Senior Engineering Program Manager
Software Engineering, Operations
Posted on Tuesday, March 14, 2023
Lime is the world's largest shared electric vehicle company. We’re on a mission to build a future where transportation is shared, affordable and carbon-free. Our electric bikes and scooters have powered 400+ million rides in 250+ cities on 5 continents, replacing an estimated 100+ million car trips. Named a Time 100 Most Influential Company and Fast Company Brand That Matters, we achieved a fully profitable year in 2022, becoming the first in our industry to reach this milestone.
As a Sr. Engineering Program Manager at Lime, you stand on a unique bridge between hardware, firmware and software development. You will take charge of the program development process for an early-stage startup making a real impact in people's day-to-day lives. In this role, you will work closely with a dynamic group of hardware engineers, software engineers, designers, analysts, and other cross functional team members from across the company. You'll have a unique opportunity to define a product that explores uncharted territory using creative IoT technologies and community-centered business strategies.
What You'll Do:
- Meet with our management, product and hardware team regularly and discuss our launch plans.
- Collaborate with product teams and collect feature requirements.
- Prioritize feature requirements and projects using structured analysis.
- Transform obscure feature requirements into precise technique terminologies.
- Work with our global cross functional teams on project planning, product design & developments, validation, release for mass production, and/or manage sustaining related projects
- Hold teams accountable for deliverables.
- Manage multiple projects efficiently.
- Identify blockers and proactively work with stakeholders on solutions.
- Focus on the impact of projects with a quantitative mindset.
- Define and track the system dashboards on a daily basis. Identify and communicate system issues in a timely manner.
- Track budget and spending on each project closely.
- Report out project status clearly and concisely to all levels
- 5+ years of experience as a technical project/program manager, or similar role, with Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Industrial Engineering background. New product development experience in the micro mobility industry is preferred.
- Strong communication skills and able to work with global teams in different time zones - US, Europe, East Asia. Fluent in Mandarin is a plus.
- Analytical abilities: You have a data-centered learning style, and are familiar with SQL. Familiarity with wireless technology is a plus.
- A reciprocal approach: Track record of delivering results with a variety of teams
- Bold spirit: You're a self-starter and get things across the finish line
- Efficiency: Familiarity with productivity tools, and the ability to stay organized
- Hustle: You thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Operational mindset: You have worked in an operations-heavy environment and understand operational needs from a product perspective
- Excitement: You’re passionate about Lime's mission, mobility, and the urban landscape
The anticipated salary range for this position is $128,000.00 - $168,000.00. Equity and benefits may be provided as part of the compensation package, depending on the position offered. Not all candidates will be eligible for the upper end of the salary range. Exact salary will ultimately depend on multiple factors, which may include the successful candidate's skills, experience and other qualifications as well as the candidate's location of residence. In addition to base salary, some roles may be eligible for a variable bonus based on a combination of company performance, employee performance, and management discretion.
When you join Lime, you join a global community of smart, caring, talented individuals working together to deliver world-changing results; striving to create an experience that enables Limers to do their best work. Here are some ways we support and invest in our team:
Competitive salaries, performance-based annual bonus and pre-IPO equity
Health and wellness offerings for all team members starting day one including access to top-tier fitness and mindfulness apps
Flexible vacation policies with ample paid holidays tailored to country of residence
Fully-paid leave following the birth or adoption of a child and financial, medical and educational support for Limers pursuing parenthood
Support for retirement and financial goals with unlimited access to financial advisors
Unlimited, complimentary use of our vehicles in hundreds of cities around the world
Professional growth opportunities through quarterly learning days and top-tier tools
Opportunities to connect across teams and locations to network, socialize and volunteer
Culture of belonging with Employee Resource Groups that engage and promote cultural awareness and DEI training across all functions
Consistent recognition of great work through meaningful rewards and career advancements
Benefits and perks vary depending on the nature of your employment and country of residence. Terms and conditions may apply.
If you want to make an impact, Lime is the place for you. Not sure if you meet all the qualifications? If this role excites you we encourage you to apply. Explore all opportunities on our career page.
Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer, but that’s just the start. We believe different perspectives help us grow and achieve more. That’s why we’re dedicated to hiring and developing the most talented and globally diverse team – which includes individuals with different backgrounds, abilities, identities and experiences.
See more open positions at Lime
Something looks off?