Head of Developer Experience - Partners & Ecosystem
Lightspark is the easiest, most reliable, enterprise-grade gateway to the Lightning Network, enabling money to move just like bits and bytes do on the Internet. Lightspark services aim to be the fastest, lowest cost, easiest and most reliable way to send and receive payments globally using Lightning. We want to deliver open payments for the Internet at scale and we’re laser-focused on solving real problems for our customers with best-in-class innovative software solutions. We aim to help businesses around the world benefit from real time payments and build amazing new experiences for themselves and their customers. Lightspark is headquartered in Los Angeles but serving the world.
Lightspark is seeking a Head of Developer Experience for Partner & Ecosystem Platforms who will operate at the convergence of Product, Engineering, and Business Relationship teams. This role will be pivotal in leading a cross-functional team focused on enhancing partner engagement and creating an incredible partner and developer experience. This will be everything from developing a seamless top-tier onboarding process for Partner developer teams, integrating both new and existing partners, providing user-friendly tools, and delivering best-in-class support.
You will focus on growing the Lightspark ecosystem requiring both partner recruitment and ongoing relationship management. You will drive mission critical projects to rapidly expand the Lightspark Partner ecosystem and develop new tools to integrate partners (e.g., plugins). Furthermore, your role is pivotal in promoting developer adoption on the Lightspark platform and enhancing Developer Community Engagement.
What you'll be doing:
- Manage Lightspark’s most critical product partnerships, with a focus on driving the execution of joint initiatives and launching new offerings to benefit Lightspark partners
- Ensure best-in-class, methodical partner and deal management rooted in milestone management, KPIs and alignment on opportunities of mutual interest
- Leverage industry knowledge to craft thoughtful partner onboarding tools & developer portals documentation.
- Gather inputs from and coordinate with internal cross-functional stakeholders (including risk, compliance, product, engineering) to drive creation and execution of partner (and related product) strategy
- Identify partner stakeholders who will champion Lightspark and Lightning Network within the community, educate them about Lightspark’s value proposition, and build alignment between Lightspark and our partner’s executive teams
- Manage strategic planning and negotiation/expansion with our Ecosystem Platforms integration partner(s) as well as negotiate complex first of kind deals
- Manage multiple stakeholders with varying priorities and drive creative solutions and commitment to a shared goal
- Uses strategic and product creativity to collaborate with Lightspark leaders to develop new partner models for Lightspark products
- Exhibits an technical and operationally focused mindset, with an ability to lead teams through complex relationship management activities by setting a clear vision, and running tight processes
What we're looking for:
- 10+ years of experience in Developer Experience roles in B2B2C businesses ideally in ecosystems, payments or marketplaces
- Background in Technical Partnerships or experience in a sales or go to market role preferably in the payments or SaaS space is preferred
- Thorough understanding of product partnership dynamics and technical integration tools
- Proven ability to navigate technical requirements and workflows
- Experience negotiating commercial deals with technology partners, including scaling such deals across multiple platforms
- Experience working in a product centric environments with significant internal and external dependencies
- A degree in Computer Science is ideal but not required. We value talent from diverse backgrounds.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to influence stakeholders internally and externally across a wide variety of functions, including at the C level
Lightspark is on a mission to build an open payment protocol for the Internet at scale and therefore we’re committed to creating a more inclusive and diverse workplace to reflect the customers we serve. We welcome interest from individuals of all backgrounds and levels of experience who share our mission. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.