commerce, ca, usa
Posted on Thursday, August 24, 2023
Lime is the world's largest shared electric vehicle company. We’re on a mission to build a future where transportation is shared, affordable and carbon-free. Our electric bikes and scooters have powered 400+ million rides in 250+ cities on 5 continents, replacing an estimated 100+ million car trips. Named a Time 100 Most Influential Company and Fast Company Brand That Matters, we achieved a fully profitable year in 2022, becoming the first in our industry to reach this milestone.
Lime is hiring a Fulfillment Associate to join our dynamic team in the fulfillment department. In this role, you will play a critical role in ensuring the smooth and efficient operations of our fulfillment center.
The ideal candidate will have experience working in an evolving startup environment. As an in-the-moment problem solver, you will have the ability to think about short-term needs while contributing to the long-term growth plan. If you are energized about building and scaling operations and being part of a forward-thinking organization, this is an excellent opportunity for you to make an impact.
What you'll do:
- Pick, pack, and ship orders accurately and efficiently to ensure timely delivery.
- Receive incoming inventory, perform quality checks, and update inventory records as necessary.
- Move and organize inventory using a forklift and pallet jack
- Optimize fulfillment processes and enhance overall efficiency in collaboration with your team
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment in accordance with safety guidelines
- Assist in periodic inventory audits and cycle counts to ensure inventory accuracy.
- Communicate and coordinate with other departments to resolve order-related issues.
- Actively participate in training and development programs to enhance job skills and knowledge.
- Execute safety initiatives for the fulfillment center ensuring safety protocols and guidelines to maintain a safe work environment are adhered too.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 6 months - 1 year of experience working in an inventory management, fulfillment / distribution center or warehouse role
- Ability to lift and carry packages of up to approximately 55lbs.
- Comfortable standing and walking for extended periods of time during the shift.
- Strong computer skills including basic knowledge of MS Excel or Google Sheets.
- Knowledge of inventory management systems.
- Detail oriented with the ability to accurately process orders.
- Strong knowledge of safety protocols and practices in a warehouse setting.
- Experience working in a startup or fast-paced environment.
- Strong experience working with fulfillment software and tools for order tracking and inventory management.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team and adapt to changing priorities.
- Sit-down, Stand-up/reach forklift experience and certification.
- This role may involve heavy lifting, exposure to temperature extremes, and prolonged standing, given the nature of the fulfillment center environment.
This is a contracted position that will be hired, managed, and compensated through a third-party employer. By submitting information through this posting, the applicant agrees Lime may forward all submitted information to the applicable third-party employer, and the third-party employer may contact the applicant regarding the role.
The hourly rate for this position is $20.00 USD depending on the location of the candidate hired. This position is not eligible for benefits through Lime as this is a contract position.
If you want to make an impact, Lime is the place for you. Not sure if you meet all the qualifications? If this role excites you we encourage you to apply. Explore all opportunities on our career page.
Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer, but that’s just the start. We believe different perspectives help us grow and achieve more. That’s why we’re dedicated to hiring and developing the most talented and globally diverse team – which includes individuals with different backgrounds, abilities, identities and experiences.