Posted on Thursday, January 11, 2024
Lead Bank is a chartered banking-as-a-service platform for builders and innovators. Despite broader economic headwinds, the continued proliferation of fintech companies and a 20x increase in fintech investment ($20.5 billion in 2020) signals that the market’s interest in embedding financial services products into their offerings is resilient and sustainable. Whether it’s a travel company that wants to offer credit for an expensive trip, a social network that wants to enable in-feed shopping solutions, or an ecommerce platform that wants to provide client rewards cards, the broader tech ecosystem has enjoyed a step-change in the sophistication, variety and complexity of client-facing products they can offer. This means that the underlying infrastructure powering those fintechs needs to evolve to meet these modern demands.
While fintech companies continue pushing boundaries, they have largely accepted that directly integrating with banks is costly, time-consuming and operationally burdensome. This frustration comes in many forms: gaps in technical acumen, product scalability, client risk appetite, and company culture. These gaps clearly illustrate the need for a new paradigm in banking technology.
Lead Bank is bridging those gaps. We see a massive opportunity for a tech-savvy developer-focused bank to augment a sophisticated financial services platform with the compliance, regulatory, capital markets, and legal expertise required to help our clients succeed. Come join us on our journey.
Role Description: The Systems Engineer will lead our efforts to define and implement the next generation of enterprise system infrastructure, preferably in the public cloud, while managing and maintaining our current infrastructure and systems. This is a high impact role that will require deep systems expertise with multiple operating systems, virtualization technologies, and operating enterprise infrastructure in the public cloud.
In this role you will:
- Design and implement our next-generation enterprise infrastructure in the public cloud (AWS or Azure) and seamlessly migrate the existing services
- Provide technical direction and support for the current enterprise systems, including Windows, MacOS, linux systems, Nutanix Hypervisor clusters and virtual infrastructure.
- Lead the effort in improving our Citrix environment and develop a migration path to cloud- native workloads
- Serve as the subject-matter expert for performance/scaling bottlenecks, and troubleshoot and resolve critical system issues
- Implement and maintain technologies to manage systems (MDM, systems managers in cloud, backups, image management, etc.)
- Partner with business unit and development team SMEs to develop best -practices that can be proactively incorporated into architectural and engineering designs
- Ensure compliance of enterprise systems with the defined standards for regulated IT environments, and actively participate in IT audits and exams
- Partner with the InfoSec team to proactively monitor and resolve IT security issues
- Work after hours and on weekends as required
- 10+ years of deep systems experience with Windows OS, MacOS and Linux
- 5+ years of experience with Virtual Machine and/or Hypervisor technologies
- 3+ years of experience with public cloud technology (AWS or Azure preferred)
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work cross-functionally to align stakeholders on the goals and deliverables
- Ability to collaborate/compromise to get to the best, most efficient outcome
- Have humility and thrive working in a fluid, high-growth environment with high autonomy
- Prior experience in the financial or similar highly regulated industry.
What we offer:
- At Lead, we design our benefits to support company culture and principles, to foster an efficient and inspiring work environment, and to create the conditions for our team to give their best in both work and life
- Competitive compensation, including opportunities for equity grants and cash bonus, based on experience, geographic location, and role
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, 401k Matching, and other wellness benefits, including FSA, HSA and HRA
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible vacation policy, including PTO and paid holidays
- A fun and challenging team environment in a dynamic industry with ample opportunities for career growth
*Lead Bank is proud to have an inclusive culture committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity in all employment decisions regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
*Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
*Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. Pay is based on a number of factors and may vary depending on geographical market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone 1: $120,000 - $170,000 (SF/Bay Area, NYC, Seattle, LA)
Zone 2: $110,000 - $162,000 (Austin, Boston, Chicago, Denver, San Diego, DC)
Zone 3: $100,000 - $155,000 (Other US Metros)