Senior General Ledger Accountant
Accounting & Finance
Posted on Monday, October 30, 2023
Lime is the world's largest shared electric vehicle company. We’re on a mission to build a future where transportation is shared, affordable and carbon-free. Our electric bikes and scooters have powered 400+ million rides in 250+ cities on 5 continents, replacing an estimated 100+ million car trips. Named a Time 100 Most Influential Company and Fast Company Brand That Matters, we achieved a fully profitable year in 2022, becoming the first in our industry to reach this milestone.
Lime is hiring a Senior General Ledger Accountant to join our GL team! In this role, you will report into the GL team in the Penang SSC Finance team. You will be joining a group of dedicated people from different backgrounds but all working towards a common goal, financial reporting of the highest accuracy and completeness within our capabilities.
The ideal candidate will have experience working in a startup culture. You will be comfortable working within an evolving environment. You are an in-the-moment problem solver and are able to stay focused on building and scaling for the future. You thrive on building relationships and uncover the employee sentiment around current offerings.
We are a remote-first company and for many roles, we welcome applications from anywhere we operate. It is preferred that this role is based within 90 minutes from our Penang, Malaysia office.
What you’ll do:
- Assist with financial close process and ensure timely reporting of monthly financial results
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Analyze and prepare monthly P&L and balance sheet fluctuations
- Prepare and maintain monthly G/L journal entries with supporting documentation
- Bank reconciliations and corresponding journal entries
- Maintain company fixed assets ledger and record monthly depreciation entries if any
- Contribute to tax and statutory compliance efforts, including timelines for filing of tax reports, statutory audits
- Handle ad-hoc tasks/projects as assigned by manager
- Degree in finance/accounting, with 5-7 years relevant working experiences
- Demonstrates strong understanding of accounting concepts and proficiency
- Proficient in MS application as well as Google suite
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multitask in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Good time management skills and well organized
- Excellent written, verbal, and communication skills
- Self-starter and able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Energetic team player with the ability to build good working relationships
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to problem-solve and detail-oriented
When you join Lime, you join a global community of smart, caring, talented individuals working together to deliver world-changing results; striving to create an experience that enables Limers to do their best work. Here are some ways we support and invest in our team:
Competitive salaries, performance-based annual bonus and pre-IPO equity
Health and wellness offerings for all team members starting day one including access to top-tier fitness and mindfulness apps
Flexible vacation policies with ample paid holidays tailored to country of residence
Fully-paid leave following the birth or adoption of a child and financial, medical and educational support for Limers pursuing parenthood
Support for retirement and financial goals with unlimited access to financial advisors
Unlimited, complimentary use of our vehicles in hundreds of cities around the world
Professional growth opportunities through quarterly learning days and top-tier tools
Opportunities to connect across teams and locations to network, socialize and volunteer
Culture of belonging with Employee Resource Groups that engage and promote cultural awareness and DEI training across all functions
Consistent recognition of great work through meaningful rewards and career advancements
Benefits and perks vary depending on the nature of your employment and country of residence. Terms and conditions may apply.
If you want to make an impact, Lime is the place for you. Not sure if you meet all the qualifications? If this role excites you we encourage you to apply. Explore all opportunities on our career page.
Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer, but that’s just the start. We believe different perspectives help us grow and achieve more. That’s why we’re dedicated to hiring and developing the most talented and globally diverse team – which includes individuals with different backgrounds, abilities, identities and experiences.