Sr. Manager, IT SOX
Posted on Friday, November 10, 2023
Lime is the world's largest shared electric vehicle company. We’re on a mission to build a future where transportation is shared, affordable and carbon-free. Our electric bikes and scooters have powered 400+ million rides in 250+ cities on 5 continents, replacing an estimated 100+ million car trips. Named a Time 100 Most Influential Company and Fast Company Brand That Matters, we achieved a fully profitable year in 2022, becoming the first in our industry to reach this milestone.
We are looking for a hands-on highly effective leader with a passion and proven track record of successfully driving a global IT SOX compliance program for a technology platform company. This role will report to the Head of SOX and will partner closely with Engineering, IT and Security, Operations, and Business Information Systems teams to stand up our global IT SOX compliance program and drive cross-functional IT improvement initiatives to support Lime's rapid growth and public company readiness.
The ideal candidate is expected to drive change, think independently, clearly communicate and be the primary contact for all internal and external SOX IT compliance efforts and inquiries.
What you’ll do:
- Oversee and drive the IT SOX IPO Readiness workstream, perform gap analysis, and develop a pre-IPO roadmap and prioritization for implementing key SOX IT and controls, including data governance and platform completeness and accuracy controls
- Lead and drive our annual global SOX IT compliance program, including: risk assessment and scoping, process walkthroughs and flowcharting, documenting significant and critical processes, identifying key controls and control gaps, IT applications and ITGC's, testing, and remediation
- Contribute to the timely report out to management and Audit Committee of our SOX Compliance program, including IT SOX testing and deficiency status, proposed recommendations and remediation plans, and tracking of those plans to ensure deficiencies are fully remediated
- Oversee the IT SOX program management, including the coordination between the internal SOX team, third party SOX consultants, internal IT system owner and the external auditors
- Responsible for educating, training, and monitoring functional teams for IT SOX compliance to outlined processes, and ensure that all key controls/objectives are understood and properly performed
- Go-to person for internal IT controls expertise, providing reliable and insightful advice for designing and implementing effective controls for new and improving existing IT processes and controls
- Proactively advising management on key risk areas and drive remediation plans balancing risk mitigation with pragmatic and efficient IT processes and controls
- 8+ years of combined IT SOX audit experience, and/or relevant SOX IT and business process controls design, risk assessments and testing/validation
- Big 4/public accounting firm experience specializing in technology risk and SOX compliance advisory is preferred
- CISA, CISSP, CIA, or other relevant professional certification highly desired
- Understands U.S. GAAP, COSO framework, Sarbanes Oxley Act, PCAOB auditing standards
- Leadership experience in a technology platform company (or in a SOX IT consulting capacity) overseeing the design and implementation of SOX IT controls and data governance
- Strong understanding of IT risks and controls and their overall impact to the financial control environment, including hands on experience identifying IT control gaps and remediating IT control deficiencies
- Ability to influence, interact and partner effectively with cross-functional and remote teams at all levels of management and geographies
- Ability to comfortably lead discussions around internal control matters with leadership and external auditors
- Strong documentation and project management skills and experience
- Excellent organizational, communication (including written and oral presentations) and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and competing priorities
- “Ideal candidate” experience, education & capabilities (i.e. MBA/advanced degree or start-up experience)
- BS/BA degree in Management information systems, Information Technology, and/or Accounting, Finance, business administration, or relevant experience
The anticipated salary range for this position is $109.000.00 - $182,000.00 . Equity and benefits may be provided as part of the compensation package, depending on the position offered. Not all candidates will be eligible for the upper end of the salary range. Exact salary will ultimately depend on multiple factors, which may include the successful candidate's skills, experience and other qualifications as well as the candidate's location of residence. In addition to base salary, some roles may be eligible for a variable bonus based on a combination of company performance, employee performance, and management discretion.
When you join Lime, you join a global community of smart, caring, talented individuals working together to deliver world-changing results; striving to create an experience that enables Limers to do their best work. Here are some ways we support and invest in our team:
Competitive salaries, performance-based annual bonus and pre-IPO equity
Health and wellness offerings for all team members starting day one including access to top-tier fitness and mindfulness apps
Flexible vacation policies with ample paid holidays tailored to country of residence
Fully-paid leave following the birth or adoption of a child and financial, medical and educational support for Limers pursuing parenthood
Support for retirement and financial goals with unlimited access to financial advisors
Unlimited, complimentary use of our vehicles in hundreds of cities around the world
Professional growth opportunities through quarterly learning days and top-tier tools
Opportunities to connect across teams and locations to network, socialize and volunteer
Culture of belonging with Employee Resource Groups that engage and promote cultural awareness and DEI training across all functions
Consistent recognition of great work through meaningful rewards and career advancements
Benefits and perks vary depending on the nature of your employment and country of residence. Terms and conditions may apply.
If you want to make an impact, Lime is the place for you. Not sure if you meet all the qualifications? If this role excites you we encourage you to apply. Explore all opportunities on our career page.
Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer, but that’s just the start. We believe different perspectives help us grow and achieve more. That’s why we’re dedicated to hiring and developing the most talented and globally diverse team – which includes individuals with different backgrounds, abilities, identities and experiences.