Enterprise Risk Management Sr. Analyst
Posted on Saturday, January 20, 2024
Lead Bank is a chartered banking-as-a-service platform for builders and innovators. Despite broader economic headwinds, the continued proliferation of fintech companies and a 20x increase in fintech investment ($20.5 billion in 2020) signals that the market’s interest in embedding financial services products into their offerings is resilient and sustainable. Whether it’s a travel company that wants to offer credit for an expensive trip, a social network that wants to enable in-feed shopping solutions, or an ecommerce platform that wants to provide client rewards cards, the broader tech ecosystem has enjoyed a step-change in the sophistication, variety and complexity of client-facing products they can offer. This means that the underlying infrastructure powering those fintechs needs to evolve to meet these modern demands.
While fintech companies continue pushing boundaries, they have largely accepted that directly integrating with banks is costly, time-consuming and operationally burdensome. This frustration comes in many forms: gaps in technical acumen, product scalability, client risk appetite, and company culture. These gaps clearly illustrate the need for a new paradigm in banking technology.
Lead Bank is bridging those gaps. We see a massive opportunity for a tech-savvy developer-focused bank to augment a sophisticated financial services platform with the compliance, regulatory, capital markets, and legal expertise required to help our clients succeed. Come join us on our journey.
In this role you will:
- Support the Enterprise Risk team by enhancing and executing on various aspects of the Bank’s Enterprise Risk Management framework
- Assist with identifying, assessing and monitoring various risks faced by Lead Bank
- Assist with enhancing and executing on the bank’s annual Enterprise Risk Assessment framework
- Develop and execute the Bank’s risk assessment activities pertaining to its BaaS partners
- Develop and maintain risk appetite statements, along with associated Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Key Risk Indicators (KRIs)
- Create and maintain risk dashboard in spreadsheets and business intelligence/analytics tools
- Perform reviews of BaaS partner risk frameworks, including their risk assessment strategies and third-party risk management programs
- Assist with developing remediation plans for controls owned by the Bank or its BaaS partners following risk assessment activities
- Prepare reporting of enterprise risk activities for management and the board of directors
- Support Enterprise Risk in other projects, including maintaining risk registers, control documentation, and issue management
- Maintain knowledge of all US banking regulatory and supervisory requirements pertaining to enterprise risk (i.e. FDIC, FFIEC etc.)
- Monitor for changing regulatory requirements that may impact enterprise risk management and BaaS partner risk management practices
- Participate in cross-functional special projects as directed
- Build and maintain collaborative business relationships with various departments within the bank
- Bring a customer-service attitude to both internal employees and external partner and stakeholders
- Occasional travel to Kansas City or other key Lead Bank locations (i.e. SF, NYC) as needed
- Perform all other duties as assigned
What we are looking for:
- 3-5 years experience in performing risk management functions, especially risk assessments and building control frameworks
- Proficiency with third-party risk management and/or Banking-as-a-Service a strong plus
- Proficiency with building and maintaining Enterprise Risk Management Frameworks (i.e. COSO)
- Strong data management abilities, including developing risk assessment metrics, tools and formulas
- Proficiency with business intelligence/analytics tools (i.e. Power BI, Tableau etc.)
- Ability to query data from databases a strong plus
- Extremely detail oriented and able to confidently communicate with internal and external stakeholders
- An ability to distill complex issues into solvable and actionable tasks
- Ability to execute independently and work with team members of all levels
- Adaptability in an agile and fast-paced environment
What we offer:
- At Lead, we design our benefits to support company culture and principles, to foster an efficient and inspiring work environment, and to create the conditions for our team to give their best in both work and life
- Competitive compensation, including opportunities for equity grants and cash bonus, based on experience, geographic location, and role
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, 401k Matching, and other wellness benefits, including FSA, HSA and HRA
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible vacation policy, including PTO and paid holidays
- A fun and challenging team environment in a dynamic industry with ample opportunities for career growth
*Lead Bank is proud to have an inclusive culture committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity in all employment decisions regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
*Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
**Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. Pay is based on a number of factors and may vary depending on geographical market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone 1: $80,000 - $110,000 (SF/Bay Area, NYC, Seattle, LA)
Zone 2: $73,000 - $99,000 (Austin, Boston, Chicago, Denver, San Diego, DC)
Zone 3: $65,000 - $89,000 (Other US Metros)