Operations Specialist I
Blue Springs, MO, USA
Posted on Saturday, November 18, 2023
Lead Bank is a chartered banking-as-a-service platform for builders and innovators. Despite broader economic headwinds, the continued proliferation of fintech companies and a 20x increase in fintech investment ($20.5 billion in 2020) signals that the market’s interest in embedding financial services products into their offerings is resilient and sustainable. Whether it’s a travel company that wants to offer credit for an expensive trip, a social network that wants to enable in-feed shopping solutions, or an ecommerce platform that wants to provide client rewards cards, the broader tech ecosystem has enjoyed a step-change in the sophistication, variety and complexity of client-facing products they can offer. This means that the underlying infrastructure powering those fintechs needs to evolve to meet these modern demands.
While fintech companies continue pushing boundaries, they have largely accepted that directly integrating with banks is costly, time-consuming and operationally burdensome. This frustration comes in many forms: gaps in technical acumen, product scalability, client risk appetite, and company culture. These gaps clearly illustrate the need for a new paradigm in banking technology.
Lead Bank is bridging those gaps. We see a massive opportunity for a tech-savvy developer-focused bank to augment a sophisticated financial services platform with the compliance, regulatory, capital markets, and legal expertise required to help our clients succeed. Come join us on our journey.
Role Description: The Operations Specialist I will develop a high level of understanding of operational processes, procedures and applications. The Operations Specialist I will assist in developing procedures, application support and training bank staff.
In this role you will:
- Be knowledgeable in all banking applications
- Be responsible for providing assistance to staff with any questions, resolving issues and enhancing products
- Troubleshoot application errors and issues
- Provide timely support to staff and clients
- Provide training on applications and processes to staff members
- Be responsible for timely and accurate monthly reporting and analytics
- Run reports using Business Analytics
- Participate and provide updates to the Operations Committee
- Set up new users, resetting passwords and deleting access when necessary
- Identify and provide suggestions for more efficient and effective processes within Department
- Perform account cleanup on users, products and codes when necessary
- All other duties as assigned
- A minimum of 1-2 years of banking experience
- Strong project management skills and management of development, maintenance and support team
- Client first mentality
- Strong judgment, instincts and analytical skills
- Willingness to take on new challenges in a fast-paced startup environment
- Strong organizational skills with experience in managing multiple time-sensitive projects simultaneously
- Self starter, engaged, proactive and ready to roll up your sleeves
What we offer:
- At Lead, we design our benefits to support company culture and principles, to foster an efficient and inspiring work environment, and to create the conditions for our team to give their best in both work and life
- Competitive compensation, including opportunities for equity grants and cash bonus, based on experience, geographic location, and role
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, 401k Matching, and other wellness benefits, including FSA, HSA and HRA
- Paid parental leaveFlexible vacation policy, including PTO and paid holidays
- A fun and challenging team environment in a dynamic industry with ample opportunities for career growth
*Lead Bank is proud to have an inclusive culture committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity in all employment decisions regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.