Lightspark is the easiest, most reliable, enterprise-grade gateway to the Lightning Network, enabling money to move just like bits and bytes do on the Internet. Lightspark services aim to be the fastest, lowest cost, easiest and most reliable way to send and receive payments globally using Lightning. We want to deliver open payments for the Internet at scale and we’re laser-focused on solving real problems for our customers with best-in-class innovative software solutions. We aim to help businesses around the world benefit from real time payments and build amazing new experiences for themselves and their customers. Lightspark is headquartered in Los Angeles but serving the world.
We are looking for engineers who thrive in entrepreneurial environments, enjoy writing and shipping code fast, and can help us build out a great culture of engineering excellence. We’re looking for people who are passionate about building world-changing software and solving complex problems to further our mission, as well as having fun along the way.
As an iOS Engineer at Lightspark, you will play a key role in designing, developing, and maintaining high-quality iOS applications and SDKs that push the boundaries of user experience and performance. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams including designers, product managers, and backend engineers to deliver exceptional mobile solutions. Your expertise will drive technical decisions and contribute to the evolution of our development practices.
What you'll be doing:
- Architect, design, and implement complex and user-friendly iOS applications and SDKs for our customers.
- Collaborate with product and design teams to translate requirements into technical specifications and user-friendly interfaces.
- Write clean, efficient, and maintainable code while adhering to best practices and coding standards.
- Optimize application and SDK performance and troubleshoot issues to ensure a seamless user experience.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest iOS development trends, technologies, and best practices.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of our development processes and workflows.
- Work closely with backend engineers to integrate APIs and ensure seamless communication between front-end and back-end systems.
- Develop strategies to facilitate comprehensive testing and release of bug-free code.
- Participate in architectural discussions and provide insights to shape the technical direction of projects.
What we are looking for:
- 2+ years of iOS development using Swift and/or Objective-C.
- Strong knowledge of iOS frameworks, UIKit, platform build tools like Xcode, and/or other relevant technologies.
- Familiarity working with various backend APIs - we use GraphQL, but deep GraphQL knowledge is not required.
- Solid understanding of software design principles, patterns, and best practices.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and a passion for tackling technical challenges.
- Experience communicating and collaborating across technical and other cross functional teams.
- A passion for learning and always improving your skill set.
- CS degree, or equivalent is ideal but not required. We appreciate and acknowledge that some of the best talent comes from non-traditional backgrounds.
- Experience building and releasing SDKs.
- A passion for building and maintaining open source projects.
- Strong communication skills to write clear documentation and help real customers work through issues
Lightspark is on a mission to build an open payment protocol for the Internet at scale and therefore we’re committed to creating a more inclusive and diverse workplace to reflect the customers we serve. We welcome interest from individuals of all backgrounds and levels of experience who share our mission. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.