Posted on Wednesday, October 18, 2023
Lead Bank is a chartered banking-as-a-service platform for builders and innovators. Despite broader economic headwinds, the continued proliferation of fintech companies and a 20x increase in fintech investment ($20.5 billion in 2020) signals that the market’s interest in embedding financial services products into their offerings is resilient and sustainable. Whether it’s a travel company that wants to offer credit for an expensive trip, a social network that wants to enable in-feed shopping solutions, or an ecommerce platform that wants to provide client rewards cards, the broader tech ecosystem has enjoyed a step-change in the sophistication, variety and complexity of client-facing products they can offer. This means that the underlying infrastructure powering those fintechs needs to evolve to meet these modern demands.
While fintech companies continue pushing boundaries, they have largely accepted that directly integrating with banks is costly, time-consuming and operationally burdensome. This frustration comes in many forms: gaps in technical acumen, product scalability, client risk appetite, and company culture. These gaps clearly illustrate the need for a new paradigm in banking technology.
Lead Bank is bridging those gaps. We see a massive opportunity for a tech-savvy developer-focused bank to augment a sophisticated financial services platform with the compliance, regulatory, capital markets, and legal expertise required to help our clients succeed. Come join us on our journey.
Role Description: We are seeking a Program Manager to oversee the program lifecycle of all Banking-as-a-Service (BaaS) fintech partnerships from early stage business development conversations to partner sunsetting. This includes, but is not limited to, establishing scalable mechanisms for reporting and operationalizing key BaaS processes that elevate the client experience. This role will also be accountable for project management of partner onboarding and ongoing oversight. The ideal candidate will be comfortable working independently in a fast-paced, multi-tasked, high energy environment. The candidate will be comfortable driving client-facing conversations, as well as working closely with internal stakeholders ie: product & technology, compliance & legal and operations. Additionally this individual will have the opportunity to interface with c-suite executives, fintech founders and executives and create partnerships internally and externally. Ultimately, the Program Manager will be motivated by a desire to optimize the client experience and deliver results.
In this role you will:
- Lead and coordinate external and internal facing BaaS partnership meetings, inclusive of managing deliverables, action items, ongoing requests and tracking progress of BaaS Partner implementation
- Manage ongoing program management cross-functionally across all domain areas to ensure program risks or progress metrics are appropriately tracked
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of program and project management governance materials, including ongoing refinement of initial requests, due diligence, ongoing program management or other internal frameworks
- Assist in the creation and ongoing management of BaaS partnership metrics and reporting (including program onboarding status, dependencies or roadblocks)
- Manage communication of progress/status with the Executive Team, Program Leads and other project stakeholders both external and internal, including identifying project risks and facilitating mitigation of those risks
- Evaluate current operational processes and procedures to ensure compliance with industry best practices
- Build tactical and scalable solutions for operational teams to manage compliance tasks and risks
- Maintain awareness of regulatory developments, industry trends and roadmap decisions that may have an impact to the Bank or our partners.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 2 years of financial services experience
- At least 3 years of project or program management experience
- Experiencing working in technology, financial services or fintech
- Extremely detail oriented and able to confidently communicate with internal and external stakeholders
- An ability to distill complex issues into solvable and actionable tasks
- Ability to execute independently and work with team members of all levels
- Adaptability in an agile and fast-paced environment
- Intellectually curious with the self motivation to ask questions and problem solve
What we offer:
- At Lead, we design our benefits to support company culture and principles, to foster an efficient and inspiring work environment, and to create the conditions for our team to give their best in both work and life
- Competitive compensation, including opportunities for equity grants and cash bonus, based on experience, geographic location, and role
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, 401k Matching, and other wellness benefits, including FSA, HSA and HRA
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible vacation policy, including PTO and paid holidays
- A fun and challenging team environment in a dynamic industry with ample opportunities for career growth
*Lead Bank is proud to have an inclusive culture committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity in all employment decisions regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
*Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
*Pursuant to the Los Angeles County Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
**Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. Pay is based on a number of factors and may vary depending on geographical market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone 1: $90,000 - $115,000 (SF/Bay Area, NYC, Seattle, LA)
Zone 2: $85,000 - $103,000 (Austin, Boston, Chicago, Denver, San Diego, DC)
Zone 3: $83,000 - $100,000 (Other US Metros)