Chicago, IL, USA
Posted on Friday, May 26, 2023
Lime is the world's largest shared electric vehicle company. We’re on a mission to build a future where transportation is shared, affordable and carbon-free. Our electric bikes and scooters have powered 400+ million rides in 250+ cities on 5 continents, replacing an estimated 100+ million car trips. Named a Time 100 Most Influential Company and Fast Company Brand That Matters, we achieved a fully profitable year in 2022, becoming the first in our industry to reach this milestone.
We are looking for a General Manager to join our Operations team and own your market's performance and growth. In this role, you will own a full P&L and will manage a team while being a collaborative cross-functional partner across the organization.
The ideal candidate will have experience working in an evolving startup environment. You will be an in the moment problem solver with the ability to think about the short term and long term plan. You're energized about building and scaling and being part of a forward-thinking organization.
What you'll do:
- Own the P&L, team, and strategic direction for a large and complex market or region
- Be the operational expert for your region, champion operational excellence, own end-to-end operational improvements, advising teams and influencing innovation across the company
- Applying your deep understanding of the business manage revenue and cost line items to target
- Acts as the face of Lime to the region and partners with Government Relations team to develop policy and strategy for the region
- Attract and develop top-tier operational talent while cultivating a high-performing, values-driven culture backed by regular feedback, clear accountability, and proactive performance management
- Spearhead cross-functional strategies with a global impact and partnering cross-functionally to drive product and operational excellence organization wide
- Creatively manage resources utilizing rigorous business analysis to identify trends that enable you to implement strategic recommendations that enhance the business from both a short term and long term view point
- Create a fun, inclusive, and safe workplace; ensuring the safety of our staff, riders and vehicles while empowering experimentation and creativeness for the team to meet their goals
- 7+ years of work experience within an operations, management consultancy, financial or business analyst, or equivalent role in a startup or fast-paced technology business working in a highly cross-functionally Senior Management role that owned a P&L
- 5+ year of experience leading a team for a large and complex market or region including providing coaching and performance management while creating a culture of feedback and accountability; ability to attract, develop, and motivate top-tier operational talent that ideates on and executes operational excellence while guiding operational changes
- Demonstrated working knowledge of real-time marketplaces (supply and demand economics) and the ability to navigate, decode, and use data to build compelling narratives and reports with experience using Excel or Google Sheets
- Demonstrated skills in identifying and resolving complex problems, exercising good judgment in drawing conclusions, while navigating ambiguous environments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability flex your communication style to external and external stakeholders including the ability to C-Team members while utilizing data that effectively communicate short and long strategic operations solutions
- Detail oriented, process improvement focused, self motivated and energetic, with the drive and ability to learn new skills and grow with the role
- Knowledge and/or experience using SQL is preferred but not required
The anticipated salary range for this position is $101,000 - $135,000. Equity and benefits may be provided as part of the compensation package, depending on the position offered. Not all candidates will be eligible for the upper end of the salary range. Exact salary will ultimately depend on multiple factors, which may include the successful candidate's skills, experience and other qualifications as well as the candidate's location of residence. In addition to base salary, some roles may be eligible for a variable bonus based on a combination of company performance, employee performance, and management discretion.
When you join Lime, you join a global community of smart, caring, talented individuals working together to deliver world-changing results; striving to create an experience that enables Limers to do their best work. Here are some ways we support and invest in our team:
Competitive salaries, performance-based annual bonus and pre-IPO equity
Health and wellness offerings for all team members starting day one including access to top-tier fitness and mindfulness apps
Flexible vacation policies with ample paid holidays tailored to country of residence
Fully-paid leave following the birth or adoption of a child and financial, medical and educational support for Limers pursuing parenthood
Support for retirement and financial goals with unlimited access to financial advisors
Unlimited, complimentary use of our vehicles in hundreds of cities around the world
Professional growth opportunities through quarterly learning days and top-tier tools
Opportunities to connect across teams and locations to network, socialize and volunteer
Culture of belonging with Employee Resource Groups that engage and promote cultural awareness and DEI training across all functions
Consistent recognition of great work through meaningful rewards and career advancements
Benefits and perks vary depending on the nature of your employment and country of residence. Terms and conditions may apply.
If you want to make an impact, Lime is the place for you. Not sure if you meet all the qualifications? If this role excites you we encourage you to apply. Explore all opportunities on our career page.
Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer, but that’s just the start. We believe different perspectives help us grow and achieve more. That’s why we’re dedicated to hiring and developing the most talented and globally diverse team – which includes individuals with different backgrounds, abilities, identities and experiences.
See more open positions at Lime
Something looks off?