Financial Crimes Analyst II
IT, Accounting & Finance
Blue Springs, MO, USA
Posted on Wednesday, October 25, 2023
Lead Bank is a chartered banking-as-a-service platform for builders and innovators. Despite broader economic headwinds, the continued proliferation of fintech companies and a 20x increase in fintech investment ($20.5 billion in 2020) signals that the market’s interest in embedding financial services products into their offerings is resilient and sustainable. Whether it’s a travel company that wants to offer credit for an expensive trip, a social network that wants to enable in-feed shopping solutions, or an ecommerce platform that wants to provide client rewards cards, the broader tech ecosystem has enjoyed a step-change in the sophistication, variety and complexity of client-facing products they can offer. This means that the underlying infrastructure powering those fintechs needs to evolve to meet these modern demands.
While fintech companies continue pushing boundaries, they have largely accepted that directly integrating with banks is costly, time-consuming and operationally burdensome. This frustration comes in many forms: gaps in technical acumen, product scalability, client risk appetite, and company culture. These gaps clearly illustrate the need for a new paradigm in banking technology.
Lead Bank is bridging those gaps. We see a massive opportunity for a tech-savvy developer-focused bank to augment a sophisticated financial services platform with the compliance, regulatory, capital markets, and legal expertise required to help our clients succeed. Come join us on our journey.
Role Description: The Financial Crimes Analyst II will be responsible for conducting investigations into suspicious activity of our core banking clients and Fintech partnerships. You will partner with bank staff to research and review possible suspicious activity reported by bank staff including fraud, money laundering, and structuring of cash.
In this role you will:
- Research and review possible suspicious activity reported by bank staff
- Conduct investigations into suspicious activity of core bank clients and fintech partnerships
- Be a front facing subject matter expert to the Bank’s digital asset clients and fintech partners
- Perform onboarding risk reviews of both high risk clients and fintech partnerships
- Perform ongoing EDD for all bank clients, including fintech partnerships
- Complete and file SARs (suspicious activity reports) to ensure that they are properly documented with related narrative and thorough case documentation, including but not limited to, customer statements, due diligence documents, and transaction images
- Use the Bank’s BSA software to monitor suspicious activity including money laundering, structuring, and potential fraud
- Provide support and BSA subject matter expertise to bank staff members helping them understand BSA requirements as they relate to their job function
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Have at least 3-5 years of banking BSA experience with another financial institution or with another fintech
- Preferred CBAP, CAFP, or CAMs certifications
- Preferred experience with Unit21, Verafin, or other technology focused AML software
- Preferred having direct experience with digital asset entities
- You are a self starter who is able to be a part of a deadline driven department
- Bring an analytical mindset with the ability to process, solve, and answer most complex client transactions, problems, and inquiries due to fraudulent activity
- Bring strong communication skills to work with all Lead Bank departments
- Are curious, have humility, are open to learning and approach your work with a growth mindset
- Thrive working in a fluid environment with high autonomy
- Love to collaborate to get to the best, most efficient outcome
- Embody the growth mindset and bring a self-driven and self-starter mentality to your work
What we offer:
- At Lead, we design our benefits to support company culture and principles, to foster an efficient and inspiring work environment, and to create the conditions for our team to give their best in both work and life
- Competitive compensation, including opportunities for equity grants and cash bonus, based on experience, geographic location, and role
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, 401k Matching, and other wellness benefits, including FSA, HSA and HRA
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible vacation policy, including PTO and paid holidays
- A fun and challenging team environment in a dynamic industry with ample opportunities for career growth
*Lead Bank is proud to have an inclusive culture committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity in all employment decisions regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
*Our compensation reflects the cost of labor for the Kansas City market. The base pay for this position ranges from $56,000/year to $65,000/year. Pay is based on a number of factors including location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.