travel company that wants to offer credit for an expensive trip, a social network that wants to enable in-feed shopping solutions, or an ecommerce platform that wants to provide client rewards cards, the broader tech ecosystem has enjoyed a step-change in the sophistication, variety and complexity of client-facing products they can offer. This means that the underlying infrastructure powering those fintechs needs to evolve to meet these modern demands.
While fintech companies continue pushing boundaries, they have largely accepted that directly integrating with banks is costly, time-consuming and operationally burdensome. This frustration comes in many forms: gaps in technical acumen, product scalability, client risk appetite, and company culture. These gaps clearly illustrate the need for a new paradigm in banking technology.
Lead Bank is bridging those gaps. We see a massive opportunity for a tech-savvy developer-focused bank to augment a sophisticated financial services platform with the compliance, regulatory, capital markets, and legal expertise required to help our clients succeed. Come join us on our journey.
Role Description: This role will serve as a subject matter expert for the Company’s product finance function, assisting team leadership with tasks such as program implementation, complex reconciliation development, problem solving, client relations, and program reporting. In addition to supporting the Company's BaaS accounting and finance functions, this role will also have cross-functionality to support and backup the corporate accounting and finance functions. This role will require significant coordination and communication with both external and internal stakeholders, such as Product, Compliance, Legal, and Engineering.
In this role you will:
- Work with CFO and team leadership as needed for administrative assistance and projects while reporting to the Accounting Manager
- Serve as a subject matter expert for technical accounting integrations related to BaaS programs and other systems that might integrate into the team
- Assist in management and development of daily, weekly, and monthly reconciliations related to general ledger accounts and Banking as a Service (BaaS) programs and prepare related entries
- Serve as a primary point of contact between Accounting and Product, Engineering, Compliance teams related to BaaS program implementations and management
- Backup certain duties in the accounting team, such as but not limited to accounts payable, fixed assets maintenance, prepaid maintenance, accruals, general ledger entry processing and general ledger system maintenance
- Determine appropriate data conflict reporting and solve various data conflicts as they arise
- Track and manage miscellaneous projects as assigned by Accounting Leaders
- Work with various teams to promote process improvements and efficiencies through data use cases and automatization
- Assist in development of reporting and dashboards for daily operational use and management reporting
- Develop reporting that supports analytical needs for various teams
- Serve as a team champion for system application programs used, such a Google Workspace, Jira, Intelligence Workplace/Prologue, Excel/Sheets, PowerBI, SQL, or other system applications
- All other duties as assigned
- 3-5 years of accounting/finance experience
- Experience working in a deadline oriented, fast paced environment strongly preferred
- Strong judgment, instincts, attention to detail and analytical skills
- Willingness to take on new challenges in a fast-paced startup environment
- Strong organizational skills with experience in managing multiple time-sensitive projects simultaneously
- Self starter, engaged, proactive and ready to roll up your sleeves
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Client obsessed mentality
What we offer:
- At Lead, we design our benefits to support company culture and principles, to foster an efficient and inspiring work environment, and to create the conditions for our team to give their best in both work and life
- Competitive compensation, including opportunities for equity grants and cash bonus, based on experience, geographic location, and role
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, 401k Matching, and other wellness benefits, including FSA, HSA and HRA
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible vacation policy, including PTO and paid holidays
- A fun and challenging team environment in a dynamic industry with ample opportunities for career growth
*Lead Bank is proud to have an inclusive culture committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity in all employment decisions regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
*Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
*Pursuant to the Los Angeles County Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
*Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. Pay is based on a number of factors and may vary depending on geographical market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone 1: $115,000 - $145,000 (SF/Bay Area, NYC, Seattle, LA)
Zone 2: $95,000 - $112,000 (Austin, Boston, Chicago, Denver, San Diego, DC)
Zone 3: $82,000 - $95,000 (Other US Metros)